Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Rob200
Cool Member

Post by Rob200 »

None
David_Ford_1956

Post by David_Ford_1956 »

SixPounder wrote:I can't really stand Steal Away The Night...To late 80's for me :lol:

Too late '80s? THe song came out in 1980 about as early '80's as possible.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stiltzkin wrote:Dunno how much input he had in QR though.
Randy wrote almost everything in Quiet Riot.

In Ozzy's band, he tended to plagerize himself (steal QR riffs and licks) and Bob would help him with the arrangments. Bob was the main lyricist, but Randy, Bob and Lee wrote the songs together.

Personally I prefer his Quiet Riot playing (live, not on record) becasue it's still fresh to me. I've been listening to Blizzard and Diary for 25 years and often don't hear the nuances anymore.

As for least favorite song... Goodbye to Romance. It's a good song, ut I just prefer the others...
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

RockyRhoads wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:Dunno how much input he had in QR though.
Randy wrote almost everything in Quiet Riot.
Hmm :?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I know Kevin wrote Slick Black Cadillac, but since I don't have an official release of QR 1 or 2 I am not positive about all the writing credits...
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

RockyRhoads wrote:I know Kevin wrote Slick Black Cadillac, but since I don't have an official release of QR 1 or 2 I am not positive about all the writing credits...
I have them, and I'll look at them and let you know.
SixPounder
Cool Member

Post by SixPounder »

David_Ford_1956 wrote:
SixPounder wrote:I can't really stand Steal Away The Night...To late 80's for me :lol:

Too late '80s? THe song came out in 1980 about as early '80's as possible.
I ment it sounds to much like its from the late 80's to me
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Ok, it didn't say on QRII who wrote what, but on QRI Kevin DuBrow and Randy wrote all the songs together except for some covers (Like Glad All Over by Dave Clark 5). Look in any window was solely written by Randy.
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

Why is it the bassists that are lyricists? I'm a bit of a lyricist myself!

I haven't heard much QR, so I don't really know. I like Afterglow, Fit to Be Tied, Look In Any window and Just How You Want It (does that sound a little Status Quo in places to anyone?)

There's not really any Ozzy/Randy stuff I don't like. (btw, anyone got a No Bone Movies bass tab?)
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6482/randysig2text2ho.png[/img]
Wind is high, so am I, as the shore sinks in the distance
blackcat

Post by blackcat »

i, for one, actually hate ozzy osbourne and never actually been a fan.. after knowing about randy, and hearing his ways, i still feel the same way about him,..... its all randy, and for the songs, hmm...
as i said, i dont really like ozzy, and i found out about randy early this year(im so late, but, yknow, im not an oldie) due to the fact he was related to ozzy, a force i never really wanted to know., so therefore, i dont know much randy songs, and plus, QRiot, im not really fond of it.

flying high again, is the only song i pretty much dislike, dont know why, it doesnt have one of those feelings
dont mess with the black cat
Follis
Cool Member

Post by Follis »

On QRII most are DuBrow/Rhoads, We've Got the Magic is Randy & Slick and Inside You are DuBrow.
sumdood2

Post by sumdood2 »

i dont really like much of the Quiet Riot stuff that much, except for laughing gas live (for obvious reasons). One song that i get the feeling a lot of people dont like is Tonight...even tho it has a pretty sick outro.
dead_ninja

Post by dead_ninja »

I would have to say You Can't Kill Rock And Roll, I dont like how Ozzy sang it and i ruins the song itself.
easter

my least favorite Rhoads song

Post by easter »

this is a hard question, but i'm not to fond of the studio version of suicide solution, the live versions are way better
Charvel65

Post by Charvel65 »

NBM or SATO...
Never been a fan of Mr. Crowley either. He has some nice riffs in there, but the song just doesn't make me want to learn it.

I like Steal Away the Night because how Revolation Mother Earth led into it.