RANDY RHOADS CONCORD TEMPLATE

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

camdenlp
Cool Member

Re: RANDY RHOADS CONCORD TEMPLATE

Post by camdenlp »

What exactly are we to post a picture of?
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

sik_kreations wrote:
randy will never die wrote:it was the first guitar to bare the jackson name

when groover jackson was building randys concord i dont think he had time to have a decal made it has to be a silk screen right????

Nope hand painted logo... Like the old sign painters did... I suck at that . So I had a buddy who's been striping for 40 years do my tribute guitar.. We did it in the same lettering.but it says Concorde not Jackson.. It's pretty legit and I matched the color.. For not seeing a relic.. My guitar maker has one of the closet replicas ever.. I matched the white, blue and gold just about as perfect.. The stripes are dead on.. Just partly covered by the artwork I did.
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

There's not really a name for the style of lettering.. Whoever originally did it would just be what they call a casual style.... In terms a sign painter would use.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

sik_kreations wrote:There's not really a name for the style of lettering.. Whoever originally did it would just be what they call a casual style.... In terms a sign painter would use.
could you ask you freind who built you guitar what type of lettering and were to get it THANKS A MILLION
The Rock

Post by The Rock »

randy will never die wrote:
sik_kreations wrote:There's not really a name for the style of lettering.. Whoever originally did it would just be what they call a casual style.... In terms a sign painter would use.
could you ask you freind who built you guitar what type of lettering and were to get it THANKS A MILLION
Sorry to but into your conversation, but SK said there isn't a name for the style of lettering and what I get from earlier posts his buddy free-handed the logo...

Here Jackson Logo decals you could use as a template... If you're planning on using the templates in the original post, why does it sound like you're wanting the Jackson logo on the headstock? If Jackson doesn't build it, it's illeagal to use the logo.

Here's a TT Font if you're looking to create your own name in a similar style writing to the Jackson Logo.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

The Rock wrote:
Sorry to but into your conversation, but SK said there isn't a name for the style of lettering and what I get from earlier posts his buddy free-handed the logo...

Here Jackson Logo decals you could use as a template... If you're planning on using the templates in the original post, why does it sound like you're wanting the Jackson logo on the headstock? If Jackson doesn't build it, it's illeagal to use the logo.

Here's a TT Font if you're looking to create your own name in a similar style writing to the Jackson Logo.
thanks man if you look at his tribute concord it looks spot on
thanks for the lettering
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

My buddy who built , only made the guitar... I painted the guitar.. And the logo was the ONLY paint I didn't do... But was done by a sign painter buddy.. It's a one off... Done by hand.. He looked at he original Jackson logo I showed and interpreted that letter style that said Jackson.. And made it say "concorde". If u want that style.. Find a logo ..Trace it. Draw it convert it to a file and have one printed or plotted to a sticker.

Each person who had a part in this project are professionals. Nothing towards this thing will be given Out for free.this project took a lot of research and time on my part.

If u want your guitar made, painted to match relic, hand painted logo done.. Won't be an issue.. Send it out my way.. It won't be too expensive :shock:

P.s. I was offered 5k for my guitar.. I politely declined.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

google images randy rhoads concord headstock

look at the last image or the right
guitarsteve

Post by guitarsteve »

I made mine by drawing it out and took it to a sign shop that makes vinyl stickers. I just pulled from a picture of randy's headstock. It wasn't hard at all...
Attachments
securedownload.jpeg
Last edited by guitarsteve on Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of a thousand knights, pawn in a table fight, losing to you
guitarsteve

Post by guitarsteve »

More pics of my Jackson kv4 pdv that I did myself are in the randy rhoads collectors corner of the forum...
King of a thousand knights, pawn in a table fight, losing to you
randy will never die
Mass Poster

guitarsteve wrote:I made mine by drawing it out and took it to a sign shop that makes vinyl stickers. I just pulled from a picture of randy's headstock. It wasn't hard at all...
\
WHY didnt i think of that
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Why not put your name or Rhoads instead? Make it unique!
randy will never die
Mass Poster

hansolo wrote:Why not put your name or Rhoads instead? Make it unique!
you know I am going to do one with the jackson logo and hang it up in my galss display case. That way I have some thing to look at then I will make another one with my name good idea hansolo
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Good news just heard back from the guy that makes these and sells these his name is Ronny trigo and he said that the concord template a exact copy of the Ltd model from the 90s it's still pretty accurate I asked him if he has any templates with the toggle switch on the side but he's said no he did not get that part traced on the template so any way you look at it you are getting a really good deal even thought this template is not based off the 2008 concord relic model
$68 dollars not bad

There if any body wants to make there own concord