New Randy Rhoads monthly guitar column

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

classicalmetal

Re: New Randy Rhoads monthly guitar column

Post by classicalmetal »

I'll also be doing a monthly article in Troy's magazine based on the Rhythm side of Troy's books so if you have any questions about rhythm guitar technique please let me know! You contact me by going to rock-lessons.com and send me a message. I won't be able to answer every question but you will help with creating good topics and maybe your question will end up being answered in the end! Great Magazine by the way. Jimmy's article is very good!
HuntsAnnexStudios

Post by HuntsAnnexStudios »

If you didn't figure it out already ClassicalMetal must be none other than Don Parkhurst!,... who wrote a GREAT article! Don, I'll be emailing you directly later this weekend to say 'hello'.

RR-ElectricAngel - Private property issue. I was thinking the same thing you are,... it would have to be on the nearest public highway,... envisioning a sign which might read: Randy Rhoads Memorial Mile,... or something along those lines. Highway 44 runs directly west towards F.B.E.A. and then turns sharply north at Casteen Rd - which is the road which takes you to the airfield if you continue west and south. So, I am thinking along highway 44 itself, running 1/2 mile north & 1/2 mile south of where Casteen comes into highway 44, as it curves away from F.B.E.A. area, that seems as reasonably close, just North and East of the airfield. Google map this address to see where I am looking 2918 south st LEESBURG, FL 34748

Anyone else have any thoughts? - Jimmy
Best Deals on Jackson Guitars to UR MEMBERS [url]www.HuntsMusic.com[/url]

RANDY RHOADS-style guitar lessons with Jimmy Kane, details at [url]http://www.huntsmusic.com/WEBCAM-LESSONS.html[/url]
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

HuntsAnnexStudios wrote:If you didn't figure it out already ClassicalMetal must be none other than Don Parkhurst!,... who wrote a GREAT article!
I remember his responses in a thread here at UR for "I want to learn how to play guitar..help?". My first thought was "Holy crap this guy is smart!" :D

Here is where the proposed Memorial Site would be in relation to Flying Baron Estates (where C = Crash Site and M = Memorial) and a street view of the proposed Memorial Site.
Attachments
Randy Rhoads Memorial.jpg
2918 South Street.jpg
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
HuntsAnnexStudios

Yes, that is about as close to the site of the accident as I can figure out while still being on a public highway. So is anybody interested in trying to establish a "Randy Rhoads Memorial Highway" sign, by doing the 'adopt a highway' program?

RANDY RHOADS-style guitar lessons with Jimmy Kane, details at [url]http://www.huntsmusic.com/WEBCAM-LESSONS.html[/url]
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

I think it would be awesome, and I'm willing to pitch in!!

I'm not 100% sure how it works, but it sounds like the deal is you either have to maintain it yourself by cleaning the garbage from the ditches 3-4 times a year, or else you have to pay a professional service to do it. If I lived there, I would be more than happy to maintain it! But it wouldn't be fair to just leave it up to the members here that live nearby (if there are any?) to clean it, so it would need to be the latter option. Not sure what the cost would be on that though.

It would be great if someone in Florida could look into this! I'd hate to see another good idea die...
Ric

26bond

Post by 26bond »

Count me in with my share too. :wink:
DEStiny

Post by DEStiny »

Hey Jimmy, I just got around to working on your column for October's magazine and I am impressed! I've seen hundreds of "Randy Rhoads Style" lessons and they all like to say, "He used diminished scales," or "Randy liked to incorporate the Dorian mode..." but they almost never explain how to apply that information.

Your October column explained the application of the diminished idea brilliantly! I look forward to applying it to my own playing and I look forward to November's lesson.

Keep up the good work.
HuntsAnnexStudios

Is there anyone on the site who lives near the area, and would be willing to act as administrator, talk to the local highway department, find out the details and so forth?

HuntsAnnexStudios

DEStiny wrote:Keep up the good work.
Thanks Des, I really appreciate the feedback. NOV was mailed out yesterday, so I hope you and everyone else got it.