Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Hate To Ask This

Post by Tito »

Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

slobberface wrote:Don't know if i'm allowed to say it or not, but the New Mexico footage is up on youtube for anyone who wants to see it...Go find it yourself though

Now that ive seen it, I know I ABSOLUTELY made the right decision in not buying the box set.

Matt
slobberface

Post by slobberface »

Yeah, it sucks not getting to really see Randy much but I still think this footage is pretty incredible stuff....
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

slobberface wrote:Yeah, it sucks not getting to really see Randy much but I still think this footage is pretty incredible stuff....
Oh, don't get me wrong, I like the footage. I'm thankful it exists. But im glad I didn't go out and blow 150 bucks for it. To be honest, it would have been a slap in the face to me to spend all that money just to get the footage only to find out that basically you have some 8mm footage and the songs are incomplete, and then you have some other footage where you barely even see randy. The quality of the footage does not match the price its being sold for. You can buy both cds for $30 bucks. That leaves $120 dollars left over for the other bunch of junk you get in the box set. I'm sure the book is nice. So ill knock off another $25 bucks. That leaves 95 dollars. Even after you deduct the albums you are basically still paying more than $50 bucks for the DVD. Again, im thankful for the footage and glad its out there. But im glad I waited. At the end of the day, the best footage we have of Randy is STILL After Hours.

Matt
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

thats right. After Hours is still....by far.....the best video available. Still. Good thing there's now a nice cleaned up copy. That Albuquerque footage is dreadfully frustrating to try and watch. I'll agree with you. I'm glad i didn't purchase it either.
JohnnyRoxx

Post by JohnnyRoxx »

I personally like the footage but glad I haven't had to spend $150 to see it. This footage was shot about a week after I saw their last NYE gig in LA, California. Brought back some great memories watching this footage. Thanks for posting it. I see Mr. Crowley was posted too.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

That isn't all of it. It also includes the Intro and you see Randy walking out to the front of the stage and look back at tommy waiting on the drum roll and ozzy explode from the chair at the top of the steps.

And the audio on the DVD is much better.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

It was a slight kick in the balls for me (if such a thing exists) not being able to see randy in the solos but i am gonna buy it sooner or later unless i croak it that is, also cheers to whoever posted it, your not a tight fisted goon ect like the rest. Cheers.
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

I'm sorry, but this footage makes me wish Rudy was never born.

COME ON!!!!

He has the WORST stage presence, and OF COURSE during the solo, the camera zooms to him?!?!???

My goodness!!!! WHY??????
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

RUDY was one of the most aggressive bass players at the time(with Steve Harris) and kicked ass and still does.Sure it may look lame now but compared to what was happening in 81-loverboy??? hall and oats-who even noticed the bass player??? He projected to the entire audience and even Ozzy had him told to back off for stealing his stage space.I'm sure becase the sound board and randy's gear were on stage left is why the DOAM footage is by Rudy,but the palladium Rudy was no more famous than randy and the "back up band" so how would the videographer know?? Anyway Rudy is still#1 to me :wink:
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Just watched Over the Mountain video. Like others, I'm happy I didn't spend 150 on this boxset. If they put the DVD out by itself for maybe 30 bucks, I'll grab it. But at this point, for that price, I'm going to wait.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

slobberface wrote:Don't know if i'm allowed to say it or not, but the New Mexico footage is up on youtube for anyone who wants to see it...Go find it yourself though

search quote to find it??
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

WHy RAndy, oh why Randy you werent on Rudy Side.

I agree that its not really worth 150$ but at the same time, i rather seeing that than Sharon not publishing it cuz we dont see to much! But, its still an Ozzy boxset, not a Randy tribute
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

Video wise, it appears we have a Rudy box set! Lol.

Also, I wouldn't put Rudy anywhere near somebody like Steve Harris. For one, Steve Harris is a much better bassist, wrote his own bass lines, wrote most of the tunes, wrote most of the lyrics.

Rudy has NO style or sound. I've never heard anyone in my entire life say, "hey, play a baseline similar to Rudy Sarzo", or "hey, this bassist is great - he sounds just like Rudy Sarzo."

The guy played bad versions of Bob's bass lines, and had an incredibly weird stage vibe. Imagine sitting in front of his side of the stage the whole time?? I'd want to poke my eyes out.
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

where is mr crowley video?