Pete Margolis Documentary

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Remedylane wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I think that all said and done the docu is still going ahead. A friend of mine was approached a few weeks ago in regard to his photographs being used for a RR film. I mentioned who was making this film and if Dakota had anything to do with this film. His answer was YES thats the name of the company. So if the docu was going under and being mothballed why would they still be looking for material to use ?.

I hope very much so that it is going forward.. Who knows if the Osbournes are involved.. There is just so much damn secrecy when it comes to anything Randy Rhoads.. It still boggles my mind.. We have no idea when or if this documentary is coming out.. We have no idea when the footage Ozzy saw is coming out or where the show is from, or how long it is.. I can look on the internet and find out that Transformers 3 comes out July 1st 2011, were allowed to know that, but when it comes to RR its all a huge veil of secrecy?? Just doesnt make sense to me..

Matt
Yes it is all so very confusing and I find it sad that the whole thing has been handled so badly by Peter on the forums, I think he misjudged the fans and made big mistakes in his response to us being given the trailer.
My gut feeling is that we won't see it but I hope I am wrong, if I am wrong I won't be holding a grudge against him. I think it would achieve very little to respond to Peter as he did towards certain of us in the RR community.
He lacks an ability to conduct himself politicaly, then again he is a film maker so political depotment is better left to those who understand it.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

If the Rhoads family doesn't like the doc we probably won't see it..... (just my 0.99) For the same reason why pro-footage has been hidden for decades. The good thing is that instead the doc we get a full pro shot concert. (assuming people rather see a full Randy concert instead of 100 interviews + a few minutes unseen ET footage) Of course I rather see it all.

I think the 'secrecy' isn't Peter's fault really. It was there long before Peter already. Lots of people do respect the Rhoads family very much. and out of respect they rather keep their wishes quiet when those wishes probably won't be understand by the general public. Nobody dared to say: "Yeah we have 5 full pro-shot collecting dust here but the Rhoads family doesn't want to have it released by the O's.". Though they finally went along with the O's because they are not happy with the doc and they probably felt they had to come up with something instead. And so 'suddenly' Ozzy saw some unseen '81 footage he gonna release later this year. :wink: To me it's obvious what happened.

Even now, you won't hear: the Rhoads family has rejected the documentary. You not gonna hear that, they won't say it in public, but all signs are there......

I'm glad they finally made the right decision and stepped over some 'issues' so after some decades Randy will shine again! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:If the Rhoads family doesn't like the doc we probably won't see it..... (just my 0.99) For the same reason why pro-footage has been hidden for decades. The good thing is that instead the doc we get a full pro shot concert. (assuming people rather see a full Randy concert instead of 100 interviews + a few minutes unseen ET footage) Of course I rather see it all.

I think the 'secrecy' isn't Peter's fault really. It was there long before Peter already. Lots of people do respect the Rhoads family very much. and out of respect they rather keep their wishes quiet when those wishes probably won't be understand by the general public. Nobody dared to say: "Yeah we have 5 full pro-shot collecting dust here but the Rhoads family doesn't want to have it released by the O's.". Though they finally went along with the O's because they are not happy with the doc and they probably felt they had to come up with something instead. And so 'suddenly' Ozzy saw some unseen '81 footage he gonna release later this year. :wink: To me it's obvious what happened.

Even now, you won't hear: the Rhoads family has rejected the documentary. You not gonna hear that, they won't say it in public, but all signs are there......

I'm glad they finally made the right decision and stepped over some 'issues' so after some decades Randy will shine again! 8)

Very accurate post.. Trigger said that his gut was that we wouldnt see the doc, and Im kinda in agreement.. I think we will have a better idea sometime this month though.. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Peter M. I think for 2 years worth of work for a doc about Randy to go down the drain would be a shame.. I get that the Rhoads family only tries to protect Randys legacy, but in some ways I think they are hindering it by being so secreative and not wanting or allowing things to come out. If I were them id want to share Randy with the world and every generation of guitarist.. Not to mention those of us that he inspired to even play to begin with..

