Not GOOD News on the rereleased Blizzard & Diary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Not GOOD News on the rereleased Blizzard & Diary

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

If it was only that simple... Bob has had to eat a shit load of humble pie with Ozzy. He's been lured back to write for him and if it wasn't for him i think alot of Ozzy albums would of been shit. All they ever wanted to do was make good records and they ended up being removed from 2 of the best Rock Metal classic albums ever.
We'll we don't know whats going on, because as normal we are left in the dark to fucking speculate. As far as the Live footage goes that could be a wrangle over songs with who wrote what etc. Remember when this is released it does have to go through the proper channels. Look how Bob asked PM about using the original music with him and Lee on. It might not make much sense to the film makers. But it does when your promoting a product and you ain't even on it.
Did someone mention that the Rhoads are not even aware of this being released. It just goes to show you and the buying public all the bullshit that goes on. I'm sure if it was my son who was due payment after his death i would want it, and in full.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: We cannot just get all pissed off because us Randy fans are not getting our cake.
Very true. Among some we have a reputation for bitching about everything on this board. But, all things considered, if you dangle a carrot...

I think I've seen a whole vegetable patch in the last couple of years :lol:

Since the day Randy died there has been talk of different releases, even 'Speak of the Devil' was originally intended as a Randy tribute pack. But everything gets pulled :roll: The parties involved should just sort things out in private, instead of dipping their toes in the water and wasting everyones time (including their own), not to mention money.

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

RRhoadsTribute wrote:I have given up, we have all we ever will of Randy. We will never have any more studio songs, and especially footage. Never.
Thats the best attitude to be honest, i never bother getting riled up about new material these days.

And on that low note, welcome to the forum :D

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

patience? its been THIRTY *****-ing years.

At some point, you even have to start questioning family (if in fact they keep putting breaks on stuff). Documentaries, live footage mastered, etc all contributes to his legacy.
I'm starting to realize they aren't doing anything really to fulfill any legacy whatsoever. You have to get some things out there while fans are still around.
Does everyone really want Randy fans to be 60 and over (or worse yet, dead...) ? Is this the way to keep his legacy going? If anything, parties involved, Osbournes, families, etc are suffocating his legacy. Big time.
I'd like to see everyone step up "together" and start making things happen. This means you, Osbournes, former bandmates, family, etc. Unbelievable, this is getting to be a real headshaker.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

That is indeed an awesome motto to adopt, Phineas! :lol: ...and Jazz, that was beautiful: for a situation so pitifully ridiculous, a new word needed to be created, (assuming I'm on the right track there?). :D

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

halo8th wrote:patience? its been THIRTY *****-ing years.

At some point, you even have to start questioning family (if in fact they keep putting breaks on stuff). Documentaries, live footage mastered, etc all contributes to his legacy.
I'm starting to realize they aren't doing anything really to fulfill any legacy whatsoever. You have to get some things out there while fans are still around.
Does everyone really want Randy fans to be 60 and over (or worse yet, dead...) ? Is this the way to keep his legacy going? If anything, parties involved, Osbournes, families, etc are suffocating his legacy. Big time.
I'd like to see everyone step up "together" and start making things happen. This means you, Osbournes, former bandmates, family, etc. Unbelievable, this is getting to be a real headshaker.
+1
I couldn't say it any better...
They all (including the Rhoads) screw up big time, for decades already......
This is not personally meant, I'm sure they are fine, nice people, but as far it concerns Randy's legacy, they do a terrible job imo. Still... maybe that's how they want it? If so, one have to respect that too, as hard it us to us fans..... The Rhoads, the O's etc, they don't owe us anything. And we not to them either. If they don't want stuff comming out, then we won't see it, period. And yes they 'suffocate' someone's legacy....
What bugs me the most is they all say "we don't know anything", we are not stupid right? :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

What are you guys talking about? They preserve his legacy, we're geting a wine! Oh and don't forget about a guitar that costs around 3 months of mortgage payments.
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I'm sure if it was my son who was due payment after his death i would want it, and in full.
BTW, what actually is Randy's situation compared to Bob & Lee? Have Randy's heirs received the royalties they deserve or have they been screwed over the same way as Bob & Lee with the exception the Rhoads' never filed any charges? After all Randy did join band called Blizzard Of Ozz just like Bob & Lee and signed a similar contract as they did (correct me if I'm wrong, this is what I've understood). Have the Rhoads' kept low profile because Randy himself is not here anymore and therefore might be in terms with the lower royalties? I get the feeling that the Rhoads' have decided - maybe very wisely - to keep quiet and far away from the fights Bob & Lee went out for. If Randy was alive, who knows.... :?

