Claims of Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

Another thing to think about regarding the capital theatre is as others have said ozzy wasnt a big fish back in the very early 80's and the cost of a production crew to film one of his shows would have been very costly, an artist wouldnt turn down the opportunity to have a show recorded by inhouse cameras it would be cheaper than a full production crew, as we know from other shows recorded there they are multi camera films. And theres so many bootleg dvds that have come from shows played there, but nothing from ozzy. That tells me that its more than likely that after the show the ardens took possession of the film and its stayed in the archives until now. let hope that we get more info soon.
6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Kevin DuBrow intended to release it on DVD, but it was stolen. As it is, any real fan of Randy's is ecstatic to have it in the quality it is in now.
While you didn't quote me, this seems to be in direct response to my previous post. If not, feel free to correct me. I'm aware of Kevin's fiasco with the footage when it was stolen. I am happy to have it the way it is now, as it's still a significant upgrade over what I had. But, I stand by my statement. It's a shame that it was stolen, and didn't get the chance to receive a proper transfer. I hope that doesn't make me less of a fan? Image
Paul Wolfe wrote:The thing that gets me is how so many 'fans' bitch about the quality of what they get. Most of the older generation who were fans during Randy's lifetime are thrilled to get anything at all.
In that case, I'm glad that I fit into those criteria. I was a fan during Randy's lifetime, and I cherish my collection.Image
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:multiple cameras and possibly from Philly... any Philly boots? (I'm too lazy to go looking)
Don't go to the audio section! :lol:

Thnx for explaining. Still I wonder about that story from Kevin loosing that QR footage master tapes....... How could he be so naive to send the master tapes? :? (why didn't he send good copies...... )
The Philly show is a weird because until recently the audio was so poor that it wasn't worh hosting because it was un-listenable, however I was given a different copy of which is almost perfect although it is missing 2 songs the intro and everything that was said between songs.
It is one of the best audios but I would like to at least add the missing songs before we host it.
And for the record it is so good it could have been taken from a video, and this was what sprung to mind when I heard it for the first time.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

I need the philly boot now! as for Paul's post. Yes I agree with everything you said but I always thought or read somewhere that it was Ozzys choice to go on early??
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Trigger wrote:It is one of the best audios but I would like to at least add the missing songs before we host it.
Ian,
But what if those 2 missing songs never come to surface? (if you need help to get it, let me know)
If you wanted to get it complete first why did you put it up there? This way it's just a tease to the people who want to hear it. People want to hear that show! And if it's missing two songs so bet it. They will appreciate it anyways!
Last edited by The Flying Dutchman on Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

YES SIR TFD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LETS HEAR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

6stringer wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Kevin DuBrow intended to release it on DVD, but it was stolen. As it is, any real fan of Randy's is ecstatic to have it in the quality it is in now.
While you didn't quote me, this seems to be in direct response to my previous post. If not, feel free to correct me. I'm aware of Kevin's fiasco with the footage when it was stolen. I am happy to have it the way it is now, as it's still a significant upgrade over what I had. But, I stand by my statement. It's a shame that it was stolen, and didn't get the chance to receive a proper transfer. I hope that doesn't make me less of a fan? Image
Paul Wolfe wrote:The thing that gets me is how so many 'fans' bitch about the quality of what they get. Most of the older generation who were fans during Randy's lifetime are thrilled to get anything at all.
In that case, I'm glad that I fit into those criteria. I was a fan during Randy's lifetime, and I cherish my collection.Image

I didn't direct my comment at anyone in particular because I was making a statement regarding the subject in general. If you are my age then you should be able to see what I mean. Older fans are thrilled at anything, younger fans who are used to YouTube and Bit Torrents and getting everything for free tend to bitch about quality.

When the Quiet Riot shows first appeared I spent my money to get my copies... I couldn't have been more thrilled at the quality. Now they are available online for free and people bitch that they are too dark, etc.

When Ozzy releases this footage some will be thrilled and some will complain that it isn't hi-def perfection.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

honestly as long as it isnt pixalized im cool with whatever footage it is.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

very true paul!!!no disrespect to the younger fans at all..but whatever comes out i will be in heaven!!!!i do prefer analog compared to digital but hey i just want to see randy in a nice shot, full concert!!!!
6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

Paul Wolfe wrote: I didn't direct my comment at anyone in particular because I was making a statement regarding the subject in general. If you are my age then you should be able to see what I mean. Older fans are thrilled at anything, younger fans who are used to YouTube and Bit Torrents and getting everything for free tend to bitch about quality.