Matt
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I don't feel they should reject it completely. If there are issues then fire Peter and get all the interviews and put then together the way you want. The interviews themselves cannot be redone. The people that were interviewed were in depth and that first time they were interviewed is when you get that raw emotion and hear them speaking about it for the first time. I doubt many will nor would give another in depth interview like they did for this doc. Especially the people closest to Randy from who we never really heard from over the years. I'm not sure WTF is going on but i think it will be released this year. I think if anything the rhoads family is probably pissed that it is taking so long and that is stressing Delores out which is not good at all for her age. I think Delores herself is probably not pissed but Kathy and kelle are by seeing what it's found to her.

For me the video footage is what I care about, there are very few interviews that I am actually interested in seeing and they are what the most obvious, don airey, guitar tech, Rudy, bob and lee and yes... ozzy and sharon. I don't care how many times ozzy has talked about Randy in the past, I just like to hear him talk about him even if it's the same old stories. Sharon lovd him to death, you can just tell from the jap doc how much he meannt to her.

I think Peter is a joke; he came to this community, got what he wanted out of us then basically told us to fuck off. Then threatens us because we saw the documentary trailer, who cares?? It's a friggin trailer for your movie moron. I think that's probably another thing that pissed the rhoads family off, they probably got word he was threatening to shelve it.

I think what really needs to be done here is someone, whoever it may be between these two boards is to find out directly from Kathy or kelle WTF is going on. Just make a statement telling us if we are worrying for nothing or whether it is going to be shelved. Out of the 8 billion people or whatever it is on earth the 30-40 people that post regulary on these boards are the biggest Randy fans out there and were basically floating in a toilet getting dumpe on.

Sorry for any spelling or odd words, typed all this on my phone :)
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Shockwave wrote:I don't feel they should reject it completely. If there are issues then fire Peter and get all the interviews and put then together the way you want. The interviews themselves cannot be redone. The people that were interviewed were in depth and that first time they were interviewed is when you get that raw emotion and hear them speaking about it for the first time. I doubt many will nor would give another in depth interview like they did for this doc. Especially the people closest to Randy from who we never really heard from over the years. I'm not sure WTF is going on but i think it will be released this year. I think if anything the rhoads family is probably pissed that it is taking so long and that is stressing Delores out which is not good at all for her age. I think Delores herself is probably not pissed but Kathy and kelle are by seeing what it's found to her.

For me the video footage is what I care about, there are very few interviews that I am actually interested in seeing and they are what the most obvious, don airey, guitar tech, Rudy, bob and lee and yes... ozzy and sharon. I don't care how many times ozzy has talked about Randy in the past, I just like to hear him talk about him even if it's the same old stories. Sharon lovd him to death, you can just tell from the jap doc how much he meannt to her.

I think Peter is a joke; he came to this community, got what he wanted out of us then basically told us to fuck off. Then threatens us because we saw the documentary trailer, who cares?? It's a friggin trailer for your movie moron. I think that's probably another thing that pissed the rhoads family off, they probably got word he was threatening to shelve it.

I think what really needs to be done here is someone, whoever it may be between these two boards is to find out directly from Kathy or kelle WTF is going on. Just make a statement telling us if we are worrying for nothing or whether it is going to be shelved. Out of the 8 billion people or whatever it is on earth the 30-40 people that post regulary on these boards are the biggest Randy fans out there and were basically floating in a toilet getting dumpe on.

Sorry for any spelling or odd words, typed all this on my phone :)

+1 to all of this.. You are 100% correct.. Great post..

Matt
Phineas J

Post by Phineas J »

From what Mr. Garni has said recently, it is not looking good for the doc. No Ozzy involvement may mean no Ozzy music. How can you tell Randy's story without the REAL music? That would suck! What is the point of seeing rare stuff without sound!? I would take anything but that seems like a waste.

Personally I would rather hear 90 mins worth of Randy's family, Don Airey, Rudy, Tommy, Pete, Bob, Sharon and Ozzy talk about Randy than hear what Chris Holmes has to say about him. 150 Interviews is/was a waste of time. There really could be about a dozen and that would be all that was needed. This is my opinion, but this whole project just seems to be overdone, and for what?? Ego?

