Most Under-Rated Randy Song?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Most Under-Rated Randy Song?

Post by axeman_12656 »

Curious as to what each of you think is the most under-rated Randy Rhoads song. What song really gets your blood going but may not really get any radio play or any love from the general public? Be it Ozzy, Quiet Riot, or both.

For me its
S.A.T.O.
This song has always been one of my favorites. I think Randy plays and extremely strong rhythm on this song. And it has a ton of energy. Almost sounds like it was one live take (of course it wasn't). Randy just played so many fills and variations during that song. It kept it fun.

My Quiet Riot pick is
WE'VE GOT THE MAGIC
This song just has that 70's groove. It’s kind of in the vein of "Slow Ride" or some of the other classic songs of the time. Nice melody on the vocals. And this song sounds totally different than everything else they wrote.

ON A SIDE NOTE:
If you listen close... you can hear a variation of the WE'VE GOT THE MAGIC main riff in the bridge of S.A.T.O. right before the guitar solo.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Re: Most Under-Rated Randy Song?

Post by Axeman1956 »

Tonight... No doubt... I listen to 5 different local radio stations plus 4 other Sirius stations and I've never heard Tonight.... God Bless the band for Tonight.... It's my all time favorite song of any band....

Same thing with Little Dolls S.A.T.O and all of Quiet Riots songs from 75-79.... Pathetic that I've never heard any rock n roll documentry bring up Quiet Riot from those years.. Even Quiet Riots Facebook page doesn't... failure....
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Axeman1956 wrote:all of Quiet Riots songs from 75-79.... Pathetic that I've never heard any rock n roll documentry bring up Quiet Riot from those years.. Even Quiet Riots Facebook page doesn't... failure....
VH1's BEHIND THE MUSIC did. That is where Kevin loaned his live videos of QR w/ Randy and never got them back.

I agree... Tonight is amazing. Great choice
clashradio
Cool Member

Post by clashradio »

LITTLE DOLLS

Not sure why you guys don't like this song. But I think it's the best Ozzy/Randy song recorded.
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

clashradio wrote:LITTLE DOLLS

Not sure why you guys don't like this song. But I think it's the best Ozzy/Randy song recorded.
Little dolls is a favorite on one of my local radio stations... They play it every other day
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

tonight for sure. and sato second.
Kel

Post by Kel »

as was mentioned above I too love "We got the magic" -- I think all randy's work with QR is underrated

kel
Verbum Domini Manet en Aeternum

Kel
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Every song except Crazy Train is under-rated. Why the hell is CT the only song thats played regularly (except for on Axeman's radio station)? That strange little 3 note solo in Little Dolls is just so cool I can never get enough of it. And that Beatleish sounding transition part is amazing too!
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

For me its easily S.A.T.O., not only do I think its the most under-rated, but it may be my most favorite Randy Rhoads song ever.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
barossadude

Post by barossadude »

Im a fan of "Look In Any Window" from the RR Years album.

Kevins' re-hashed vocals really made a sleepy song on QR I into a fave of mine that I cant get enough of!
"Rock n' Roll's universal" - Bon Scott, AC/DC
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

not one person has picked a song off Blizzard yet. Maybe it's because those songs are still staples in Ozzy''s live set as appose to the Diary songs which have never been played live.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

If I was only looking at BOO it would be "No Bone Movies", love Randy's solo in that, and I always liked that it was a little different sounding, kinda bluesy to me.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Picking Up the Pieces could easily have been a radio hit... but then Randy would have found success with Quiet Riot, wouldn't have gone with Ozzy, would still be teaching at Musonia and this website wouldn't exist...
distortionplus
Cool Member

Post by distortionplus »

"Tonight", "S.A.T.O.", from BOO as far as under rated I'd go with "Steal Away the Night". I work for a fairly large University in the IT dept. and they play the opening of "Crazy Train" at Football and Basketball games quite often.
jimiforrest

Post by jimiforrest »

SATO has my fav Randy solo in it.