God Bless Ozzy Osbourne - 8/24 & 29

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

No1UNo
Cool Member

God Bless Ozzy Osbourne - 8/24 & 29

Post by No1UNo »

In theaters Wednesday, August 24th and Monday, August 29th in the U.S. For those of us here, perhaps even a remote chance of new & different, or enhanced RR footage? I wouldn't expect anything jaw dropping, but maybe snippets of new stuff...we'll see, and if there's anything new or different it may give a clue to longer cuts that have been stored away.

http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/s ... 4AodNGkJDg
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Re: God Bless Ozzy Osbourne - 8/24 & 29

Post by Shockwave »

I firmly believe there will be at least some snippets of home video with Ozzy, Randy and Sharon together. Didn't Jack say that during his interview with Ozzy about Randy that the tape got messed up or something and he lost most of it?

Jack has made a few comments how much Randy really does mean to Ozzy and Sharon, I have no doubt at all we will have some new Randy stuff, either in video, pictures or both.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

The only reason I'd want to see this is just for anything Randy-related I havent seen before. Im curious.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

I'm going. There is going to be a little Randy-era portion in it, and I'm intrigued with old Ozzy in general. Heck, $haron might even make a buck or two off me. I'm excited.
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

Nice to see this getting released in a timely manner. I definitely want to see it.

Maybe Peter Margolis can take a leaf from Jack's book.

Paging Peter Margolis.....
xk319

Post by xk319 »

Shockwave wrote: Didn't Jack say that during his interview with Ozzy about Randy that the tape got messed up or something and he lost most of it?
Yeah, he did. And I can't believe the millionaire didn't have a back up camera rolling at another angle. How hard is that to think of?! Especially when talking about something as personal and deep as Randy's relationship. Jack said it was the deepest he's ever seen his dad talk about Randy, and that he was crying/choked up for some of it. But, like Randy concert footage, that's gone forever too now. He said his re-take wasn't as moving.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

CanuckRhoadsFan wrote:Nice to see this getting released in a timely manner. I definitely want to see it.

Maybe Peter Margolis can take a leaf from Jack's book.

Paging Peter Margolis.....
Yes Peter, next time be Ozzy's son...
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

xk319 wrote:
Shockwave wrote: Didn't Jack say that during his interview with Ozzy about Randy that the tape got messed up or something and he lost most of it?
Yeah, he did. And I can't believe the millionaire didn't have a back up camera rolling at another angle. How hard is that to think of?! Especially when talking about something as personal and deep as Randy's relationship. Jack said it was the deepest he's ever seen his dad talk about Randy, and that he was crying/choked up for some of it. But, like Randy concert footage, that's gone forever too now. He said his re-take wasn't as moving.

Yeah, we had this footage that told of what really happened to Randy but the tape don't work. Destroyed. Nothing. BS. It's pretty hard to destroy a tape even if it's digital. How many fans got a little wood when you heard about the Randy stuff during the interview. I'm thinking Sharon is behind that comment. So, they just tell you what really happened to Randy in the reshoots? Sure. I believe that one too. I'm betting the movie will have about as much Randy as the TV show did. Briefly as the tease for the moviegoers.
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

I'm pretty sick of hearing the Randy days get dissed by the Ozz family of vultures. Did Jack really say the "Tape" got messed up? No one uses Tape anymore, so he's just plain full of typical Ozzland BS. Ozzy should wear a suit and tie and carry a briefcase, because he's more of a lawyer now than a musician.
rokket
Madman

Post by rokket »

SLAGER wrote:I'm pretty sick of hearing the Randy days get dissed by the Ozz family of vultures. Did Jack really say the "Tape" got messed up? No one uses Tape anymore, so he's just plain full of typical Ozzland BS. Ozzy should wear a suit and tie and carry a briefcase, because he's more of a lawyer now than a musician.
A film all about Ozzy, minus the lineup that put him on the map.........so half a story then.
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

If you search online there are new interviews with Jack. From what I understand they don't focus on Randy at all in the doc. Jack said people complained that Randy wasn't mentioned, so they are including on the DVD release of the Ozzy doc an "OLDER" interview of Ozzy talking about the accident. Unless it was misinterpreted, If this is true, I think we might have seen this footage of Ozzy talking about it already.

I know many people were hoping to watch this Ozzy documentary to see if there will be rare unseen Randy footage. We all assumed there would be, but need I say everyone will most likely be disappointed again. I was thinking about seeing it in the theater or wait for the DVD. Not sure what I should do.

UPDATE: I've changed my mind. I'm going to see the documentary tonight. I'll let you guys know what I thought of it and if there is any Randy at all. Not expecting any though.
SLAGER
Cool Member

Post by SLAGER »

Silver Rhoads wrote: UPDATE: I've changed my mind. I'm going to see the documentary tonight. I'll let you guys know what I thought of it and if there is any Randy at all. Not expecting any though.
Cool, I'll be waiting to hear about it. Enjoy!
CanuckRhoadsFan
Madman

Post by CanuckRhoadsFan »

SLAGER wrote:I'm pretty sick of hearing the Randy days get dissed by the Ozz family of vultures. Did Jack really say the "Tape" got messed up? No one uses Tape anymore, so he's just plain full of typical Ozzland BS. Ozzy should wear a suit and tie and carry a briefcase, because he's more of a lawyer now than a musician.
Exactly my thinking as well. There's always an excuse when it comes to why we don't see more Randy stuff from the O camp, isn't there?
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

rokket wrote: A film all about Ozzy, minus the lineup that put him on the map.........so half a story then.

HMM.... I believe BLACK SABBATH IS included on the doc! ;)
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Silver Rhoads
Cool Member

Post by Silver Rhoads »

Just got back from seeing the documentary tonight. It was interesting to see, but nothing really new as far as info. The first song to start was I Don't Know. There was one photo of Randy sitting next to Sharon that I have never seen before. I'm pretty sure no one has seen it before and I thought it was cool. There was another photo of Ozzy having his eye liner put on backstage for the Diary tour and you can see Randy's arm in the background. There were a couple of cool rare live Blizzard shots. There of course was some After Hours footage, but the quality was terrible. Maybe it was like that because it was blown up on the screen.

The best part was the video of Randy receiving the guitar award and it was clear! It's not cut and Sharon is telling Randy jokingly to kiss Ozzy. Randy starts laughing. They show the part of Randy speaking after. It's slightly cut from what we've seen when he talks about Sharon always joking with him, but it did have some at the beginning that I've never seen or heard before. I'm pretty sure all of this will be on the DVD and I hope they show the whole thing in its entirety.

Ozzy speaks briefly about losing Randy and Rudy also speaks about that day. Rudy is in it a few times. He mentions a passage from his book talking about going in the church and trying to figure out what had just happened and noticed Ozzy in the church crying. I think that was the first time I saw Rudy visibly cry and it got me going a bit. It was heartbreaking during that Randy segment. They showed the aerial footage of the house that we've seen and the damage to the bus. It was over before I had a chance to wrap my head around it.

They show some rare Sabbath footage and photos and probably the second half was about Ozzy getting clean. I thought it would be great to have more Randy material. Hopefully the DVD will have some extra material they couldn't fit. They didn't talk about Bob, Lee or Jake at all. Though you do see rare pictures of Jake. Some of the material was bouncing around. They were talking about the dove after Randy's passing. There were only about 17 people in the theater. Most people didn't even know it was playing or where it was playing. The DVD will be out in November.