Hopefully Peter can get it done right. We the fans are excited for the new Randy stuff, but his family must be going nuts over all the drama. That is probably why they avoided this kind of stuff for nearly 30 years. Cant say I blame them really. The "business" end of this doc may have really caused problems for the Rhoads family.

Seriously, what are we all gonna complain about once we get the pro shot footage? I cant wait to find out!
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

The thing is we Randy fans just want to find out what is going on, a straight answer. I agree with a lot of people. It's almost worse that Ozzy made the comment he did. Would it kill them to say what it was when it was coming out, etc. No instead we're left to guess, as if 28 years wasn't enough they think they should c**k tease us a little longer. Ozzy would have been dead years ago if it wasn't for Randy and they can't do the decent thing and say when it will be coming out. No one is saying it needs to come out today or tomorrow, but just info. The same goes for the doc. I know a lot of people don't like to offend anyone, but for God's sake, all we want is to not be left in the dark. If there is a problem, fine, just TELL us. We've been waiting years for the doc, there were constant updates, then as quickly as it came, it vanished. It's so frustrating and quite frankly I can't think of another musician whose legacy was ever so poorly handled and covered with so much bulls**t. It makes me sick. I'm sure some fans have died in the 28 years since, and it just makes me sick that little things like a video, a simple video, which could bring so much joy, even for a brief moment to so many people, have to be deined to so many people.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

The thing is we Randy fans just want to find out what is going on, a straight answer. I agree with a lot of people. It's almost worse that Ozzy made the comment he did. Would it kill them to say what it was when it was coming out, etc. No instead we're left to guess, as if 28 years wasn't enough they think they should c**k tease us a little longer. Ozzy would have been dead years ago if it wasn't for Randy and they can't do the decent thing and say when it will be coming out. No one is saying it needs to come out today or tomorrow, but just info. The same goes for the doc. I know a lot of people don't like to offend anyone, but for God's sake, all we want is to not be left in the dark. If there is a problem, fine, just TELL us. We've been waiting years for the doc, there were constant updates, then as quickly as it came, it vanished. It's so frustrating and quite frankly I can't think of another musician whose legacy was ever so poorly handled and covered with so much bulls**t. It makes me sick. I'm sure some fans have died in the 28 years since, and it just makes me sick that little things like a video, a simple video, which could bring so much joy, even for a brief moment to so many people, have to be deined to so many people
Amen.I mean,WTF? isnt the "Deadline" for the doc this month?
Why cant we get any word on the status it will be 3 years in a few days
and the status it seems,a secret,I mean why?

What did Kevin Dubrow know that we dont?
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

About Kelle's Knowledge

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

There is so much speculation going on that to express any opinion about what will happen next is really not constructive. I imagine Ozzy will release the new footage when his album comes out in July. Both might be packaged together as a "Collector's Item." We'll see. Either way, this is the year for Randy fans...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: About Kelle's Knowledge

Post by Trigger »

RR-ElectricAngel wrote: this is the year for Randy fans...
Thats my hope as well EA
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

