Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

Re: Randy's take on Lee Kerslake

Post by NicDots »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
NicDots wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
Thats strange i was pissed as a rat and not very sober when i came out with that Dominatrix comment LOL!!..Have you been anywhere nice ?.
Estoy en España!!!
España.. una elección agradable de feriado. Visita a amigos y familia? Diviértase y el informe atrás con una foto de usted en el sol. Disfrute de X :wink: It's my second language LOL!!
I´m here to study (and drink...and salsa...). I´m having fun so far, but man, this is a very different country than the United States. It´s great to visit, but I wouldn´t want to live here! Anyway, I don´t mean to hyjack the thread...so I´ll say something more on this actually Bob and Lee subject.

I know where Isodee is coming from. It does seem like it´s becoming very trendy to side with Bob and Lee. Actually, becoming is the wrong word. It´s ALWAYS been trendy to side with Bob and Lee even without knowing entirely what went on or merely hearing Bob and Lee´s side of things. God forbid you don´t spell Sharon without a $ or say that you think Ozzy´s a good guy. While I am extremely grateful for what Bob and Lee have done, I think it´s high time that a little bit of credit (and perhaps respect) be given to the Osbournes as they, despite what people think, had SOMETHING to do with the writing, recording, funding and touring for those 2 albums we all love.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

NicDots wrote:
I know where Isodee is coming from. It does seem like it´s becoming very trendy to side with Bob and Lee. Actually, becoming is the wrong word. It´s ALWAYS been trendy to side with Bob and Lee even without knowing entirely what went on or merely hearing Bob and Lee´s side of things. God forbid you don´t spell Sharon without a $ or say that you think Ozzy´s a good guy. While I am extremely grateful for what Bob and Lee have done, I think it´s high time that a little bit of credit (and perhaps respect) be given to the Osbournes as they, despite what people think, had SOMETHING to do with the writing, recording, funding and touring for those 2 albums we all love.
I think Ozzy's a great guy, Sharon is a good business woman.

With that said, I tend to side with Bob and Lee because they were cheated out of what is owed to them. Bob does give some credit to Ozzy for writing melodies, it's not like he is saying "I wrote everything, Randy and Lee wrote some of it, and Ozzy was passed out all of the time except when we woke him to record, now give me my money"

And Bob had a lot to do with those 2 records as well, but he gets almost no credit from the Osbournes for it. At least SOMEONE is giving Bob and Lee the credit due to them.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I clicked on this old thread at random and gave it a quick read through. One thing that came to mind while reading this thread. The mention of Daisley writing all the lyrics etc. What crossed my mind was the case with the guy who killed himself while listening to 'Suicide Solution'. If it was for arguments say that Ozzy was going to be fingered for the potential 'murder' of a guy. You would think, hang on a minute i never wrote those lyrics..I sang them but i never wrote them ?. I wonder if this was ever brought up in court and if Bob was ever needed to testify in court ?.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'd guess that you're right, Ozzy and Sharon would be fools to claim they wrote the lyrics if there was any chance that the case was going to succeed. If they had a lawyer who was convinced that he could keep this from coming to fruition for the plaintiff, he may very well have said, "Don't mention the author of the lyrics, since you don't want to give up royalties to those other guys."

Yet another topic Bob may address in his book one day.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Isodee wrote:This pro Lee & Bob shite is getting really old. Change the tune already. :roll:

Change what tune? the fact is Randy was lucky that David Arden agreed to fly him over to the UK, Bob and Lee were a great rhythm section , thank god there were not any more yanks in that original line up...
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

Alex wrote:
Cryptic Night wrote:I haven't really heard the whole album, but even parts of the song No More Tears seem a little stupid to me. You may think they're pure gold, I don't. We all have our own opinions.
Wooot?

Seems odd to judge an album based on something that you seem to have only heard in passing.

Personally I'll take Ozzmosis over any other Ozzy album - both lyrically and musically.

For the record, I think Bob Daisley is an ass. Lee Kerslake I have no opinion of. Definitely no god.

