Randy's take on Lee Kerslake

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Re: Randy's take on Lee Kerslake

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Alex wrote:
Wooot?

Seems odd to judge an album based on something that you seem to have only heard in passing.

Personally I'll take Ozzmosis over any other Ozzy album - both lyrically and musically.

For the record, I think Bob Daisley is an ass. Lee Kerslake I have no opinion of. Definitely no god.
Post Randy I think No More Tears is his best album but... I have always found Ozzmosis to be very underrated. Solid album and I love Dean Castronovo (Journey) on drums. He is a beast. I have a live bootleg video of this tour its Dean with Joe Holmes on guitar and Geezer. Dean KILLS this songs live. He was amazing.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
rhoads_forever

Post by rhoads_forever »

I have to say that Lee's a pretty good drummer, anybody who's name is on an Ozzy record can play. I seriously doubt that BOO is gonna play with some hack. As much as people hate Larz and his drumming, I think if your in one of the most influential bands ever, you can play.

Personally I think NRFTW is Ozzy best after Randy. NMT is commercially good but the riffs on Wicked are baddass...
Not to mention Miracle Man's solo reminds me of Randy.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

Alex wrote:
Cryptic Night wrote:I haven't really heard the whole album, but even parts of the song No More Tears seem a little stupid to me. You may think they're pure gold, I don't. We all have our own opinions.
Wooot?

Seems odd to judge an album based on something that you seem to have only heard in passing.

Personally I'll take Ozzmosis over any other Ozzy album - both lyrically and musically.

For the record, I think Bob Daisley is an ass. Lee Kerslake I have no opinion of. Definitely no god.

I've never heard of one instance where Bob would make anyone think he is an ass. I don't blame the guy one bit for speaking out. How would you feel if you wrote the majority of the music and lyrics for someone....help (and i mean MAJORLY) turn them into multi-millionaires...and then they try to shut you completely out of the process and don't give you your due credit?

Ozzmosis is a decent album, i agree. Not as good as No More Tears and not even in the same category as Blizzard and Diary, but a good, solid album. The last good Ozzy album. Everything since has been disgraceful at best.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Maybe you need to be screwed over (by the man) to appreciate where Bob is coming from? I'm not sure where you got that take of Bob (your own dark brain). I haven't read or seen anything that would sway my opinion of Bob. Ozzy on the other hand...
I personally think Bark at the Moon was the closest to what the Ozzy O band was doing since Blizzard and Diary. Remember what the songs were about? End of the world, magic, insanity and tragedy... NMT is okay IMHO but Mama, I'm coming home could of been any country singer in any country band. Mama, I'm coming home? It's a pussy-whipped song for hen-pecked men...
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

hansolo wrote:NMT is okay IMHO but Mama, I'm coming home could of been any country singer in any country band. Mama, I'm coming home? It's a pussy-whipped song for hen-pecked men...
No Bone Movies? For fast-handed men???
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

I personally REALLY like the Ozzy ballads...Road to Nowhere, Time After Time, See You on the Other Side,...

But by far....

The best ballad....

Ozzy ever sang.....

WAS...

Close My Eyes Forever. I FRICKIN LOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!!!
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

And Changes too....
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

People have the right to think Bob is annoying just as they are allowed to dislike Lee's drumming! It seems to me that this thread was created to disagree with those who dislike Lee. Not everyone is going to agree on everything...trying to convert people to the same view point is futile. No matter how many times one says that Lee is an incredible badass drummer, it won't really change anyone's mind. Now that wasn't meant as a jib at anyone, but I think it's time people agree to disagree on this Bob and Lee stuff.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

The lyric, "Mama, I'm coming home" is kinda crawling back with his tail between his legs. It's good but the original band, such a vibe and more interesting journey...
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

No Bone Movies? For fast-handed men???
Am I the only one that got this joke?? :lol:

Nice one!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I dug. I dig. Nice, nice.
LeapFrog

Post by LeapFrog »

Actually, Frankie Benalli wrote the triplet part that showed up on "Over the Mountain." The original L.A. band that Ozzy rehearsed with prior to going back to England was Frankie Benalli on drums, Dana Strum on bass and Randy.