OZzy and Randy footage on DVD at the end of the year

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

FiddlePickr

Post by FiddlePickr »

Is that all we have as far as a press release goes? What does this mean for the doc? Will this footage be on the doc, or is it being hoarded just for the ozzy thing? I mean, either way, can't wait to see it...but I remember being so excited to buy a certain vhs a long time ago that promised on the back "ultra rare footage" of Randy, and it was just guitar solo clips from After Hours. Is this going to be built up to get us all to buy this new live dvd? Sorry so cynical, but after 28 years, and now 3 years of waiting for this doc...I'm just a little impatient!
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

im sure some stills will probably be released at some point before.
halo8th
Cool Member

Post by halo8th »

exciting.....but before i get too hopeful, all Ozzy said is i just saw "some" Randy footage that "i'll share with you on a live DVD later this year.
We don't know if this is 3 or 4 minutes of some footage, bad or good quality, or more.
Also, i took that as he'll be releasing a live DVD (probably of his own new tour), then throwing a few minutes of this as 'extra'. So i really don't want to get my hopes up at this point that its anything more than that.
Always hopeful of that long set of pro-shot footage though...its my white whale.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Long Live Randy!!

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:To be honest I think the '81 footage Ozzy suddenly 'discovered' is all part of plan B. (indicating there are indeed some problems with the doc....)
There is another possibility. Ozzy might have gotton wind of Peter's access cababilities and didn't want him to get first dips on this footage. There is an old saying,"Never let someone else get credit for what you already knew." I don't care about the drama of who knew what. The footage exists. That is all that matters. Ozzy wants to do what is right and release that footage. With the documentary either in limbo or creating friction with the Rhoads family the timing will always seem questionable in hind sight. This could be Ozzy's way of defending Randy's legacy. Maybe Delores called Ozzy and asked to help fight for Randy's honor. Either way, get ready to be blown away...
Last edited by RR-ElectricAngel on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

As with all things Randy these days, I'll believe it when I see it.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

wareagle wrote:idk. i mean if worst is worst this "new footage" is the chicago '82 on youtube along with the palladium '81 on youtube! but lets hope not.
I have a feeling (my hope) it's footage from the Day on The Green in Oakland, California on July 4, 1981. Don't know why I think that but that outdoor gig would be my pick.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
lyon76

Post by lyon76 »

I hope to god its pro, and i get to see mr. crowley and his guitar solo and tommy solo up close, holy shit i can only hope and children of the grave, because i love that solo in that song
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

There is something really funny about being utterly duped and a well meaning Ozzy releasing After Hours. I think I would buy it, crackopen a beer and think "sod it; cheers!"

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Here is a comment on this from KNAC.com... it mentions Ozzy's new record will not be titled Soul Sucka and should be released in July, could a DVD be released at the same time or will it be an 'enhanced' CD thing like Down to Earth?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Here is a comment on this from KNAC.com... it mentions Ozzy's new record will not be titled Soul Sucka and should be released in July, could a DVD be released at the same time or will it be an 'enhanced' CD thing like Down to Earth?
I have been a cynic when (and only when) it comes to anything to do with RR, I am going to hope for the best on this because we all know Ozzy is the only person/company who has or can do anything like this! I will just be hopefull and positive.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Hey, I'm happy with the Quiet Riot DVDs that surfaced a few years back... if more Randy video comes to light, great, if not, at least I've seen him in action in his formative years.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

Blabbermouth.com has Ozzy say it is definitely footage from 1981, as well another article says Oz will be on the Today Show (Morning News Program in U.S.) (NBC) Monday 25th as well as Wednesday 27th. Wonder if he'll say anything about the footage in those interviews ? Interesting turn of events ! :wink:
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »