Pete Margolis Documentary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Just chill out for fuck sake why do you all want info NOW...All good things come to thee who wait. When Ozzy puts out a DVD he doesn't have to list an A-Z of whats on it. I honestly think that the RR Live footage will come out with his docu/film that Jack is putting together. If you remember when the 'Don't Blame Me' DVD came out. The After Hours footage was included with the package what a bonus for anyone who hadn't seen this before. I don't remember if Ozzy made such a fuss over that being part of the DVD. But it was a bonus for all RR fans.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Dutchman, Interesting what you say about the 'dirty laundry' angle. Rudy's book is so detailed that you can pinpoint exact dates and places in the decline of Ozzy's relationship with Randy, but I guess the documentary has the potential to reach many more people than that book has.

If there is concern about dark secrets coming out to taint Randy's 'saintly' image then that's a shame. I hope that anyone with those fears understands that a person can have some flaws and still be a great hero and an inspiration. Think about some of the comic book heroes-they have 'issues' in their private lives but they become great by rising above their setbacks and insecurities.
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Just chill out for fuck sake why do you all want info NOW...All good things come to thee who wait. When Ozzy puts out a DVD he doesn't have to list an A-Z of whats on it. I honestly think that the RR Live footage will come out with his docu/film that Jack is putting together. If you remember when the 'Don't Blame Me' DVD came out. The After Hours footage was included with the package what a bonus for anyone who hadn't seen this before. I don't remember if Ozzy made such a fuss over that being part of the DVD. But it was a bonus for all RR fans.
No man, I don't need to chill the f**k out. You do. I didn't make a personal thing to anyone so grow up man. "all good things come to thee who wait." I see....you've nailed it...as opposed to 28 years, yes, we are an impatient bunch aren't we? How dare we get slightly frustrated after 28 years! The nerve! Ozzy doesn't have to do anything, he SHOULD. There is a big difference there which you don't seem to understand or care about. No one cares about Ozzy including something we all had access to for years before he released it, so what is the point about After Hours? "Here you go guys a video that's been available for 20 years, but it's such a nice bonus." Get real man, and don't insult peolpe like you're 15, unless you want to, go ahead. You'll only make yourself look childish.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Hey Shaun,
Stupid question: Are all four songs in their entirety on the 'Don't Blame Me' DVD? I'll feel like an asshole, if that's the case, seeing how I own it :roll:
I haven't watched it in quite sometime, and of course, I'm at work.
In terms of the subject at hand...we know the live DVD will be with Rudy and Tommy, it's more than likely stateside, everyone can pretty much guess the setlist. I guess the 'where' is a minor thing to worry over, but it's also a minor thing to share.
I can appreciate that they may want to suprise folks...but as stated, we know everything else about the show, save the date.
I feel because it really has been so long...28 years for some of us, that it's really coming down to crunch time and folks are anxious.
But like the original topic of the thread, we have no choice but to wait.

Tom
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

I guess a lot of the frustration for me has to do with the fact that we got a few table scraps over the years since Tribute, and most of the avenues for footage and other stuff have all turned out to be dead ends.

I have a hidden fear that if I dont see an official release date with details that it may not happen LOL! Just look at the documentary. Many of us hung our hats on finally seeing a documentary about Randy where we actually get to know more about him. Its been 3 years and the specific details are as cloudy as ever. That rug may be pulled out from under us. Hopefully not, but lets "try to stay positive" is a little tough about now.

I believe Mr. Garni that many things may be planned for us Randy fans, but I just dont trust any info unless I see official dates and details.

Maybe Mr. Garni can give us a possible date on something new? Summer? Fall? Christmas? Next year?

Throw us a fricken bone here LOL!
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

The After Hours bonus footage?? What????? Dont Blame Me originally came out on VHS.. They may have called it bonus footage, but it was only short clips, not full songs.. I wish Ozzy would release his After Hours, cuz ive never seen it any better quality, and I have it from various sources.. Regardless, this isnt worth fighting over. I dont think anyone has said anything out of line in this thread..

Matt
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

well GI and MP you have both displayed what make us real Randy fans share in common 'Passion'. Though I fully sympathise with waiting becuase one thing us Brit's are good at is queing!
Sadly' I have to also agree with MP because I feel that 28 years is a huge amount of time and for many of us who were there at the time Randy was, we grew up and lived this RR dedicated life!
Our dedication will rub off on those who will come along and learn about Randy but it would be lovely to have a little more info on the new footage!
I have given up on ever seeing the doc' because I would sooner be surprised than dissapoited and up to now I haven't seen anything regarding it that makes me feel positive.
The footage which I crave, really excites me so I really really REALLY!!!! want to know whatever I can ASAP.
Another thing that sadens me is that the person who turned me onto Randy a lifetime ago died lastyear and I remember that we both talked for hours about how amazing it will be when we finally get to see some real live footage! well he died and my love of Randy is shared with my friends here, I really can't calm down knowing that footage is there and I cant see it!!! :evil: :wink: :D :lol:

I am glad to see that passion is still 'Fucking'with us, and the only advice I can give is never let a few words said on here upset you because one thing we do well here is be honest and never hold back! :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

whoopiecat wrote: "March 19th approaches, I know Mrs. R will not be there. She is doing well enough. I suggest people send cards to Musonia, as opposed to calling with best wishes. She is well aware of everyone's concern. I don't think Kathy will be at the memorial either. I won't be and neither will Kelle R, we'll be in Japan doing the first tribute shows ever!"
This must be the first time none of the Rhoads will be there, right..... :?
Not sure if this is the reason, could be just coincidence, but I can imagine they rather don't want to get bothered by questions about the doc if the rumors are true. It must be really a big letdown for them if true......
And maybe not everything is 'tuned' either regarding the 'unseen' footage Ozzy wants to release later this year.
For sure they would get LOTS of questions......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

Maybe they will use the March memorial day to announce something???

Seems like a fitting way to put a positive vibe on an otherwise sad day for fans.

Someone call Garni and ask directly!!!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

I believe this will be the first, Dutch...does anyone here know if fans showed up for the first time 3/19/83? Or do you suppose fans slowly trickled in over the years while the family was there, and it grew from word of mouth?
I can't for the life of me remember where I first read about the fans gathering annually at his grave.
Phineas, it would be the perfect opportunity to announce something. Word would spread in a heartbeat, considering today's technology, but who would be there to deliver any news?
I would guess the questions fans may have would be part of the reason for their absence.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

I moved to LA in 88' and was trying to find the gravesite, I knew a girl that lived across the street from it, she said fans were gathering then. Far as from 83 think there may have been more personal family members but he was in the mausoleum.
Andy P

Post by Andy P »

Don't read into them not being there. It's not all that juicy or cloak and dagger. Speculating is fun, but some of this stuff is a bit out there.

Delores is recovering and getting her strength back.
Kelle will be in Japan having a blast.

Reasons that have nothing at all to do with the doc, or them "avoiding" questions.
The time on that documentary is almost expired, I believe. Was a 3 year contract mentioned on here, correct? That time is almost up.
So, we shall all see what's up then. patience man. I'm sure we'll all hear something one way or the other. AND, like the other person mentioned, ASK! Email KG or talk to Kelle.
And I'm pretty sure it ain't the Rhoads that are "holding" the doc up.
Just my 2 cents. :wink:
Have a good one!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

mpavlic wrote:
No man, I don't need to chill the f**k out. You do. I didn't make a personal thing to anyone so grow up man. "all good things come to thee who wait."
Get real man, and don't insult peolpe like you're 15, unless you want to, go ahead. You'll only make yourself look childish.
Since when was i having a personal pop at you ?. What you don't realise is that i've been a RR fan for a long time. I was lucky to see the man in concert. I've contributed loads of info pics threads etc to this forum. So when you have done as much as me to promote RR. Then you can tell me to shut the fuck up OK.. :wink: And yeah All good things do come to thee who wait.
eric34

Post by eric34 »

Hi guys, my name is Eric and I am new to the forum. Just like most I am eagerly waiting for the doc and live show to appear. I stumbled across this this morning about the documentary.

http://themetalden.com/index.php?p=12666
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

So let me ask you, who were YOU telling to "Just chill out for fuck sake why do you all want info NOW" YOU said "all" meaning EVERYONE who wants info. So, not only do you address everyone on here who said they want info, but you also told us to chill the f**k out. So yes, when someone tells me to chill the F out, for no reason, other than you don't like what I'm saying, I take it personally. If you want to say it like an adult (I disagree, and here's why, that's one thing) But you didn't. So yes, you are acting childish. I love how peolpe tell others to shut up first and use profanity, but you are trying to call me out, for repeating back what you said. I came on here as a fan (and no offense, you seeing him in concert or being a fan for a long time doesn't mean your opinions count more than anyone else or you can use profanity towards others) and posted a non-offending opinion and you shot back at me with profanity. Take a look at what you're saying before you call people out dude.