Blizzard DVD trailer

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Axian
Cool Member

Re: Blizzard DVD trailer

Post by Axian »

Guys u know the bit in the footage where ozzy is wearing his "after hours gear" and ozzy has got randy with the pdv next to him. Is this whats possibly the 30 mins footage because its as good as pro shot and looks amazing!!!
Last edited by Axian on Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Wow. What else can one say. Just wow.

PLEASE let this just be straight footage, dont just talk over clips!! Bring it on. This is what Ive wanted to see since the 80s. I new something like this had to exist.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

whoopiecat wrote:As far as putting out quality stuff, I'd have to say the Prince of Darkness box was a missed opportunity, (DMX and Miss Piggy?), and now needs to be rebooted, as five of the nine Rhoads-era songs are bastards.
Yeah that did have some crap on it and it was well over priced. Glad i got mine for £7 on ebay :wink:
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Yes, Axemeister, that is the Palladium footage that folks had seen at the memorial on Saturday.
Frank Santa Cruz saw it himself and commented over at TK, and Shaun quoted that earlier in this thread, (pg 5).
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

That very, very quick shot at 1:26 looks like Steal Away The Night, based on the tempo of Ozzy's swaying. I cant freaking wait for this.

There are at least 2 CONFIRMED new vids based on this footage - that Diary footage looks AMAZING. Bring it on, Osbournes! Let us have it!
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

whoopiecat wrote:Yes, Axemeister, that is the Palladium footage that folks had seen at the memorial on Saturday.
Frank Santa Cruz saw it himself and commented over at TK, and Shaun quoted that earlier in this thread, (pg 5).
Well thats just great news.
metalrockx

Post by metalrockx »

So far I didn't succeed in watching this trailer.
But as far as I read, I'm surprised that footage of Black Sabbath and Brad Gillis was used on the dvd!
This is proof that this is not just another tribute to Randy, but a highlight in Ozzy's carreer...

I hope that this quality footage is not used to upgrade Randy's footage!

Also, why did they use live music from the Mr. Crowley EP (Southampton), instead of including this show on cd?
What a waste!
I hope it's used for a photograph section, or the dvdmenu, not overdubbing the audio of a liverecording!

So, up for the long trailer now?
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:I'm curious as to why the Irvine Meadows footage is even a part of this, unless it's just for the trailer. I understand it's technically still the Diary tour, but a time they also want to forget, as the only album from that lineup has been deleted.
It just seems out of place in this particular collection.
I would think that everything that was seen in the trailer will be used in the dvd's. Like i said previous, i think that when $haron made her original announcement about the Live shows. She did say that they needed to be put together. I.E sound made better and edited to make them decent enough to see the full tune. So the shots of Ozzy used from the Irvine Meadows gig are there to make up for poor images or the camera going away from the stage. Plus the only other Diary footage they have is ET and the Irvine Meadows material. So it makes sense as to why they have been used. As we have only seen a few seconds of what could be a possible full show. I think we are going to get an excellent package as Ozzy always comes up trumps and puts a good quality product out. 'Apart from those bastardised albums get them in the bin'.

Yeah. Looks like a lot of the live clips they talked about showing during the doc and interviews will be Irvine Meadows clips (remember...this is NOT a Randy release...this is a release for Ozzy..) and possibly some After Hours shots as well.
metalrockx

Post by metalrockx »

It's very unusual that this deluxe box is only available in Ozzy's shop (Sony or related) and not at Amazon.com.
Also this is a USA only edition, because there is no Europe, Japan release at this moment.
Normally this will change in a few weeks...

I don't see the benefit this being an American exclusive, or will there be a different version for Europe, Japan?
Don't think so. They will probably save the other bonustracks, Southampton for a later release...
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

metalrockx wrote:So far I didn't succeed in watching this trailer.
But as far as I read, I'm surprised that footage of Black Sabbath and Brad Gillis was used on the dvd!
This is proof that this is not just another tribute to Randy, but a highlight in Ozzy's carreer...