And if we think about it all Randy products we've seen have something to do with his guitars, amps, name or his persona/looks, in other words everything else than the music or albums he became famous for. Basically all those things came out of their vault which they have total control over and which no one can deny. The only exception I can think of is QR Years but that was Kevin's project with Dee's blessing and totally out of the Osbourne's box. I guess all I'm trying to say is that it looks like the Rhoads' have no say whatsoever related to his time with Ozzy. The Osbourne's like saying otherwise but... :fish: :fish: :fish:
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

I know it's frustrating being a Randy fan sometimes. It's can be "the ultimate tease". That being said, after all these years of empty promises, I've come up with a mantra I say each and every time something is supposedly "coming out".
This may help some of you too, say it with me....

"I'll believe it when I see it."

the end. :wink:
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

I dont think thats the issue. If you think back to when bob and lee were going through the court case they lost there battle, so they wouldnt have any ownership over the records. so i cant see where there would be a battle there. and if you remember what bob said over the fiasco of the documentary with peter he would only allow his interview to be used if they used the original album tracks with him and lee, so i dont think thats the problem. I think it could be more to do with the rhoads family or possible the footage that goes along with it belongs to someone else who aint keen on giving there go ahead.

I would be very surprised if bob or lee have anything to do with it. they want there records restored, they wont stop them.

The only reason sharon removed them was to spite bob and lee and nothing else.

And dont foret we have had not official confirmation from the osbournes that they have been put back., Blabbermouth have been wrong many times before, and can you trust anyone other that the osbournes to give you the info.
lets wait to hear from them before we all get dissapointed.

Jas.
Last edited by jasonmusicman on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isodee
Cool Member

Post by Isodee »

Alex wrote:
Isodee wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: Have Randy's heirs received the royalties they deserve or have they been screwed over the same way as Bob & Lee with the exception the Rhoads' never filed any charges?
The Rhoads family did sue them back in the 80s, I believe. It has been toned down though. I believe it was Bob who said that Sharon even had Randy's contract changed days (hours?) after his death.
Oh well, that wouldn't surprise me at all....
estang74

Post by estang74 »

Here is how it should have been handled.

Get Lee, Bob, the Rhoads family in a room with the Osbornes and everyone's lawyers. Discuss the footage and how it should be released and royalties, come up with a fair decision and then release it to the public.

The whole thing went in the toilet because the Osbornes skipped that step and now they got the fans hopes up again. How do you not inform the other people that are directly involved with the project that you are releasing new footage and re release two albums with the correct bass and drums tracks.
www.reverbnation.com/estang74
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

jasonmusicman wrote:I would be very surprised if bob or lee have anything to do with it. they want there records restored, they wont stop them.
Sure they want them to restored.
If I remember correct Bob & Lee sued the Osbournes because they didn't get their 'performance' royalties. The O's solved that by erasing their playing on those first two albums. Having these records restored (while still not paying those royalties...) would give Bob and Lee something to sue them again. I think it's likely they are doing right now.....

*btw above shouldn't be an issue regarding the '81 footage which suddenly is 'silenced' as well. (as like the doc)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
RRhoadsTribute

Post by RRhoadsTribute »

rice_pudding wrote:
RRhoadsTribute wrote:I have given up, we have all we ever will of Randy. We will never have any more studio songs, and especially footage. Never.
Thats the best attitude to be honest, i never bother getting riled up about new material these days.

And on that low note, welcome to the forum :D

Rob
Thanks, I've lurked here for a while but have not posted much.

This whole scenario is just so...Depressing. I can't even be mad, its like "Wow, what a shocker. Screwed Again" I never knew Randy and have only heard small stories, but I'd think he would want the fans to at least have a concert to watch. Think of what RANDY and his FANS would want.