Here you go FOLKS!!! The Diary footage is from.....

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Here you go FOLKS!!! The Diary footage is from.....

Post by axeman_12656 »

The Diary footage is:.... drum role please...
January 7th - Tingley Coliseum, Albuquerque, NM

Below is what i was told from WIZARD OF OZZ who is the admin at the Ozzfest website.. His word is gold.

The Blizzard Tour footage is from the Palladium in NY. Ozzy played two shows that day (his 1st time in NY as a solo artist) and this is the matinee show so it is the very 1st time Ozzy played NY solo.

The Diary footage is from Albuquerque, New Mexico.

I hope that helps for now. There will be lots of bits from/about the boxset posted on Ozzy's Facebook/Twitter/Ozzy.com starting next week leading all the way into the box's release. You can pre-order the box now and it has shipping included in the price!
Live Life Stronger Than Death
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Re: Here you go FOLKS!!! The Diary footage is from.....

Post by GuitarJoe »

WOW!!! Now we know. Thanks for posting that info here, can't wait to see it!!
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Quick question: is there any known bootlegs from that show?
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Good work Axeman! 'Diary' even in rehearsal (ET etc) is awesome, but to see em do it in front of a crowd-bring it on!!!

GuitarJoe-you may wanna check the audio section :wink:
Last edited by Gus on Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

I havne't listened to my bootlegs in many many years... but i did a google search and a bootleg for that show was the first thing that poped up on the images. :) im excited to hear what everyone has to say about that show. I am glad to know its from 1 gig. hoping its at least a few songs uncut. THIS DEF PUTS TO REST THE THEORY THAT IT IS BITS AND PEICES FROM MULTIPLE DIARY SHOWS. cant wait to hear what everyone has to say.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Nice one cheers.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I wouldn't go thinking this is a whole diary gig. If this was 30 minutes plus live show i think they would of plugged this as much as the Palladium footage. Remember non of the diary footage was seen at the memorial so it could still be just a couple of tracks at the most. But good work axeman and we now know what gig this is from. So it will have audio, if a bootleg is available for this show ?. Excellent.... Party On!!!!
dinomite
Cool Member

Post by dinomite »

Excellent News!!! Thanks for letting us know!

A recording from this show does exist as I have a 1st Gen recording of it.

Also can't wait to see the updates Ozzy's Facebook and website are going to have...
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

yeah... i don't think its anywhere near a full show.. Like i said above.. i just hope its at least a couple of complete songs.
ACELUEK

Post by ACELUEK »

Nice!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

If they only have 30 minutes from the palladium show they may make up the missing songs from the setlist with what is available from the diary show.
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

70 minutes of footage and interviews. I'm hoping we get 4 songs out of the Diary footage. I don't get why everyone keeps thinking After Hours will be included. If we base it off the trailer, then 'Speak of the Devil" Irvine, CA would be included too. I think the AH and SOTD footage were included because they represent a full spectrum of that era.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

axeman_12656 wrote:The Diary footage is:.... drum role please...

Below is what i was told from WIZARD OF OZZ who is the admin at the Ozzfest website.. His word is gold.

The Blizzard Tour footage is from the Palladium in NY. Ozzy played two shows that day (his 1st time in NY as a solo artist) and this is the matinee show so it is the very 1st time Ozzy played NY solo.

I hope that helps for now. There will be lots of bits from/about the boxset posted on Ozzy's Facebook/Twitter/Ozzy.com starting next week leading all the way into the box's release. You can pre-order the box now and it has shipping included in the price!
Thnx Axeman! 8)
Haven't heard a boot from that Albuquerque gig yet.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
axeman_12656 wrote:The Diary footage is:.... drum role please...

Thnx Axeman! 8)
Haven't heard a boot from that Albuquerque gig yet.

There is one on here in the audio section, I also found one that is 1st gen supposedly and its about 200mb. Sounds really good actually, with some mixing it could be one of the much better boots we have.

EDIT WOW!

I just compared the one i found to the one here in the audio section, it is a million times better and is longer with the intro and everything... Again with some touch up this NM show could sound as good as the 1/15 1/22 , 1/24, 2/9 shows we have!
dmnjr
Cool Member

Post by dmnjr »

I just compared the one i found to the one here in the audio section, it is a million times better and is longer with the intro and everything... Again with some touch up this NM show could sound as good as the 1/15 1/22 , 1/24, 2/9 shows we have!
Awesome! Do some magic!!