to watch on youtube or not to watch...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Matlike

to watch on youtube or not to watch...

Post by Matlike »

I've waited for 20 years for new Randy footage and now we have it, and I can't afford to get it right yet, but it's all on youtube and I feel like I'm ruining the surprise for myself and feel somewhat bad for watching it all for free before buying it (yes I have a conscience about this stuff, which is very rare in this day and age...) but damn I want to sit and watch that Palladium show, it's driving me nuts....
SLAGER
Cool Member

Re: to watch on youtube or not to watch...

Post by SLAGER »

just watch it, whats the big deal?
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

+ 1
Matlike

Post by Matlike »

SLAGER wrote:just watch it, whats the big deal?
I'll go to hell if I sin... :P
xk319

Post by xk319 »

Watch it, but know (this might be a no duh statement) that it'll be a little less clear on youtube than off a dvd at your home, take that into account.
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Watch it. Then watch it again. You've waited 20 years, watch it. Watch it watch it watch it! The Palladium show is great, but I am in LOVE with the two Diary songs. WOW!!!
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

I am in the same boat as OP really, been a randy fan since 1984 but have never gotten into the whole bootleg thing. Had every intention of buying this from JB hifi (because it's a lot cheaper than online) but now that its out the urge isn't there anymore but don't really want to download it just in case I decide to but it. I have watched OTM and IDK and was blown away by them but it still didn't give me the push to buy the box ( I should say that money isn't a big deal at all..so that isn't stopping me getting it). I just think I am kind of over it now but am still old enough where downloading doesn't seem right :lol: :lol: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

sytharnia wrote:I am in the same boat as OP really, been a randy fan since 1984 but have never gotten into the whole bootleg thing. Had every intention of buying this from JB hifi (because it's a lot cheaper than online) but now that its out the urge isn't there anymore but don't really want to download it just in case I decide to but it. I have watched OTM and IDK and was blown away by them but it still didn't give me the push to buy the box ( I should say that money isn't a big deal at all..so that isn't stopping me getting it). I just think I am kind of over it now but am still old enough where downloading doesn't seem right :lol: :lol: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Viewing a video on YouTube isn't "downloading."

It's also NOT a "bootleg."
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:
sytharnia wrote:I am in the same boat as OP really, been a randy fan since 1984 but have never gotten into the whole bootleg thing. Had every intention of buying this from JB hifi (because it's a lot cheaper than online) but now that its out the urge isn't there anymore but don't really want to download it just in case I decide to but it. I have watched OTM and IDK and was blown away by them but it still didn't give me the push to buy the box ( I should say that money isn't a big deal at all..so that isn't stopping me getting it). I just think I am kind of over it now but am still old enough where downloading doesn't seem right :lol: :lol: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Viewing a video on YouTube isn't "downloading."

It's also NOT a "bootleg."
"I know" to both those comments....what I meant was I have never been one of those fans who collected all the boots that have been around for decades so even though there has been palladium footage around for years I haven't seen anything, same with after hours and all the other stuff on this site....yes I have AH in cableguy quality but I haven't ever really watched it. The new live CD would almost be the first live randy I have heard apart from tribute (I think I have maybe 2 other shows downloaded but again haven't listen to them more than once)...so in theory I should be mega excited about this stuff......but sadly I'm not

the downloading comment was more if I watch it online then what would be the point of buying the box once I have seen the stuff??? to watch it first then buy it I think all the "magic" is gone. I'm one of those guy's that doesn't listen to preview songs online before an album I want is released accept on the odd occasion
randyrulz

Post by randyrulz »

I dont like watching You-Tube, HATE the green line through the video..............
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

I bought it and am 110% satisfied, realizing the magnitude of what it's meant to my life...being a fan and collector for 24 of my 36 years of existence. If you are able to buy it in the next month, I say hold off and wait to watch it in the privacy of your own home on a large screen tv! I'm telling you, it's worth it.......then watch it on YouTube. Lol