New Randy recordings!!!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

hansolo
Mass Poster

New Randy recordings!!!

Post by hansolo »

Has anyone heard of any new Randy Rhoads bootlegs coming out?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Re: New Randy recordings!!!

Post by whoopiecat »

Aside from the live material that may be on the legacy edition of Blizzard, no.
Do you?

T.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
AceVader
Cool Member

Post by AceVader »

Possibly, yes.
Jazznroll
Madman

Post by Jazznroll »

Should rename this post, i thought some new ens had been leaked for a second.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I find this all to be funny, that's all. It's freakin' RR stuff not national security issues. What harm could leaked trailers or news hurt the cause of Randy's Memory? Except promote the demand for it. People miss Randy, that's all.
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

Look at Elvis' sun sessions. They have never been released in it's entirety. The last release was great and I bought that but it's still incomplete. I believe bootleggers were doing sun sessions possibly complete. There is a demand for alternative recordings so why shouldn't the family look into putting out lessons, QR shows, Ozzy shows or seminars? They would have to be remastered and put out like the Hendrix family...
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

hansolo wrote:I find this all to be funny, that's all. It's freakin' RR stuff not national security issues. What harm could leaked trailers or news hurt the cause of Randy's Memory? Except promote the demand for it. People miss Randy, that's all.

TOTALLY AGREE THERE. but remember theres money...
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

...and red tape. More than one person own the rights to Randy's likeness, name, publishing and so on...
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

come on guys spit it out now, no secrets now.. wa waaa waaaaaaaaa 8)
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Is anyone a member at these Black Sabbath forums? I saw this the other day and almost joined just to pm this cat for further info, but then figured it'd be doubtful he'd spill to a noob. Check this out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie 88
Sounds like the second disk is live, probably one of the radio broadcasts.

All the best,
PAULIE

I know which gig is being used for the live show. It's a good one, and not from a major city venue either (unless they changed their minds again in the last coupla months). From what I hear they're still finalizing some of this package but the details i saw do make it look very interesting...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Maybe the live material is from the Southampton 1980 gig?
(the same gig where NBM and GBTR from Tribute are comming from)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

That would be great, Dutch! I'm hoping for that show as well :D

T.
xk319

Post by xk319 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Maybe the live material is from the Southampton 1980 gig?
My dream is to hear an 82 gig professionally recorded so we finally get to hear that BAND JAM with Randy nice and clear. Well, ultimate dream is a video of the band jam. But I'll take some audio.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

xk319 wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:Maybe the live material is from the Southampton 1980 gig?
My dream is to hear an 82 gig professionally recorded so we finally get to hear that BAND JAM with Randy nice and clear. Well, ultimate dream is a video of the band jam. But I'll take some audio.
You can already do that if you go into our audio section and download the Jan 15th 1982 show or the show from Cardif 1981 both are clear and both have the band jam on them, the Jan 15th show is also soundbourd so has an almost perfect mix.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
xk319

Post by xk319 »

Trigger wrote:
xk319 wrote:
You can already do that if you go into our audio section and download the Jan 15th 1982 show or the show from Cardif 1981 both are clear and both have the band jam on them, the Jan 15th show is also soundbourd so has an almost perfect mix.
Jan 15th is a very polluted soundboard. Don't think about this in terms of bootlegs. For a bootleg it's an ok soundboard. I'm talking first generation soundboard recording without any distortion, static or bleeding of intruments together, where every instrument is crystal clear. That is what I want. I have all the Ozzy boots, the 1.15 show is my favorite as it's a pretty decent soundboard (but far from official release quality) as well as the 1.22 Milwaukee show which is an excellent audience recording. Those are the two best 82 shows I've found, but both are miles away from an official sounding recording of a live concert.

Basically what I want is an 82 show that is the quality of the Cleveland 81 boot show that was used for the Tribute album. That Cleveland 81 bootleg is official release quality. Just wish an 82 show in that same quality existed.