Never-before-seen (Ozzy Doc)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Never-before-seen (Ozzy Doc)

Post by Silver Rhoads »

I had posted not to long ago about seeing the new Ozzy doc in the movie theater. I gave a small review and mentioned the photos, but the Blu-ray does have a couple extra photos. I'm posting the rare photos here for all to enjoy, but go out and get a copy of the Ozzy doc because the photos will look better on your TV than here. I'm also including the Gold record award photo from the box set, in case someone hasn't seen it. Click on the photos for a large view. Cheers.

Sharon applying eye liner for Ozzy with Randy in the background.

Alternate Blizzard photo. This may have been shown before.

Rare live Blizzard photo #1. May have been seen before.

Rare live Blizzard photo #2.

Alternate backstage photo, looking at Japanese promo.

Randy's birthday celebration #1.

Randy's birthday celebration #2

Randy's birthday celebration #2 zoomed.

Bonus photo on disc of Randy sightseeing.

Gold record award from the Anniversary Box Set.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Re: Never-before-seen (Ozzy Doc)

Post by Stewie »

thanks for these
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cheers for posting those up... Are these only available in the Blueray version of the Ozzy Doc ?. That's the Ozzy doc that Jack O directed ?. Could someone be an absolute darling and post some more pics up from the anniversary box set book as i have not seen this . thanks ;-)
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

very very special shots. Great to see Randy in normal settings, and having fun.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Cheers for posting those up... Are these only available in the Blueray version of the Ozzy Doc ?. That's the Ozzy doc that Jack O directed ?. Could someone be an absolute darling and post some more pics up from the anniversary box set book as i have not seen this . thanks ;-)
You guys are very welcome!

Yes, this is Jack's doc. I think it is on both regular DVD and Blu-ray. I just bought the Blu, hoping it was was the best possible quality for the Randy stuff.

They show almost the entire Guitar reader's award given to Randy, extra footage with sound. They left out the part with Randy saying he couldn't believe it, but there was some footage I've never seen before. It's very clear too. I think it is worth getting for the rare photos and that footage alone. I'm pretty sure this disc is fairly affordable too.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

How is the Ozzy story portrayed is it dramatised and acted out with unknown actors. I could imagine it to be very low budget, with cut scenes and Ozzy narrating his story ?.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:How is the Ozzy story portrayed is it dramatised and acted out with unknown actors. I could imagine it to be very low budget, with cut scenes and Ozzy narrating his story ?.
It's just like any other documentary made these days. They show Ozzy talking, Sharon and his kids. They show Ozzy's dressing room and how he warms up. There are no actors. Basically photos and rare video footage.

The extra footage of Randy excepting the guitar award is worth it alone. It's the clearest version I've seen with a little extra footage I've never seen or heard before. Sharon asks Randy to give Ozzy a kiss as a joke. Randy blushes, moans then laughs with embarrassment. There's an extra part of him speaking. It seems they added a new part of him wanting to get better, but cut the part about Randy not believing it and about Sharon always joking with him. Odd that they cut that small part out. There's probably more that MTV has never released of that day. Too bad.
bladeghost

Post by bladeghost »

Looking at the record award picture, it seems randy is very exicted as I would be , because I don't think he ever recieved one when he was with quiet riot. so it must've been quite an amazing feeling that day to get one.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

The pic of Randy site seeing made me think.........I would like to see the photos Randy took while he was in the UK and US....where are they I wonder....
baconstealer1

Post by baconstealer1 »

rokket wrote:The pic of Randy site seeing made me think.........I would like to see the photos Randy took while he was in the UK and US....where are they I wonder....
That would be cool but remember he took his camera up with him in the plane so we don't know how many pictures are left :|
Randy died because God wanted Guitar lessons
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

From what I've heard, all of the film rolls of the pictures Randy took are with the family. I believe many rolls are still undeveloped. All of his belongings are with them, so I doubt anyone will ever see that stuff.
Last edited by Silver Rhoads on Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Cool pics. Thanks for putting up.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

(With the Randy bass lessons playing in background...) I didn't like the outtake of Ozzy hitting the remote which cues up the huge flat screen from under the bed only to have it retract and come out again to nearly trip poor ol' Ozzy after he presented this gizmo... Excess - too much?
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Is this doc worth getting on blu- ray? Is there some Randy stuff in there?