Well heres what we've been waiting for...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

halo8th
Cool Member

Re: Well heres what we've been waiting for...

Post by halo8th »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:Youtube link for same segment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ka8p0VC8jw
Damn... that vid stops just too quick.... Hope someone who seen it on that Ipad can jump in here. :) The footage won't be garbage, they never would release qualtiy like the crappy Palladium footage we have now. I'm not worried about that.
•"Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD Documentary, plus over 70 mins of additional rare live performances and interviews
Of course there are different ways to interpret the sentence "plus over 70 mins of additional rare live performances and interviews", we can't say for sure how it's meant:
-70 minutes continuous footage and then some additional interviews?
-over 70 minutes with interviews and footage mixed up?

I'm listening to the Palladium 2nd show right now, the complete show lasts 69:43 minutes. (say 70 minutes....)

they already said the Palladium footage is 30 minutes.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

"the video isn't as good as the audio". And the audio is obviously bootleg. Damnit. I was hoping for better quality and too bad it wasn't shot from the right side.
Oh well. I'll take anything at this point.
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Keep in mind, guys, Zakk said he was blown away by this. I dont think it's gonna be crap quality. Zakk's seen everything we have. He said it was good stuff. Even if it's not good quality, any new footage of Randy is good period - Id rather have the audio quality there.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Bottom Line... it's gonna be good to great quality or it would not be receiving a release, period.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
chilinvilin
Cool Member

Post by chilinvilin »

axeman_12656 wrote:Bottom Line... it's gonna be good to great quality or it would not be receiving a release, period.
Yah you keep telling yourself that... it will make it easier to fork out the cash...
Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

Zakk made these two tweets back-to-back in 2009:

"Blanco saw some of The RANDY FOOTAGE..... Very cool.... Tommy n Rudy on Bass n Drums.... small stage no Castle set... almost looks like"

"Rehersal but it's a live Gig.... Sound Quality is Very clean.... For All us RANDY FREAKS ITS SLAMMIN!!! tSDMFt"

Unless there was a later comment that I didn't see, it sounds like Zakk was saying a guy named Blanco had seen the footage and had described it to him. Zakk then passed this news on to us. This was instantly interpreted as Zakk having seen the footage, but that's not what he said. He said, "Blanco saw some of The RANDY FOOTAGE," not "I saw some of The RANDY FOOTAGE."

At any rate, I'm glad we've got independent confirmation that it's not the old blurry Palladium 8mm film footage. Anything new is good at this point, really, even if the quality is not ideal. Can't fucking wait to see it.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

halo8th wrote:
whoopiecat wrote:Youtube link for same segment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ka8p0VC8jw
Damn... that vid stops just too quick.... Hope someone who seen it on that Ipad can jump in here. :) The footage won't be garbage, they never would release qualtiy like the crappy Palladium footage we have now. I'm not worried about that.
•"Thirty Years After The Blizzard" DVD Documentary, plus over 70 mins of additional rare live performances and interviews
Of course there are different ways to interpret the sentence "plus over 70 mins of additional rare live performances and interviews", we can't say for sure how it's meant:
-70 minutes continuous footage and then some additional interviews?
-over 70 minutes with interviews and footage mixed up?

I'm listening to the Palladium 2nd show right now, the complete show lasts 69:43 minutes. (say 70 minutes....)

they already said the Palladium footage is 30 minutes.
Where did you read that?
I remember someone saying 'more than 30 min', not sure though.
And 70 minutes is more than 30 minutes, right? :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

axeman_12656 wrote:Bottom Line... it's gonna be good to great quality or it would not be receiving a release, period.

not necessarily, partner.

I'm a bit disappointed to hear that the vid was shot from the othe side of the stage and that its not even as good as the audio, but i'm still looking much forward to seeing it.
One disappointment in all of this that no one is mentioning is that if this is what they're releasing, all those hopes and dreams of a "magical" Diary pro-shot concert somewhere in the vaults will never happen (even though i understand it was only a pipe dream.......still it was a dream).
Probably not going to comment much more on this...the fact is that NO ONE here has any idea of how good or how bad it is. We'll have to wait for a further press release or a trailer.
funk49

Post by funk49 »

I ordered the box set yesterday and can,t wait to get it. I believe most of the Palladium show will be on the disk with a few snippets of a Diary show or two to wet everyone's appetite for a diary pro shot video to be released at a future date. This won't be the end of Randy releases.
Funk :D
FUNK49
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

funk49 wrote:This won't be the end of Randy releases.
That's the feeling I get too after the original box set info was pulled and later changed, with a few items now gone. It's as if they decided to hold onto some goodies for a later date, and hopefully to add to other goodies, possibly for the 30th anniversary of Randy's death next year?
Ric

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

+1
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

+1
I ama sure that 'Ozzy & Co' will be looking through all they have woth a view to capitalising on it over many years! Ozzy is getting old and he won't be able to record or tour forever!
What better way to make his income keep on rolling than to release outtakes, demo's, live shows, unreleased tracks etc! in a stream over many years?
After all he has an archive of Jake E Lee to draw on as well so these releases could go on for another decade.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:
+1
I ama sure that 'Ozzy & Co' will be looking through all they have woth a view to capitalising on it over many years! Ozzy is getting old and he won't be able to record or tour forever!
What better way to make his income keep on rolling than to release outtakes, demo's, live shows, unreleased tracks etc! in a stream over many years?
After all he has an archive of Jake E Lee to draw on as well so these releases could go on for another decade.
Yeah Ian, good point, they will have shit loads of stuff from all the Ozzy bands Black Sabbath etc...I think we are just greedy we hear about footage etc and we want it, no questions asked. I still think they'll do something special for Randy's 30th anniversary. If they can wet our appetites with a few cuts from the Live material. We at least know they have something to offer us. It's just a pain in the arse when they leak out info and we get so little back. I've always said if they had anything better then 'After Hours' i think we would of seen it before now. Since the O$bourne's have seen the Randy docu PM was making i think it has giving them the incentive to release something. I just hope this box set is available in the UK.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I seen this posted up over at TK by 'OffTheScales' very interesting....!!!!

GUYS at the memorial i saw new footage full concert of the palladium shot by some college film crew. I met a guy who says this film is coming out when the box set comes out in may! this is so good for all randy fans!!!
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I seen this posted up over at TK by 'OffTheScales' very interesting....!!!!

GUYS at the memorial i saw new footage full concert of the palladium shot by some college film crew. I met a guy who says this film is coming out when the box set comes out in may! this is so good for all randy fans!!!

So is this in addition to the material being released in the box set?