Claims of Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

awsome!! wonder what it could be. if he supposivly said he "thought it was palladium" then it was probably an early '81 show. which would be so cool. any chance its cleveland. i kinda want it to be and dont want it to be...
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

cableguyxx wrote:Awesome news Wyldeone! Thanks for asking! I hope you don't mind, I shared the news with credit to you of course, on rr.tk and facebook RR page. This is truly an amazing confirmation.
Not at all Cable you took well care of me over the years
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

RRfish wrote:wyldeone, what other questions would you have asked if you had more time ? I'm curious what any of you would have asked him ???
Probally on the location of the film? if it was black and white or color
I honesty think its the capitol theater show I know this was filmed. Im not new to this at all I been collecting whatever RR stuff I can get since 1983 and the footage road is one I been down for many years. I did locate the chicago and the palladium and make the trade back in 1985.
dmnjr
Cool Member

hey

Post by dmnjr »

To put the After Hours or ET question to rest, all someone has to do is ask. That would help nip that in the bud quickly.

I wish he was coming to STL to sign. I just bought the book today and am into the first chapter.

I will do my best to call into Rockline (isnt he on Feb 3rd?) and ask straight up. Is it a full concert?? Stop leaving us hanging!!! LOL
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

is he coming to nyc? if he is then i can go :)
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

[quote="wareagle"]is he coming to nyc? if he is then i can go :)[/quot

That was a few days ago.. he has 2 more in calif. then hes done
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

wyldeone wrote:Just got back from the Ozzy book signing outside chicago, Ozzy was really cool and talkative I was really suprised by this . I told him I am looking forward to seeing the Rhoads footage he found. He perked up and told me It was very good quality. I asked if it was pro And he said yes multi cameras. The he made the remark that he cant beleive after all these years how much intrest there still is in Randy. We should be seeing it soon. This is strait from the OLDman himself No B/S All the times I met Ozzy this was the only time he was really talkative. to bad I couldnt chat for a few more with him. I think anyone on this board going to the signings in Cali. should ask more questions
Dave thats great news and from the horses mouth as well. Is this footage going to be part of his film that Jack's putting together or is this a separate project ?.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

ahhh! missed it!
telemaster

Post by telemaster »

Great news, thanks for the info. Can't wait...... :lol:
Remedylane
Cool Member

Post by Remedylane »

wyldeone wrote:Just got back from the Ozzy book signing outside chicago, Ozzy was really cool and talkative I was really suprised by this . I told him I am looking forward to seeing the Rhoads footage he found. He perked up and told me It was very good quality. I asked if it was pro And he said yes multi cameras. The he made the remark that he cant beleive after all these years how much intrest there still is in Randy. We should be seeing it soon. This is strait from the OLDman himself No B/S All the times I met Ozzy this was the only time he was really talkative. to bad I couldnt chat for a few more with him. I think anyone on this board going to the signings in Cali. should ask more questions

Awesome Wyldeone! Thanks for lookin out for us.. Hopefully someone in Cali can ask a few more questions.. And just as ive been saying, even a burntout Ozzy knows the difference between After Hours, ET and something new and never seen. One thing that surprises me was Ozzys comment about how much interest there still is in Randy. That kinda surprises me. Maybe im being partial and biased being a fan of Randys.. But man, there is no question that Randy inspired thousands and thousands of people to play the guitar, or at the very least influenced thousands and thousands.. Im not surprised at all at the interest. Ive said all along that if Ozzy did have footage that it should be realeased for the fans. Who knows what all is out there, but I gurandamntee that there is more than anyone ever thought there was.. Why its being hidden from fans? Who knows.. But maybe this upcoming dvd will trigger more of it to come to light..

Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

wyldeone wrote:As I said before about The capitol theater film I collect Boot dvds and My friend in NY which was at the show he said the moniters were showing the concert (usually when the moniter feed is going its being filmed)
Hey Wyldeone,
Can you give some more details about how shows in the Capitol Theater usually were filmed? How many camera they had there and from which positions? Did they have some walking cam people in front of the stage?
Are there examples on youtube with footage from that venue? Thnx.

I strongly suspect that the Capitol show is also in Ozzy's vault.
btw somebody noticed that Ozzy is wearing a "Capitol Theatre" T-shirt during the After Hours interview.....
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

There is a website dedicated to the capital theatre which lists all the people who worked there over the years and there were a few camera men. there is also a forum there which might shed a bit more light on the subject, i have signed up about a week ago but waiting for a moderator to agree my signup. check it out below.
http://capitoltheatrepassaic.com/

Anyone in the area know any of these people.

Jas.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I just visited the site and it seems really good, they seem very dedicated to keeping the memory of the Passaic alive. 8) :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Um that QR footage is better quality than any Ozzy footage I've ever seen
You're making a joke right?
No, I wasn't.

After Hours is relatively the same quality level as the Quiet Riot shows. So is the the soundcheck video. Sure the QR shows are a bit dark, but they were filmed in the '70's in a dark building and even though they were professionally filmed, the equipment was more than likely not of the quality as used for, say, The Midnight Special.

Now then, the Chicago footage, the Palladium footage, even the ET footage I've seen isn't of a quality better than the QR shows.

As for what Mrs. Rhoads said in the '90's, it's been reported that her basis for questioning the quality was Randy's niece who was a young teen at the time who was used to MTV quality video. Compared to anything she knew, the QR stuff was crap.

However, Kevin DuBrow intended to release it on DVD, but it was stolen. It would have been 'done right' and would be killer stuff. As it is, any real fan of Randy's is ecstatic to have it in the quality it is in now. If Kevin was going to release it, then either Randy's mom was okay with it, or she has no say other than the guys going to her out of respect.

The thing that gets me is how so many 'fans' bitch about the quality of what they get. Most of the older generation who were fans during Randy's lifetime are thrilled to get anything at all. Randy's life predated the common use of computers and MTV, so a lot of the quality is going to be poor by today's blu-ray standard.

Not to mention, Ozzy was still relatively small potatoes at the time of Randy's death, so why would MTV keep the masters of the Best New Guitarist award or ET keep the dress rehearsal stuff? From a business point of view, they wouldn't. Maybe Ozzy has masters of all this stuff, but out of respect, he doesn't put it out. For those who like to think Ozzy was a huge draw in the early '80's, look at the lineup for the US Festival in '83: Quiet Riot, Mötley Crüe, Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest, Triumph, Scorpions, Van Halen. On the bill of the much talked about Day On the Green show in 1980, Ozzy and Randy were the #2 act at the start of the show and performed before Loverboy! He may be the godfather of metal now, but Ozzy was not big time in Randy's lifetime.

Glad to here Oz is talking about this stuff at book signings... now we've heard it's pro-quality, multiple cameras and possibly from Philly... any Philly boots? (I'm too lazy to go looking)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:multiple cameras and possibly from Philly... any Philly boots? (I'm too lazy to go looking)
Don't go to the audio section! :lol:

Thnx for explaining. Still I wonder about that story from Kevin loosing that QR footage master tapes....... How could he be so naive to send the master tapes? :? (why didn't he send good copies...... )
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.