mpavlic wrote:The thing is we Randy fans just want to find out what is going on, a straight answer. I agree with a lot of people. It's almost worse that Ozzy made the comment he did. Would it kill them to say what it was when it was coming out, etc. No instead we're left to guess, as if 28 years wasn't enough they think they should c**k tease us a little longer. Ozzy would have been dead years ago if it wasn't for Randy and they can't do the decent thing and say when it will be coming out. No one is saying it needs to come out today or tomorrow, but just info. The same goes for the doc. I know a lot of people don't like to offend anyone, but for God's sake, all we want is to not be left in the dark. If there is a problem, fine, just TELL us. We've been waiting years for the doc, there were constant updates, then as quickly as it came, it vanished. It's so frustrating and quite frankly I can't think of another musician whose legacy was ever so poorly handled and covered with so much bulls**t. It makes me sick. I'm sure some fans have died in the 28 years since, and it just makes me sick that little things like a video, a simple video, which could bring so much joy, even for a brief moment to so many people, have to be deined to so many people.
+1
The thing is the Rhoads don't want to put the dirty laundry in public.
They rather portray a nice and happy image to the world. But the world is not perfect, Randy was not perfect, the O's are not perfect. Nobody is......
We know now that there were already some problems when Randy was still alive. It wasn't all happiness between Randy and the O's. They won't say the O's screwed up in the past and Mrs. Rhoads sued them in the past to get some money. (ask Bob Daisley) So yep, all silence about the doc and nobody seems to know how or what, but those who are involved know very well....... It will just fade away and nobody seems to know. :x
You can respect this but at the same it's a pain in the ass for us fans who just want to see some Randy stuff and don't want to be left in the dark.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Don't know if this still remains the same, but Kelly did mention that none of the family will be at Mt. View on the 19th.
Both Kellys will be in Japan for their tribute show, Mrs. Rhoads hasn't been feeling well, so it seems she isn't going, and I would venture to guess her daughter would be with her, given what day it is.
Not that it's our business, or they owe the fans any kind of explanation. With the way things have devolved within the community...you just don't know who is in the crowd anymore.
The above was mentioned on RR.US, if Kelly G. had his info wrong about who wouldn't be going on the 19th, I'm sure Kelly R. would have asked him to ammend it by now:

"March 19th approaches, I know Mrs. R will not be there. She is doing well enough. I suggest people send cards to Musonia, as opposed to calling with best wishes. She is well aware of everyone's concern. I don't think Kathy will be at the memorial either. I won't be and neither will Kelle R, we'll be in Japan doing the first tribute shows ever!"

The above is from Kelly's post on the US site...hope this isn't a no-no copying it to here, just wanted folks here to read for themselves.
On the upside though:

"So now there's all this who hah about what footage Ozzy has. Some people speculated that Ozzy's foggy memory might indicate that it was simply After Hours footage. That's not the case. First, Sharon ain't that stupid, and really, neither is Ozzy. I have it on good authority that what he has is the real deal. Why all these years later, I have no idea. As for what show, I have no idea. But the footage is of very good quality. I'm told."

and:

"I will have some very good news in the next couple of months regarding a very BIG venture that's Randy related. It's so big, I have to relocate back to California. I hate to tease, but I'm sworn to not talk about it publicly. But trust me, in the end you'll understand. As I myself have stumbled on to some things. This will be a great year for all things Randy. And as always, you have my gratitude for your continued love and respect for my friend. I think this year, everything you ever wanted to see or know about Randy will become clear, making him an even more influence on players around the world. But I just don't see a Doc coming out. But that's just my opinion."

Hopefully this is cool by you, Kelly...just looking to share info with those who may not be members on your site:)
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

I understand the whole family wanting to portray an image, that's fine. I understand the problems between the Rhoads family and Ozzy. I understand all of these issues. What I am saying is what is the problem with either the Ozzy camp or the Rhoads camp saying "Just to confirm rumors you've been hearing for years, there is in fact a live video (or videos) recording of Randy and Ozzy. It was recorded on X at X. We are very excited to have found this video. As of right now we are hoping and working on resolving any issues surrounding this video and hope to release it to you, the fans once everything has been worked out."

Do you guys see what I'm saying. It still leaves everything ( the legal issues, etc) intact but at least gives us something to hold on to. Nothing would be lost by them by saying this.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Understood and totally agree. Completely baffled by the lack of information. These aren't exactly government secrets we're talking about here.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
mpavlic

Post by mpavlic »

Exactly. They can admit the existence of a video without ruining anything from a legal standpoint, perception of Randy it exists. Hell, it's even as easy as, "There is a video, it was recorded at this venue on this date. If all of the legal issues, etc, can be worked out we will release it to you." End of story. Why is this so hard. Again, as I said earlier....never have I seen the legacy of a musician so mishandled and surrounded with so much bulls**t.