Well, the D-Day is almost here.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

RRFan4Ever
Madman

Re: Well, the D-Day is almost here.

Post by RRFan4Ever »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I just wanted to share a sentiment from a friend of Randy's that was posted on Facebook....
Randy knew the truth- the best music of any kind, even metal, benefits from displaying a wide range of feeling and emotion. Those who rely solely on being as loud as they can be will never be effective at communicating the language of the soul. This can be said of any human, musician or not. Randy was and is a wonderful musician, and a wonderful Soul. God Rest, and may all who still hurt tomorrow feel the Love that connects us all. God Bless you, always, and keep you safe in the arms of Love. ♥
Thank you for sharing that quote, too often one can forget the deeper meaning to a very brutal reality- that it's been 30 years already, and no he won't be back. Randy did effectively speak through his guitar, and whenever I listen to him, no matter what it is that I'm doing, I can literally feel the emotion he conveyed through his instrument. I don't think that too many other musicians/guitarists can compare to what he left behind, at least not for me anyway. And I listen to about 5 hours of music a day, I'm constantly listening to all genres- both new and old, and no matter what I'm exposed to, it just isn't the same as Randy Rhoads!

RIP Randy, you're sorely missed:(
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

When I talk about wanting to hear rehearsal tapes or jam tapes or demos, it's because I can feel Randy in the room when I hear things of that nature. songs like Crazy Train or Crowley are associated with times in my life and don't evoke thoughts of Randy anymore. The Quiet Riot stuff does, because I don't hear it as often.

I've been reading the Crazy Train book, and I feel like I'm there in the story... hearing a master musician create would be such an incredible thing that's hard to explain. Quality of the recording isn't as important as the content of the recording. Anything that helps me know him better is what I want to hear.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I agree! I would love to hear demos and ideas. I think most fans would. When we go to hear the isolated guitar tracks I definitely felt that. I love em.
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

Geo Sav wrote:I agree! I would love to hear demos and ideas. I think most fans would. When we go to hear the isolated guitar tracks I definitely felt that. I love em.
ya know & if he were alive revisiting this 30 years later in seminars I think Randy would totally let us in on the thought process,feeling,&general vibe of what was going on @ the time. He'd prolly share the outtakes & some scratch things he did. We all strive for perfection but sometimes just the "in the moment" stuff can't be repeated & we all can appreciate that.