Randy's Moon

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Whipper
Cool Member

Randy's Moon

Post by Whipper »

As you may know, yesterday was also a "supermoon", an event that happens every 18 years when the moon is at it's closest distance from the earth, and appears about 15% bigger and 20% brighter. My wife and I thought it would make for a most memorable RR memorial if we hiked up a good size hill with a bottle of the RR Tribute wine and crack it open and pour a glass and toast to Randy as it appeared. It was fun hiking back down in the dark after, falling through snow up to our knees in places.

Then we grilled up some steak to have with the rest of the bottle, while watching the After Hours and Quiet Riot '79 footage, and then listened to Tribute while going through a slideshow of Slingblades' awesome photo collection I had downloaded. I also played a severely bastardized version of Mr. Crowley for the wife on the PDV. :oops: She hadn't heard the PDV through the amp yet, or heard me attempt that song before, so she still thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ric

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: Randy's Moon

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Ric you have so much heart and soul, what a lovely thing to do. I loved looking out into the street and seeing how bright it wasx

The first app I got on my iphone was the space app which shows me live what is going on in the solar system and our sky!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

Beautiful story and pictures. Thanks.
funk49

Post by funk49 »

Really cool thing to do bro, cool pictures to.
Funk
FUNK49
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Thanks guys, it certainly made for a night we'll always fondly remember.

Those apps sound really cool Matt! I work at a science museum, so we're always kept informed by the staff scientists of every little event coming up. :)
Ric