HEY FRIENDS.....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: HEY FRIENDS.....

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Now a copy with a personalized autograph from Randy ("To Paul... your good friend Randy") I'd probably consider $100 :wink:
BowTie29
Cool Member

Post by BowTie29 »

All fighting about price aside, has anyone here ever heard the audio in thenvideo before both the interview or guitar playing? I haven't and I'm not sure if it is previously unreleased or not. It would amazing to hear more of what's unreleased someday
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

The audio is probably from the Joh Stix interview conducted Aug 81.

Parts have been in circulation, but not all of it. Anyone up the available audio?
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

I meant no offense mentioning RR shrines. There are different levels of fandom and some folks are going to buy anything associated with Randy regardless because that's what makes them happy. To the collectors and rabid fans more power to you. I hit this site every few days so I must admit I'm more than a casual fan. I pre-ordered the box last time, but I am waiting until I get reviews of the book before I buy. I certianly don't want something for nothing I just want to read some reviews before I buy it.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

well i have a randy stuffed doll i made a while back and i go to bed with it every night does this make me a fanatic? : /
The_Scratch

Post by The_Scratch »

I am getting two copies.
Kixy

Post by Kixy »

I'd love a copy, $100 is around £55 so that seems reasonable to me, I bought a book on David Bowie for around that price 315 pages and it was worth every penny to me, also i just cracked up so hard at Tito's comment, can i borrow your doll please? :')
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!im glad somebody got it!!!!!!!!i had to add some levity to this thread!!!!peace!!!!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The_Scratch wrote:I am getting two copies.
Freak!
Donnie
Cool Member

Post by Donnie »

Tito wrote:well i have a randy stuffed doll i made a while back and i go to bed with it every night does this make me a fanatic? : /
obsession is nine-tenths of the law :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1756 Mozart~1956 Rhoads~2156 ??????
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

stress2stress2 wrote:The audio is probably from the Joh Stix interview conducted Aug 81.

Parts have been in circulation, but not all of it. Anyone up the available audio?
Has anyone checked out the youtube video vs the Stix interview? I'd do it but I've been super busy with work, etc- there's a hint in Rosen's bio that he has an "extensive" audio interview collection (1000+ hrs!) that he has been organizing- if he interviewed Randy that could be another source for "unreleased" material! If nothing else I'll get to this later tonight. . . .
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

I could watch a whole two hour documentary DVD on the Randy Rhoads story narrated by his interviews with rare photos just like the youtube book promo video... Wouldn't it be a great surprise if the book came with a little "extra"... If there is so little footage available then this would be an ideal way to tell his story.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Can someone tell me the main reason why the documentary got shelved, scrapped, stopped ?. I have only heard rumours but i've never heard anyone officially say it's not coming out because ?????.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:i've never heard anyone officially say it's not coming out because ?????.
I'm not sure it was ever declared dead. I always assumed it got back-burnered while Dakota works on other stuff. It'll eventually be released, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a direct-to-DVD release rather than a theatrical one.
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:i've never heard anyone officially say it's not coming out because ?????.
I'm not sure it was ever declared dead. I always assumed it got back-burnered while Dakota works on other stuff. It'll eventually be released, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were a direct-to-DVD release rather than a theatrical one.
I'll take anything I can get... I'd be surprised if it wasn't shown in a few independent cinemas around the world though? There always is a market for this kind of movie & it can make some money that way. I never thought the book would come out before the movie though... At least this is a step in the right direction & hopefully we will get some sort of unexpected surprise soon?... We can only hope so...

And another thing... My book order number was 1059 so I am assuming that only 59 copies of the book have been sold so far as most publishers start off at either 100 or 1000? That is not too many copies sold so I can see why the book is costing so much in a way. I know times are tough but the book looks to me to be quite amazing so I hope that sales increase & the likelihood of the movie being released may finally happen this year.