Nah his voice was well shot by then, his best work vocally was Blizzard, Diary and Bark at the Moon .....
"If I knew then what I know now, I'd have made five albums with them" Ozzy Osbourne

It's regret, i think that really is the worst kind of pain, yeah guilt is bad, and sadness is bad, but regret is the sickly combination of both.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

barkatozz wrote:As a bass player I have played with the good, the bad, & the ugly of drummers. The bass & drum fit well together on those albums with those 2 guys. Lee is a great drummer. Not over-spectacular but very tight and old school Bonham-style with the single bass triplets. Aldridge kinda cheesed some of that stuff when he played it live. Bob has some of the greatest basslines on those 2 albums that Rudy totally cheesed on when he did them live. Had those 2 played on those albums it would have been a very different result and I really don't think it would've been as good.

Nicely put, ALdrige over played the parts live the songs transformed completely and Sarzo spent most of his time posing....

Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I'd guess that you're right, Ozzy and Sharon would be fools to claim they wrote the lyrics if there was any chance that the case was going to succeed. If they had a lawyer who was convinced that he could keep this from coming to fruition for the plaintiff, he may very well have said, "Don't mention the author of the lyrics, since you don't want to give up royalties to those other guys."

Yet another topic Bob may address in his book one day.
It seems that people often misunderstand this, Bob has always received royalties for writing the lyrics and music on BOO and Diary. It's the agreed royalties from sales for playing on those albums (performance royalties) that both Bob and Lee have never received, and as most people know, they weren't credited for playing or for co-production on Diary. But yes, Bob does go into detail about the Suicide Solution case in his book.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I clicked on this old thread at random and gave it a quick read through. One thing that came to mind while reading this thread. The mention of Daisley writing all the lyrics etc. What crossed my mind was the case with the guy who killed himself while listening to 'Suicide Solution'. If it was for arguments say that Ozzy was going to be fingered for the potential 'murder' of a guy. You would think, hang on a minute i never wrote those lyrics..I sang them but i never wrote them ?. I wonder if this was ever brought up in court and if Bob was ever needed to testify in court ?.
Hi Shaun,
I hadn't read this thread before and I have to say that I felt an overwhelming urge to give at least one of the posters a great big Glasgow Kiss.
As this thread started off being about Lee, should anyone be left in any doubt, Lee wrote ALL of his drum parts. Frankie Banali had no part whatsoever in writing anything, on any song on BOO or Diary, the songs were written in England by the band members who played on those albums.
In answer to your question about the lyrics of Suicide Solution, yes, Bob was asked by the defence to 'explain' his lyrics, and he did.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Troy cheers for clearing that up.... A great big Glasgow Kiss yeah!! when you read some comments you do feel like your talking to deaf ears.
mojopin70
Mass Poster

Post by mojopin70 »

All i ever saw was Ozzy trying to explain " suicide solution" in his own words when the court case was being discussed, and since Bob wrote the lyrics ( apart from wine is fine but whiskeys quicker) that part was bizarrely never mentioned in the video clips or stories about the case....

hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Poor Ozzy didn't remember how it went...
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

mojopin70 wrote:All i ever saw was Ozzy trying to explain " suicide solution" in his own words when the court case was being discussed, and since Bob wrote the lyrics ( apart from wine is fine but whiskeys quicker) that part was bizarrely never mentioned in the video clips or stories about the case....
If I had to take a guess as to why Ozzy and Sharon never pointed to Bob for the lyrics, it'd be:

Sharon wasn't in the picture when the lyrics were written, and Ozzy probably convinced himself long before the court case that he wrote all of the lyrics in one of his drunken stupors.

In a case like that, if I were Bob, I'd probably keep quiet about "who wrote what" until the whole thing died over. I certainly wouldn't run to the newspapers screaming "I wrote the lyrics to that bloody song that that bloke offed himself to!"
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cryptic Night wrote: In a case like that, if I were Bob, I'd probably keep quiet about "who wrote what" until the whole thing died over. I certainly wouldn't run to the newspapers screaming "I wrote the lyrics to that bloody song that that bloke offed himself to!"
Sky has just said what happened with Bob are you reading this....
Sky wrote: In answer to your question about the lyrics of Suicide Solution, yes, Bob was asked by the defence to 'explain' his lyrics, and he did.
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Sky has just said what happened with Bob are you reading this....
I must have missed that part. My bad.