Another fake Randy autograph

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

oth
Mass Poster

Another fake Randy autograph

Post by oth »

check this fake out-its a fake and not a forgery because a forgery at least resembles an authentic sig.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2759.l1259

whats worse besides being a horrible fake is that this dude says he had this diary sleeve signed on the canadian tour.Problem is randy never made it to canada for diary.To top it off,its done in silver sharpie which didnt exist til late 80s...BI-OOTCH
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

Haha, I saw a Tribute album on Ebay about 6 years ago that Randy had supposedly signed.. That was the best one.. People are so stupid sometimes... These are the kinda guys that you just wanna bitch slap real hard..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah thats one to be avoided the Ozzy sig is very bad too but the Tommy signature looks good. So i'm guessing that the Tommy sig was done recently maybe while he toured with Whitesnake or Thin Lizzy and the other signatures have been added.

I got suckered into buying a signed Ozzy programme which was signed by Ozzy, Bob and Lee then the RR signature had been added. You could see how the other 3 had faded then the new RR signature which was a bad attempt and had not faded like the others. But luckily i got it for a cheap price.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Maybe fake who knows, but Randy did do a tour in Canada with Blizzard from 7/13-31 1981. He does not say it was DOAM tour, he say's includes DOAM backstage pass, which was between 5/16-27 1982. This fellow says it was at London, Kitchener, Toronto, Canada where he attended concert that he got these auto's.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

RRfish wrote:Maybe fake who knows, but Randy did do a tour in Canada with Blizzard from 7/13-31 1981. He does not say it was DOAM tour, he say's includes DOAM backstage pass, which was between 5/16-27 1982. This fellow says it was at London, Kitchener, Toronto, Canada where he attended concert that he got these auto's.
Its totally Fake! Not Maybe fake
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

RRfish wrote:Maybe fake who knows, but Randy did do a tour in Canada with Blizzard from 7/13-31 1981. He does not say it was DOAM tour, he say's includes DOAM backstage pass, which was between 5/16-27 1982. This fellow says it was at London, Kitchener, Toronto, Canada where he attended concert that he got these auto's.

how did he get the diary sleeve to be signed at the blizzard show?diary came after blizzard...or was that photo used on the blizzard jap import?

well whatever the case the sig is fake and fat silver sharpies werent around then.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Complete fake.

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

oth wrote:well whatever the case the sig is fake and fat silver sharpies werent around then.
You are exactly right oth. Some fakes/forgeries are really easy to spot (like the one above) if you know your history. I found this on Sharpie's website in their archives. They didn't make the silver version of the pen ubtil 2002.

New Sharpie Metallic marks on dark surfaces making festive holiday arts and crafts simple, mess free

Bellwood, Ill. - December 16, 2002 - With a ho, ho, ho, Sharpie, the world's most popular family of permanent markers, today announced that it is answering the call for a marker that can be used on dark surfaces - just in time for holiday arts and crafts. Introducing the Sharpie METALLIC marker in silver, the perfect accent to make the season even brighter. In addition to offering a signature bold silver line, the Sharpie Metallic marker eliminates many of the issues associated with most other metallic markers - such as difficulty controlling the amount of ink flow and the need for shaking and tip pressing before using a marker. The latest addition to the Sharpie family provides even ink flow, as well as permanent and fast-drying silver metallic ink with no mess and no preparation before use - simply uncap and go.

"It's the perfect time for silver", said Frank Bielec, designer for a popular, do-it-yourself decorating program on cable television, who also owns his own arts and crafts business. "These days, more and more people are looking for simple, cost effective ways to make gift giving more personal. The new Sharpie Metallic marker - with its bold silver metallic ink - provides an easy to use, distinct touch that can turn the most everyday holiday item into something special. As one of the most trusted names in arts and crafts, Sharpie markers can write on virtually any surface. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of crafters coming up with creative, unique ways to answer, 'How do you use your Sharpie?'"

Randy, I knew were an incredible player but I never knew you were a time traveler as well. LOL :lol:
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

holy sht,duh,that pic of the DIARY sleeve was taken 2months after the guy claims he got it signed.The pic was taken in late september 81 in orlando and yet this guy got it signed in july 81!!!???How the fk could randy sign a photo that hadnt even been taken yet?Anyone know how to time travel here?Beam me up,scotty?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

As far as the silver pen / sharpie debate goes, i have a few things signed from 1985 - 86 and onwards and these are in silver marker pen. I remember the silver paint pens when they came out they took forever to dry. Then a silver marker was made which was quick drying. This wasn't made by sharpie so as far as signatures not being done with a silver pen ?.
Attachments
IMG_0306.jpg
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

i remember silver tip being the new thing when upper deck baseball cards came out in the late 80s...but i have never seen any original stuff before 1984 signed in silver tip...did u get that ultimnate sin album signed in 86 or after?

but anyway that diary cover pic wasnt taken till sept 81 in orlando and this clown ass is saying he had it signed by randy in july81...
Livewire8195

Post by Livewire8195 »

I reported it. :D
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Livewire8195 wrote:I reported it. :D
thanks...poor folks have bid that scam up to 270$...I forgot that that picture was taken after the canadian tour but i know that is a diary sleeve and that didnt come out til nov/dec of 1981.He tried throwing off that discrepancy by saying its a jap import blizzard lp sleeve.

ironface,on tk reminded me of the picture timeline...the steps of disneyworld sep,1981..
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

oth wrote:i remember silver tip being the new thing when upper deck baseball cards came out in the late 80s...but i have never seen any original stuff before 1984 signed in silver tip...did u get that ultimnate sin album signed in 86 or after?
I got this signed during the 1986 UK tour i remember the after show pass. The date was also wrote in silver pen. (see the pic below.)