Claims of Footage

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

honestly. i think were all in randy rhoads footage denial. theres no way they didnt. its just the $haron (no sharon is not a person. its a thing. it hasnt earned the rights to be called "humain" yet.) thats been keeping it, for whatever reason.

theres probably more footage then we could listen to.

the chelmsford show, which was a live album, tribute album, the 2 KING BISCUIT shows. these were pro recorded shows, easy to tell by the bootleg. and easy to know because they were the mr.crowley and over the mountain taken for et and all that. however the other '81 king biscuit probably is kept away bc ozzy;s voice is SHIT. it sounds like hes having a baby at some points.

other shows like day on the green, heavy metal holocost, im sure some with def leppard, most likely the long island one (i live there so id go crazy if its that one)

honestly i couldnt care less what show is released. just release it please. for ozzy id prefer a '80 or '81 show. for randy i couldnt care less. he was absolutly insane no matter what show, what year.

any festival ozzy played at was probably recorded. and whoever said that mrs.rhoads is afriad of getting screwed is right, if i was in anyway associated with working with $haron id just seal everything up.
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

I agree with you wareagle that all the pro-shot footage weve been after is with the O$bournes
I think that the live DVD later this year is just to test how much money that they can make off of it and if it meets their standards the O$bournes will probably release the motherload bits and pieces at a time
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
TheMrAxeman
Mass Poster

Post by TheMrAxeman »

Hey Gus could you tell us more about the Maddison Square Garden how did you get to see it?
Wanna trade boots? email randyrhoadsboots@gmail.com
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Axeman, I got it from a guy who I think must've taped it from a Buffalo, NY news broadcast when Ozzy was coming to play there. It's brief, but interesting.
Last edited by Gus on Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I remember Rudy Sarzo's words when he was asked about that Texas soundcheck footage, it was something like this:
"sometimes they were allowed to film the rest of the night and sometimes not"

Of course this was not Pro shot but still his comment sounded like it was not a 'unique' happening......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

Gus wrote:I also thought that Passaic was probably one of the best bets. But over at TK, I think Ironface contacted Peter Margolis, and PM contacted John Scher, and that tape doesn't exist, or at least it wasn't in the vault.... :shock:
Its a shame really as i have a video bootleg from the in house cameras of bruce springsteen there i thing that was 1978 but not really sure on the dsates. I now after bruces was recorded and came out to the bootleg community bruce made sure all other shows he played there the cameras were turned off, he didnt know it was being recorded at the time.
jasonmusicman
Cool Member

Post by jasonmusicman »

got curious after again reading about the capital theater concerts and found some images on a website of the programs from the ozzy shows. nort sure if they have been shown before

capitol theare 21/4/81

convention hall 15/8/81

Ive never seen these before.

Jas.
[/url]
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

As I said before about The capitol theater film I collect Boot dvds and My friend in NY which was at the show he said the moniters were showing the concert (usually when the moniter feed is going its being filmed) He does no the guy who has the bulk of these films But as of yet he has not found the Ozzy one But I think this exsist. There are a lot of RARE film coming out of this vault That noone thought exsisted. Also asbury park use in house cameras A few films from there surfaced. as far a Aragon ballroom I was there I didnt see one camera as far as Video just still cameras
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

TheMrAxeman wrote:Has anyone had contact with Lintball lately he stated this and disapeared according to what i have read here
I bought the first DVD Lintball had up on eBay with the soundcheck footage, and was in contact for a week or two, then he stopped responding. I personally believe it's because he had nothing more and was going to be found to be a fraud. I could be wrong, but based on my contact with him, that's the impression I got of him.
The Flying Dutchman

wyldeone wrote:As I said before about The capitol theater film I collect Boot dvds and My friend in NY which was at the show he said the moniters were showing the concert (usually when the moniter feed is going its being filmed) He does no the guy who has the bulk of these films But as of yet he has not found the Ozzy one But I think this exsist.
What I heard is that they always asked for permission to film. When the artist didn't want to be filmed they would film anyways and handed the tape over to the artist afterwards! I heard Sharon/Ozzy didn't give permission. So I think that one is also in Ozzy's vault. :wink:

Jason:
Cool stuff about those capital theater concerts, never seen before! Thnx! 8)
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

I agree with Jason & Wyldeone. The Pretenders were filmed at Passaic in September, 1980. Ozzy played there only half-a-year later, so Passaic was probably taped. But as Dutch says, Sharon may have gotten her hands on it. They may not have ever used it cos it would have been in black-and-white, like all the NJ footage from back then.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Gus wrote:I agree with Jason & Wyldeone. The Pretenders were filmed at Passaic in September, 1980. Ozzy played there only half-a-year later, so Passaic was probably taped. But as Dutch says, Sharon may have gotten her hands on it. They may not have ever used it cos it would have been in black-and-white, like all the NJ footage from back then.
Black and White is fine with me 8) although I seen shows on the TV here in Britain that were filmed in B&W and then were converted and had colour added 40 years after they were filmed. They do look slightly odd but they also look quiet nostalgic and I imaging a techicolor Randy would look amazing.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Gus
Cool Member

Post by Gus »

Agreed Trigger! Black & White be fine with me also. God it'd be good if the Osbournes got hold of everything that exists and put it out as a multidisc compilation, be it pro (color & B & W) or audience. 8) Please give us the Holy Grail, it's been a long Crusade.... :lol:
The Flying Dutchman

Gus wrote:it's been a long Crusade.... :lol:
When the 'crusade' is over I gonna quit here and take guitarlessons.......... :lol:
wyldeone
Cool Member

Post by wyldeone »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
TheMrAxeman wrote:Has anyone had contact with Lintball lately he stated this and disapeared according to what i have read here
I bought the first DVD Lintball had up on eBay with the soundcheck footage, and was in contact for a week or two, then he stopped responding. I personally believe it's because he had nothing more and was going to be found to be a fraud. I could be wrong, but based on my contact with him, that's the impression I got of him.
I to bought that footage from him and the same thing we emailed back and forth for about 2 weeks then nothing. I also offerd him a lot of $$ for any video he had