These may be new to you ...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Re: These may be new to you ...

Post by Silver Rhoads »

That picture of Randy holding Bonehead is shown on one whole page in the new RR book. It's awesome seeing it at that size and high resolution quality. That dog was a beautiful little pup.
scooterh67

Post by scooterh67 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:I wonder if the .tk crowd went nuts over that video you posted?

It's from a DVD Kelly Garni made for those of us who contributed money to him when he was in need. Soon after I was in need and put my DVD up on eBay - the firestorm after that was amazing, and I was banned so I couldn't defend myself... now it's on YouTube?

Times they do change us, don't they? There was a time that was such a big deal, now it simply isn't... and for the record, I am not bitter about this, a friend helped me out when I needed it, I was just relating the story that came to mind when I saw that video.
Paul i noticed this on ebay it made a good price did you do ok with yours ?.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1027649686
I helped on this one OR donated to Kelly to get this dvd. It was a few years back? I haven't watched it in some time But will add that the person who is selling this dvd probably made the dvd cover?? It is really cool but mine didn't come like that! Mine had the written note and was enclosed in a blank cd case and no cover. I glad that I at least have the dvd though.

Scott
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

These are a few i don't recognise, i see the RR FB page have been busy taking stuff from UR, so i've done likewise. :lol:
You never seem to see many Live pics of Randy with his top off. One for the ladies :wink:
Attachments
RR & Ozzy tits oot.jpg
QR early pic.jpg
RR cool pic.jpg
RR wi fan Portland Or.jpg
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

the 4th one posing with the kid, I acquired and uploaded a long time ago when I acquired it. It's from Seattle,WA show. I also made nice copy and gave to Delores at a memorial in 06 and Kelle's wife really liked it. Nice avatar by the way Shaun. :P
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

TAB wrote:the 4th one posing with the kid, I acquired and uploaded a long time ago when I acquired it. It's from Seattle,WA show. I also made nice copy and gave to Delores at a memorial in 06 and Kelle's wife really liked it. Nice avatar by the way Shaun. :P
Someone had said that the same guy in the photo with Randy had some great shots from the gig. All taking from the front row, but the guy who promised to post some up has not getting round to posting any. Someone said the photo was from the Portland Or. Hilton hotel ?. If we'd had camera phones back then i'm sure we would of seen alot more photos of fans with Randy. My avatar is for when i cannot be bothered to mouth off... i just do this
<<< Eyes left :shock:
It comes in handy :wink:
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

A slightly better version here of Randy's birthday, wearing that blue shirt: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6408
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers for that link.. I thought i'd seen that birthday photo before with $haron cropped. SR how did you get this info ?.

"From what I've heard, all of the films rolls and pictures he took are with the family. I believe many rolls are still undeveloped. All of his belongings are with them, so I doubt anyone will ever see that stuff."
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Cheers for that link.. I thought i'd seen that birthday photo before with $haron cropped. SR how did you get this info ?.

"From what I've heard, all of the films rolls and pictures he took are with the family. I believe many rolls are still undeveloped. All of his belongings are with them, so I doubt anyone will ever see that stuff."
Kelle Rhoads told me himself. It may have been mentioned over at TK too. I can't recall. I don't know why the family wouldn't develop the film. Too painful I guess.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I understand, but like TA mentioned he handed a photo of Randy to Delores at the 2006 memorial and she was happy to receive it. Those rolls of film would of been Randy's last memories to show his family when he got back home. If i was family i'd be curious to see what was on them. That's if they would develope ok. What you have to remember is alot of them will not be of Randy as he'd be the photographer. Unless Randy was always one of those who swaps cameras to be sure he's on the film.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

Silver Rhoads wrote:A slightly better version here of Randy's birthday, wearing that blue shirt: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6408

i like those sorry bout spelling i am sick
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

So i wonder if the guy i borrowed the pic from :-) was the guy who won the auction ?. As he said he would have to take the pics out of the frames to scan them. Did the set include a full set from DOTG ?. Are the framed pics from the original seller ?. I wonder if that is a RR pick ?. I've never seen one with a guitar shop tex on before ?. Thats a great pic with the signature on. It's very similar to the same pose as Dave's pic here but from a different angle, a few seconds later ?
ImageImage
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It's cool to see this pic of Randy in colour. I recognised it from the photo with Budgie's guitarist 'JT' John Thomas.

Attachments
Randy &  JT black & white.jpg
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

The guy that won the auction I think his name is Rudy ironcally, when he won the items he felt bad for me and made me Kodak hard copies from the originals and sent them to me. Was super nice of him. I know the auction was for what you see in the photos, Delores stationary, a Guitar Center pick I think Delores sent that to him with the letters. The seller took a set of photos but was only offering whats pictured. From what I I remember reading the story which my memory is shot but he said something about giving Randy a set of photos he took and Randy signed that one and gave it back to him. Something to that effect.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Paul i noticed this on ebay it made a good price did you do ok with yours ?.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1027649686
I didn't get that much, no :D ... I did get enough to help me at the time and I'm grateful for that.
scooterh67 wrote:I helped on this one OR donated to Kelly to get this dvd. It was a few years back? I haven't watched it in some time But will add that the person who is selling this dvd probably made the dvd cover?? It is really cool but mine didn't come like that! Mine had the written note and was enclosed in a blank cd case and no cover. I glad that I at least have the dvd though.

Scott
I don't recall the note being part of it, mine was just a disc and a case, the disc itself was numbered... it was the coolest thing ever at the time!