When the Quiet Riot shows first appeared I spent my money to get my copies... I couldn't have been more thrilled at the quality. Now they are available online for free and people bitch that they are too dark, etc.

When Ozzy releases this footage some will be thrilled and some will complain that it isn't hi-def perfection.
Fair enough, I took it that you were addressing some of the issues I brought up, and thought perhaps your comments were directed at me. No biggie, it's all good.

I hear ya though, when I starting collecting in the 80's, the internet was not an option. I used to go to record conventions to find stuff, making contacts along the way, and started trading through mailing lists. When I got internet in the 90's, that was the cat's ass. Being able to find other contacts with similar interests, made life much easier. But before broadband, there was still no such thing as downloading a show. The younger fans nowadays have had it MUCH easier than the guys who had to 'work' to track stuff down. I still cherish my case full of Maxell XLII's. 8)
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

I don't post much but I posted this over at .tk and felt it was appropriate to say it here, too.

In times like these, to help give myself some real perspective on RR footage that I (a serious fan) deserve, I keep in mind that there are only two known photos (possibly a 3rd) of blues great, Robert Johnson.....2 pictures only!

Every time I think of that, I realize just how lucky I am to have seen all the photos AND footage of Randy. Brings me back to reality quickly.

What luck that we have what we do!
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

I bet its capitol theatre does anyone know how to get a hold of the camera men it had listed on the site
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Cornelius

Post by Cornelius »

6stringer wrote:I still cherish my case full of Maxell XLII's. 8)
Nice! I've got the old XLII's here as well. Those were from the good dealers -- the dealers selling normal bias tapes were not to be trusted!
stress2stress2 wrote:In times like these, to help give myself some real perspective on RR footage that I (a serious fan) deserve, I keep in mind that there are only two known photos (possibly a 3rd) of blues great, Robert Johnson.....2 pictures only!

Every time I think of that, I realize just how lucky I am to have seen all the photos AND footage of Randy. Brings me back to reality quickly.
Excellent point. Another that comes to mind is Nick Drake: Nick put out three acoustic folk albums, and died in 1974 at age 26 -- not much older than Randy when he died. I got into Nick around 1997, and he's one of my favorite acoustic fingerstyle players.

Unfortunately, I can't watch him play, as there is no Nick Drake footage aside from home movies of him as a little kid. He never did any TV appearances, and nobody filmed or videotaped any of his gigs. He left only his recordings -- which are great. Compared to Nick, there's a wealth of visual material on Randy Rhoads.

As far as Randy goes, I'm always hopeful for new stuff, but I'm certainly grateful for what we've got. Like I said earlier, it's pretty miraculous we've got any footage from the Palladium considering the guy was there to film Motorhead. I'm glad he took the time to get a little of Ozzy's set, too. Even if it's not broadcast quality, it's a privilege to be able to look back in time at those guys.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

wow really 2 pics? dont they have his recordings at least?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Trigger wrote:It is one of the best audios but I would like to at least add the missing songs before we host it.
Ian,
But what if those 2 missing songs never come to surface? (if you need help to get it, let me know)
If you wanted to get it complete first why did you put it up there? This way it's just a tease to the people who want to hear it. People want to hear that show! And if it's missing two songs so bet it. They will appreciate it anyways!
This was passed on after the show was listed here, when Joe got the audio ready for the site we had plans to run Philly' through some sorfware that could remove many of the audio problems that exist with the already known recording. The very fact that a Philly place is listed is because when Joe was hosting the audio my part in it was to Make all the threads and add all the detail so Philly' was listed with all the Ozzy era shows because it seemed right to add all the known shows because I was listing them on here in order of dates.
When we couldn't improve Philly' it I thought about removing the link or just hosting the poor quality recording on site so at least members could hear this show and do as I did, and give up on it after a few minutes. The new version that is untainted only came to light more recently and is part of my hunt for further shows and had I not planned to add it on here I would not have mentioned it.
As you know Patrick I have many time constraints at the moment but both you and I wish to see changes here that will only better our services and audio is my main interest and focus.

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.