Also, why did they use live music from the Mr. Crowley EP (Southampton), instead of including this show on cd?
What a waste!
I hope it's used for a photograph section, or the dvdmenu, not overdubbing the audio of a liverecording!

I think it was to fill up the shot. I think maybe that footage will be included in the documentary. I mean they might be only a snippet of the randy footage but if you add in the pro shot with brad gillis you fill up the shot more. Plus I havent pre ordered it yet, im kind of hoping it will be somewhere like amazon uk which makes it much more easier to post and obviously less tax.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Axemeister wrote:
metalrockx wrote:So far I didn't succeed in watching this trailer.

What a waste!

I think it was to fill up the shot. I think maybe that footage will be included in the documentary. I mean they might be only a snippet of the randy footage but if you add in the pro shot with brad gillis you fill up the shot more. Plus I havent pre ordered it yet, im kind of hoping it will be somewhere like amazon uk which makes it much more easier to post and obviously less tax.
You don't know if they will use some of the footage as a video montage. Playing a track like Crazy Train with the old video footage lapsing into Live material. I'd be pissed to see the Live tunes used just in snippets with the interviews and dialogue over the top. It's got to be done as a track by track on each album like the classic album series. Which i hope is not where the Live footage of the songs will be used. Like they mentioned 70 mins of unseen Ozzy & RR footage in its entirety. Thank you.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Axemeister wrote:Guys u know the bit in the footage where ozzy is wearing his "after hours gear" and ozzy has got randy with the pdv next to him. Is this whats possibly the 30 mins footage because its as good as pro shot and looks amazing!!!
I'm thinking it could be a possible mix of the After Hours, Diary Live unseen footage with ET and Irvine Meadows. Then the NY Palladium '81 footage. Alot will depend on how they have decided to use the footage. Will it be used as film for each track as the albums are discussed ?. The mentionedLive footage was said to be 70 mins long with the original dvd, talking about the albums with the other seen people Nikki Sixx Lemmy etc. That disc was said to be 60 mins long.
GuitarJoe
Cool Member

Post by GuitarJoe »

Guys I wouldn't stress too much about the whole "over dubbed audio from South Hampton onto NY video" thing...because if you notice when they show the After Hours clip of Suicide Solution they still use the same audio (South Hampton) and we all know that the masters of After Hours are about as well recorded audio wise as anything live from the Randy era. I bet they were using the audio only to make the trailer, and HOPEFULLY will show full uninterrupted songs with audio & video matching.

I was a bit bummed about not having the extended versions of "Tonight" & "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll" but after seeing this footage there's no doubt - I'll fork over the cash.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

GuitarJoe wrote:Guys I wouldn't stress too much about the whole "over dubbed audio from South Hampton onto NY video" thing...because if you notice when they show the After Hours clip of Suicide Solution they still use the same audio (South Hampton) and we all know that the masters of After Hours are about as well recorded audio wise as anything live from the Randy era. I bet they were using the audio only to make the trailer, and HOPEFULLY will show full uninterrupted songs with audio & video matching.

I was a bit bummed about not having the extended versions of "Tonight" & "You Can't Kill Rock n Roll" but after seeing this footage there's no doubt - I'll fork over the cash.

The thing is, we never really know what theyre gonna do. After cooling off for a while (since, this morning, when I first saw this, I freaked out like the rest of ya Im sure) and looking at it more logically, I think that unfortunately if they dont have the original audio, it just might be the video footage playing while people talk about how awesome Randy was. Trailers are so often misleading that, now that Im calm, Im thinking theres a strong possibility we arent getting straight on footage of a concert, just a good amount of footage mixed in with a bunch of other stuff.

HOWEVER, what it does tell me, regardless, is that at least 2 previously unknown films of Rhoads exist. Even if this video isnt everything we hope for, at least we now know that these 2 films exist and theres a good chance we will eventually get to see them in their entirety. I think that, more than anything, is what has me so pumped up. That '82 footage......WOW!! :shock:
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

I'm at work, have a meeting after and won't be home until 10:00 or later and it's blocked here. Can someone please in the name of all that is holy, send me a mp4 of this? mpavlic@yahoo.com