Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

fortress
Madman

Ive got an email from someone who is working on QUiet RIot D

Post by fortress »

hi guys, ive got a msg on my youtube channel... here it is

Randy Rhoads clips...
Hi there,

This is Regina Russell, the producer and director of the new Quiet Riot Documentary. I loved your clips. Do you have the photos and newspaper clippings in them? I would love to use some of them in the documentary.

Please let me know, thanks!

Did you know about this one??
baconstealer1

Re: Ive got an email from someone who is working on QUiet RI

Post by baconstealer1 »

whoa pretty cool bro! I know the Quiet Riot book was supposed to have a dvd and now the book isn't happening for a little bit so i don't know if this is them or not.
Randy died because God wanted Guitar lessons
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

i never heard about a QUiet Riot doc
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Didnt Frankie do a doc on QR?
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

it might be the one frankie banali was trying to put together a while back..should be a thread on here somewhere about it..if its the same one, not sure..cool tho!!!
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Reginal RUssel is a legit producer according to google. ANyway i did answer her and did tell her to contact KG instead
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Unless he changed his trajectory recently, Frankie's doc covered the Quiet Riot story from the recording/release/tour of Metal Health forward.
In my own opinion, I think he was wise to leave the Rhoads years out of his film, as that has proven to be a tough peak to summit.

~T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

whoopiecat wrote:Unless he changed his trajectory recently, Frankie's doc covered the Quiet Riot story from the recording/release/tour of Metal Health forward.
In my own opinion, I think he was wise to leave the Rhoads years out of his film, as that has proven to be a tough peak to summit.

~T.
A good point well spoken, adding RR o the mix seems to be the kiss of death to anything a d everything we have all strived and worked towards.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Trigger wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:Unless he changed his trajectory recently, Frankie's doc covered the Quiet Riot story from the recording/release/tour of Metal Health forward.

~T.
A good point well spoken, adding RR o the mix seems to be the kiss of death to anything a d everything we have all strived and worked towards.
Truer words have never been spoken, Trigger. It just seems to be impossible to move forward with anything RR related. The things that we do get are like gold nuggets, as they're so few and far between.

That being said, I really want to see what Frankie Banali has created here. Sounds cool.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

Post by randy will never die »

but leaving randy out would be a bad thing randy was the first gurtist in quiet riot
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

randy will never die wrote:but leaving randy out would be a bad thing randy was the first gurtist in quiet riot
Randy was the founder of Quiet Riot with Kelly Garni, not simply the first in a succession of guitar players. The 'Quiet Riot' Frankie was in was only so named because Randy had made it known that his first band had that name. Without Randy's mentioning of the name in interviews after finding fame with Ozzy, the band known as Quiet Riot (but actually being DuBrow) would never have gotten anywhere...

A documentary about QR without Randy would be like a documentary of KISS only focusing on the years with Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I've noticed over the years that any Quiet Riot books dvd's articles etc. Randy hardly gets a mention. Especially in the early 80's he was the original founder of the band. You'd think he'd get a bit more recognition. I don't know if the 'red tape' is too much to include his name or photos, footage etc. Or is the copyright on his name too much to forget him and get on with the project ?.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

fortress wrote:Reginal RUssel is a legit producer according to google. ANyway i did answer her and did tell her to contact KG instead
Regina is Frankie Bannali's fiance and the director of this docu. I had a look around the web and the only links i could find are this
http://www.quietriotmovie.com and a FB page linked to that, but no latest info on what's happening.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I've noticed over the years that any Quiet Riot books dvd's articles etc. Randy hardly gets a mention. Especially in the early 80's he was the original founder of the band. You'd think he'd get a bit more recognition. I don't know if the 'red tape' is too much to include his name or photos, footage etc. Or is the copyright on his name too much to forget him and get on with the project ?.
might have something to do with QR being just another LA band when Randy was in it.
remember, this was around the time Van Halen broke it big and while Eddie stunned the world
QR was a glampop band not even able to secure a US deal :!:
...and when QR finally made it big with 'Metal Health', Randy was long gone ...
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Maybe that Ron Sobol book has something to do with this?... It was going to include a DVD with the Randy Rhoads Quiet Riot years? It could be that both parties had an understanding to release separate documentaries? It kind of makes sense as it ended up being two completely different bands.

"Randy Rhoads: The Quiet Riot Years", a new book from QUIET RIOT's personal photographer/lighting director Ron Sobol, will be available for pre-order starting around April 1 from GuitarWorld.com.

Enhanced by a rich collection of Ron Sobol's evocative photographs, rare video footage and moving personal memories, coupled with a raft of Kevin DuBrow's original memorabilia, this is the captivating story of QUIET RIOT's near-impossible journey to superstardom, a story that first began on March 3, 1975 with legendary guitar icon Randy Rhoads in tow. Rocked by adversity at every turn, refusing to give up, resolute that it was their way or the highway, QUIET RIOT truly epitomize the word survivor, by eventually becoming one of the most popular bands in heavy metal history.

"Randy Rhoads: The Quiet Riot Years" is being published by Red Match Productions, with exclusive distribution through Guitar World. As a bonus, this book comes with a 90-minute DVD documentary of the QUIET RIOT years with Randy, containing interview footage telling the story of the band. The DVD will also feature the song "Hymn 11" from French-Algerian artist Pierre Bensusan, globally known as the "Mozart of Guitar", taken from his "Altiplatos" album.