Ozzy Osbourne Re-Issue Sneak Peak [AUDIO]

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

slobberface

Re: Ozzy Osbourne Re-Issue Sneak Peak [AUDIO]

Post by slobberface »

I never got why they even put the GTR vocal and guitar mix in there, seems pretty pointless to me - it's not like it's a different version that Ozz and Randy were doing, just the 2 of them; it's the same thing we've all heard a million times, simply without drums and bass :| ...Flying High sounds terrific though, definitely excited to see what the rest of the live CD has in store...
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

TheMrAxeman wrote:
Jazznroll wrote:I cant hear the damn thing for some reason, could some one stick it on youtube please. Thanks
NO!!!!!!!
but you can download it here -----> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S16ZIUXS
:D
I really appreciate you putting it up and as quick as you have so thanks but the damn laptop of mine is a pain in the arse it aint lettin me do much lately so im gonna have to get a new one after the boxset arrives (more saving pennies), i dont mind waitin two more weeks if its good, Cheers.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

slobberface wrote:I never got why they even put the GTR vocal and guitar mix in there, seems pretty pointless to me - it's not like it's a different version that Ozz and Randy were doing, just the 2 of them; it's the same thing we've all heard a million times, simply without drums and bass ...

are you honestly saying that it doesn't have a different feel to it? its not ground breaking.. but it does have a new energy. its better than not having it at all.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

i liked both tracks loads- love the mastering work, they sounded great. thanks for sharing, looking forward to the new release stuff- hoping it isnt just montreal, though!
slobberface

Post by slobberface »

All i'm saying is that I just don't really see the point in releasing a guitar/vocal track if it's simply just the master track with the drums and bass taken out.. It does give it a bit of a new energy I suppose, and the remaster sounds good - not denying any of that, nor am I complaining that it's on there, it just seems kind of weird to me that they would do that...If you like it then fantastic, but IMO it almost seems that they just threw that in there as a way to help fill up the "bonus tracks" list
scooterh67

Post by scooterh67 »

I loved hearing that! Goodbye To Romance is simply beautiful!! I can't wait to get this box set!!

Thanks P C M for posting the link.

Scott
Mozart82

Post by Mozart82 »

Hey it's cool to hear a clear mix of Flyin High from the Montreal especially because flyin High always sounds muddy on the montreal bootleg or funky. You get the vibe on ozzy's vocals from the actual sound of the tour as well, pretty cool. Like a lot of other people, I hope the live cd is from various shows though.The guitar on Flyin' High from Montreal is a little less alive compared to Cleavland. ( not as many awesome fills) I'm excited something is coming out though... Also hoping there are some surprizes in the Ozzy Movie :) Goodbye To Romance has a cool vibe... I'll take what I can get...with the footage 8)
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Thanks for the share, enjoyed FHA, that's some good stuff right there 8) . GTR was...unique. I'm a bass player and that's probably my number one in terms of Bob's work with Randy. I suppose it's neat to hear just the two of them, though.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Excellent! Can you imagine hearing tonight or YCKRR. Randys playing is beautiful.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

slobberface wrote: but IMO it almost seems that they just threw that in there as a way to help fill up the "bonus tracks" list
I do agree with that.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

I agree that they wanted to fill the bonus part up but I love the naked guitar tracks so I happy with it.
chasmcneal

Post by chasmcneal »

Yeah- there's no denying that GTR is just bonus track filler- in fact, I'll take it a step farther and allow that it may be some more intentional crapping on Daisley and Kerslake by removing them from something they wrote, again, in a release that was supposed that restore them to some degree- but its still a cool listen to me, kind of like the isolated tracks from guitar hero were when those bubbled up.
richemms

Post by richemms »

LOVE IT! Great mixes!

GTR gets my thumbs up of approval, you can hear Randy's playing SOOOO clear. Before the drums and bass were blotting out the classical guitar in the b/ground - and now this is super clear.

The live track is raw and great too.

Can't wait until the 31st! Taking a whole day off work! I've even asked the local cinema if I can use its digital projector to watch the live show. All I have to do is sweet talk the manager with some Green Lantern comics!!
AndrewT1976
Madman

Post by AndrewT1976 »

I agree. It's definitely cool to have new randy stuff.

However, I'm afraid this box set is turning out to be comprised mostly of material that we already have.

The GTR re-mix is the same as the LP version (without the drums and bass). The live version of "Flying High Again" is from a really popular bootleg show.

Of course, Diary and Blizzard are just re-mastered.

So, the $150 is virtually for the Palladium footage, and the un-released extended guitar solo, and the DVD.

I guess it's still great to have new Randy stuff, but I really wish they would have focused on the unreleased stuff first a foremost.

Maybe this release will give a sense of urgency to Bob (in hopes that he will release his "Grail" tapes).
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

I don't normally go on special editions and while I'm not really interested in the CD reissues i would love to get the box set on account of the footage and vinyl. Its a shame that they're not releasing the footage separately. Also it seems very hard to acquire all of this stuff in the UK!? The box set in particular I've only seen on an obscure site (possibly linked to Ozzy's site).

Either way £120 is about £100 more than i can afford at the moment. So regrettably I'm out :|

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk