Whats your favourite piece of Randy memorabilia

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Whats your favourite piece of Randy memorabilia

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Everyone collects bits and pieces of Randy items from Bootlegs to posters tour books to ticket stubs ect.Whats your favourite and why...i have quite a few items i'll have to decide on one :idea: me thinks :idea: :idea:
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

This is a hard one to be honest. Every piece is always worth something in my opinion. Possibly the original vinyls, they are the only piece i can almost gurantee were around at the time, or for a short time after.
AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

This is close to my single favorite RR item... :D

And more special to me because I made it with a professional leather dude who customized the studs to every detail. 8)

Custum made Diary vest, got as close as I could. :D

I looked months for a vest close enough to Randy's, and then I bought the studs, (very close to Randy's), and paid a pro leather shop for customization.

And I like my RR guitars, LOL ... :lol:
Randy Rhoads Rules.
funk49

Post by funk49 »

Mine favorite pieces are my original backstage passes from both the Blizzard and Diary North American tours that have taken me a few years to collect.
FUNK49
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

gaww, erm, hummm :lol:. I think it has to be my vinyls as well. They are just something amazing, never to lose!
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

I've got several things over the years...the vinyl studio albums of course, plus several posters, my favorite is the "sayonara" poster from 1985, a few bootlegs on vinyl (all sound lousy)..... the E.P. w/ "You Said It All". A bunch of buttons with Randy's image on them. The blue and white jacket patch "RANDY RHOADS" which I've never mounted on anything...it's in a frame. My most prized possession is Randy's autograph which I got in 1981..... :wink:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Xanadu wrote:My most prized possession is Randy's autograph which I got in 1981..... :wink:
Diamond

also this is GUITARIDOLS collection of ticket stubs

AlienSatch

Post by AlienSatch »

You :lol: PROBABLY :lol: didn't notice but.... :roll:
My vest is a little bigger than Randy's original vest...

LOL ....

Satchie 8)
Randy Rhoads Rules.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Xanadu wrote:I've got several things over the years...the vinyl studio albums of course, plus several posters, my favorite is the "sayonara" poster from 1985, a few bootlegs on vinyl (all sound lousy)..... the E.P. w/ "You Said It All". A bunch of buttons with Randy's image on them. The blue and white jacket patch "RANDY RHOADS" which I've never mounted on anything...it's in a frame. My most prized possession is Randy's autograph which I got in 1981..... :wink:
Xanadu What do you have Randy's signature on ?? Anychance of posting this up for us to see.If its no problem could you put up how you met Randy etc Cheers :lol:
skullband13

Post by skullband13 »

My favorite would be a backstage pass that was supposed to be for Rochester,N.Y 1982.Also a recording of private home guitar lessons that Randy did in 1978.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

skullband13 wrote:My favorite would be a backstage pass that was supposed to be for Rochester,N.Y 1982.Also a recording of private home guitar lessons that Randy did in 1978.
That would have been a Randy show but the 82 show was after he died with Bernie Torme on guitar. Whats the date on it I guess it's April 1982.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

skullband13 wrote:My favorite would be a backstage pass that was supposed to be for Rochester,N.Y 1982.Also a recording of private home guitar lessons that Randy did in 1978.
Hi skullband, How did you get the pass were you on the guest list ?? Or on the crew?? Anychance of your account of the concert.Could you possibley post the pass up on the site so we can all see this..I've got a cool collection of Blizzard ticket stubs from the 1980/81 UK gigs.I'll post them up shortly.Cheers GUITARIDOL5682
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi skullband, How did you get the pass were you on the guest list ?? Or on the crew?? Any chance of your account of the concert.Could you possibley post the pass up on the site so we can all see this..I've got a cool collection of Blizzard ticket stubs from the 1980/81 UK gigs.I'll post them up shortly.Cheers GUITARIDOL5682
Randy Magic
Friend of Randy

Post by Randy Magic »

Interesting question...

Other than family photos which are priceless to me, I'd say the autograph he gave me (see the "a story" thread), or the bottle of cologne I have that belonged to him - Kingsmen, andaman citrus cologne.

My former favorites that were stolen from my family - please contact me if you see them: 1) a QR "1976 world tour" jersey shirt that belonged to Randy, and that my grandfather financed; 2) a QRII LP signed by Randy to my family ("to Dave, Mary, Dan, Tom, Julie, and Gary...Love Randy"); I also lost the first QR single and the original QR EP.

Gary
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Gary, I feel so sad for you. That shirt is something that should be kept with your heart and was stolen, guitaridol has lots of memorabilia himself and will say that its something to keep close. i feel for you, as i do for Kevin and the loss of his footage. I hope you all get reunited with it some day!