Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Yes, there must be footage somewhere!
91%
No, all there is we've seen already .
3%
I don't know.
6%

Total votes: 239

Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Re: Do you think more Randy Rhoads footage exists?

Post by Geo Sav »

I was always shocked they never did a actual video release for either album or played on something like midnight special or a show similar to it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Geo Sav wrote:I was always shocked they never did a actual video release for either album or played on something like midnight special or a show similar to it.

The last episode of the Midnight Special was May 1, 1981 and they were much more pop and new wave focused by then... MTV was launched 3 months to the day after Midnight Special folded, so, yeah, a video for Crazy Train would've made sense, although VH didn't have a video on MTV until Jump in '84.

I was watching a T.M. Stevens instructional video this morning and the RR footage thing popped into my head... Sharon was going with what she knew as far as promoting goes, I'd assume. The one 'pop show' video I've seen of Sabbath was for Never Say Die and it was sad, so maybe Ozzy was against the idea of making a video?

Sharon did set up 'After Hours' which Rudy says they all considered very cheesy, so, with MTV being very new and Disco/New Wave dominating TV, maybe the band as a whole didn't see the point at that stage...

They also assumed they'd have time down the road (like the Speak of the Devil concert) with Randy and Ozzy, no one foresaw Randy dieing so young, so video may have been in the future plans.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

paul i remember watching the video for pretty woman when i was 9 or 10 on mtv and that was in 81 or 82..remember that crazy video????lmao!!!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Tito wrote:paul i remember watching the video for pretty woman when i was 9 or 10 on mtv and that was in 81 or 82..remember that crazy video????lmao!!!!

Yeah, I remember that video... it wasn't in much of a rotation, though as it was kind out there... the first VH video that got real airplay was Jump and then Panama and then DLR owned MTV for years!!
Glam Keef

Post by Glam Keef »

Someone has just posted some silent cine footage of Port Vale Heavy Metal Holocaust on YouTube. I've never seen it before. Has a few seconds of Randy live at the end. Also features Riot and Frank Marino.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omNO7pcTB4c
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

^Cool!! Ozzy is on 2:00 --->
baconstealer1

Post by baconstealer1 »

Pretty cool, but there's something I noticed in the 30 years after the blizzard trailer (long version) at around 3:10 and at the very end of the video. It's a video of Ozzy in his white shirt with the tassels. The thing is, I haven't seen the full footage of that! It's not the footage that was released with the box set! Can someone clarify this please?
Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOKqWg87 ... re=channel
Randy died because God wanted Guitar lessons
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

its supposed to be from his black sabbath days...cant remember the date but it was discussed here..i thought the same thing when i first saw it..
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

You all find weird reasons and overanalyse why we dont have more Randy footage.. The fact is, we have tons and tons of footage from old band, footage taken before MTV and after MTV. Nothing from Randy Ozzy era... in fact, its real weird.
camdenlp
Cool Member

Post by camdenlp »

There's gonna be something that surfaces one day. I just hope I live long enough for that day to come!
baconstealer1

Post by baconstealer1 »

fortress wrote:You all find weird reasons and overanalyse why we dont have more Randy footage.. The fact is, we have tons and tons of footage from old band, footage taken before MTV and after MTV. Nothing from Randy Ozzy era... in fact, its real weird.
You're right it is weird. I just want to see some good quality footage of my hero play his guitar....
Randy died because God wanted Guitar lessons
blues_n_cues
Cool Member

Post by blues_n_cues »

camdenlp wrote:There's gonna be something that surfaces one day. I just hope I live long enough for that day to come!
well I got to meet Him briefly & see him live & it was my 1st concert and I forget bits & pieces of it but it made me carry on all these years later & carry on to my kids so that is always there.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

fortress wrote:You all find weird reasons and overanalyse why we dont have more Randy footage.. The fact is, we have tons and tons of footage from old band, footage taken before MTV and after MTV. Nothing from Randy Ozzy era... in fact, its real weird.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here...? We can do nothing but analyze possible reasons why there isn't more footage.

It's cool that this footage surfaced, but to me it's crap. It's blurry and there is no sound... If you like it, more power to you.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Still hoping for something to pop up. Can't help it but still hopeful.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Paul Wolfe wrote:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here...? We can do nothing but analyze possible reasons why there isn't more footage.

It's cool that this footage surfaced, but to me it's crap. It's blurry and there is no sound... If you like it, more power to you.

The reality is : No pro footage exist. That's it. Like i said, we have tons and tons of footage from all others band out there and nothing from randy. ITs just the reality, nothing have been filmed. We would have found it already.

If something surface, it will something from fans, nothing PRO shot by the O's