Great new interview about the new Randy book

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rzbk777

Re: Great new interview about the new Randy book

Post by rzbk777 »

rokket wrote:
RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:Anyone who gives even ONE CENT towards anything involving Andrew Klein (especially) or Peter Margolis - deserves to be ripped-off.

Good luck.

Agreed.....100%
I have not been around here long, why do people not like Andrew Klein and Peter Margolis? I'm not trying to start a war, I seriously don't know. Can someone shed some light on this for me please?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I have just emailed velocitybooks and made some enquiries regarding the shipping costs. I asked if they would consider using other distributers or publishers in the UK or Europe and the answer was no. They do plan on making the book available through Amazon.com but the price will be higher to compensate for the weight of the book and the shipping will not be free. So it'll cost UK fans £100.43 all in. How much has the book cost to ship in the USA for USA residents ?.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

rzbk777 wrote:I have not been around here long, why do people not like Andrew Klein and Peter Margolis? I'm not trying to start a war, I seriously don't know. Can someone shed some light on this for me please?
This thread here may shine some light on the situation...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6516&hilit=PM+docu
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I have just emailed velocitybooks and made some enquiries regarding the shipping costs. I asked if they would consider using other distributers or publishers in the UK or Europe and the answer was no. They do plan on making the book available through Amazon.com but the price will be higher to compensate for the weight of the book and the shipping will not be free. So it'll cost UK fans £100.43 all in. How much has the book cost to ship in the USA for USA residents ?.
I think the average cost for the U.S. is about $14 or $15.00 U.S. dollars. It is a really heavy book. It's as thick or a little thicker than the Kisstory book and only an inch or so shorter than it.
rzbk777

Post by rzbk777 »

Silver Rhoads wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I have just emailed velocitybooks and made some enquiries regarding the shipping costs. I asked if they would consider using other distributers or publishers in the UK or Europe and the answer was no. They do plan on making the book available through Amazon.com but the price will be higher to compensate for the weight of the book and the shipping will not be free. So it'll cost UK fans £100.43 all in. How much has the book cost to ship in the USA for USA residents ?.
I think the average cost for the U.S. is about $14 or $15.00 U.S. dollars. It is a really heavy book. It's as thick or a little thicker than the Kisstory book and only an inch or so shorter than it.

Yes mine was $114.00 shipped.
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

My guess is that the book is delivered DDP to your doorstep. Meaning the possible duties and taxes are included in the shipping cost.

EU doesn't have a customs duty on books and many member countries have lower VAT rates for different goods. In Finland VAT for books is 9% - that means there shouldn't be any taxes to collect at least here. So the courier is the winner in my case. :(

My bet is they decided to use a lump sum of $60 to cover all possible costs anywhere outside US. Much easier that way.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Interesting to see that Grover Jackson will be at the Book Soup signing. If you want to get a guitar and yourself a free book get yourself along there.

Kicking off this event, Grover Jackson, President, co-founder & figurehead of GJ2 Guitars by Grover Jackson, will be giving away THE FIRST guitar in his new line for the company. This new design is being made specifically for this event and in honor of rock icon, Randy Rhoads. The historic world reveal will take place at 3pm . Jackson will also give away 1 free Randy Rhoads book to each of the first 10 people to buy a guitar from the new line.

Event special guests include:
Grover Jackson & Jon Gold of GJ2 Guitars
Itsme3

Post by Itsme3 »

:fish:
Last edited by Itsme3 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Oh, please. Give it a rest.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

thanks for the inside scoop steve!!!!i cant wait to hear whats gonna go down tomorrow too!!! : )
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

saaayyy, where did ya get this nifty little inside info from? ;) 8)
Itsme3

Post by Itsme3 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Oh, please. Give it a rest.

Tito, no tienes un burrito de estar comiendo en?
Itsme3

Post by Itsme3 »

Stiltzkin wrote:saaayyy, where did ya get this nifty little inside info from? ;) 8)
Dude read above!
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

[/quote]Tito, no tienes un burrito de estar comiendo en?[/quote] LMAO!!!!!!!!!steve not all spanish people are mexican by your lil stab at stereotyping!!!!!! i gotta give it to you i almost pissed my pants laughing!!!!!!! :lol:
Itsme3

Post by Itsme3 »

Tito wrote:
Tito, no tienes un burrito de estar comiendo en?[/quote] LMAO!!!!!!!!!steve not all spanish people are mexican by your lil stab at stereotyping!!!!!! i gotta give it to you i almost pissed my pants laughing!!!!!!! :lol:[/quote]

Oh Stop! Everyone that post can't be Steve. lol at every post being Steve. That dude left a mark huh? :roll: