Claims of Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

6stringer

Post by 6stringer »

Gus wrote:I agree with Jason & Wyldeone. The Pretenders were filmed at Passaic in September, 1980. Ozzy played there only half-a-year later, so Passaic was probably taped. But as Dutch says, Sharon may have gotten her hands on it. They may not have ever used it cos it would have been in black-and-white, like all the NJ footage from back then.
There has been color footage from Passaic, as far back as 1977. It may have been hit or miss as to what type of film stock they used, but it was usually black & white.

There's color footage on Youtube for:

Marshall Tucker Band 1977
Grateful Dead 11-24-78
Warren Zevon 10-1-82
Stevie Ray Vaughan 9-21-85

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_7TVjtztgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISBZvI-ef3o
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Color? That really would be great. They sometimes had the cameras in cool spots at Passaic. The Pretenders one I saw seemed to have one of the cameras located in the gap between the stage and the front row. At one point it filmed up at the bass player, Pete, as he leaned over the edge of the stage.
I hope it exists.
DMRX
Mass Poster

Post by DMRX »

Anything would be great
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Is there any way that we not just discuss the possibility of the existence of proshot concerts and actually find out where it would be and how to get it I think first we should try for the 7/4/81 show "Day on the Green"
I think that this one has the most probability
from what Ive heard it could be in Bill Grahm's archives
Does anyone know how we could have access to them?
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
FiddlePickr

Post by FiddlePickr »

Forgive me if this is a stupid or naive response, but wouldn't the people working on the documentary already have searched these places?
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Bill Graham died in a helicopter crash in 1991. His company 'Bill Graham Presents' eventually became 'Clear Channel' and then 'Live Nation'. So, the tricky part is figuring out what became of his archive after his death. Was his vault passed onto the new companies, or was it seen as his 'personal' property? The passage of time can muddy the waters in terms of who has what.
You would imagine that the doco people would have done a search like this. It would be good to know how many of the footage rumors they did check out.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Maybe Peter has a suprise handfull of footage and is just avoiding the subject because of it
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Holy Crap Gus that was cool a little disapointed about no rr but this is actual proof that more pro-shot footage was taken than after hours, et , 2 on the town, and rock report
have you been able to find any more info on the news that recorded this or anything that could help us to fing the rest???
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

From what I understand Bill Grahams archives are in his sons hands
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

i can't really make out what she says does she say the press was banned from it because it showed footage of in there?
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Axeman,

Wish I knew if the whole show was filmed, but I have no idea. It may have been one of those local news deals where they had permission to film like the first 2 songs.
She says that they weren't allowed inside to film the Buffalo show. That's why they used footage from MSG which had happened 4 days earlier.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Oh I get it now sweet Ill try to help in finding it, but i cant do that much i have school and live in dallas no where close to ny the best i can do is with the internet
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters.
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

TAB wrote:

he also had told me and this was years ago there was a lot more footage out there in certain circles of the RICH that only the ELITE were privey too. Zakk Wylde was also in this group.

I thnk Port Vale would have been a closer shot since they did film some of the other bands that day as we got the footage of Randy with Motorhead briefly. Though the claims were the camera film ran out when Ozzy was on..

Halorising on tk said that Captial theater was the show Ozzy may have seen. It's sad it's just taken all these years to finally get just a little something.

I believe you TAB. There are probably some wealthy and well-connected people who have rare footage, but sadly, they hoard it for themselves and their buddies.
I should add that not all people with rare stuff are this way. Rumors also suggest that some are just regular folks who think it's safer to keep quiet about what they've got rather than be inundated with requests.

So, now the talk is that Ozzy's show is indeed a New Jersey one :lol: Who'd've thunk it??? :lol:
Last edited by Gus on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TAB
Madman

Post by TAB »

poofters
Last edited by TAB on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.