Jackson and rhoads family announce true Concorde replica..

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

I wonder if the headstock is purpleish like randys, couldnt tell from the video
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

At least it's not $30 grand like the EVH guitar, but $12 grand is outrageous. The whole guitar industry is a joke these days, they only cater to the rich when it comes to the quality stuff.

It is possible to make exact duplicates cheaper than what they will admit. Not to mention, No one will know if this is exact, because none of us will ever play Randy's guitar.

I think it's nice that it is being done, but the price is outrageous in my opinion, as is the price for all the others - SRV, EVH, Clapton, etc. Those guys didn't pay outrageous sums for the guitars they made their music on, whys should the rest of us? I say buy a guitar for $1,000 or less and learn to play, then make your own music and stop supporting the guitar companies who rape musicians to line their own pockets.

Just my personal opinion.
FiddlePickr

Post by FiddlePickr »

Amen to that Paul! I had Les Pauls and a 100 watt marshall halfstack back in the 80's...sold them after a divorce. All of the guitars I have now cost between $350.00 and $450.00 and I love them. I would have to have ALOT of disposable income before I would spend that much on a guitar...
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Paul Wolfe wrote:At least it's not $30 grand like the EVH guitar, but $12 grand is outrageous. The whole guitar industry is a joke these days, they only cater to the rich when it comes to the quality stuff.

It is possible to make exact duplicates cheaper than what they will admit. Not to mention, No one will know if this is exact, because none of us will ever play Randy's guitar.

I think it's nice that it is being done, but the price is outrageous in my opinion, as is the price for all the others - SRV, EVH, Clapton, etc. Those guys didn't pay outrageous sums for the guitars they made their music on, whys should the rest of us? I say buy a guitar for $1,000 or less and learn to play, then make your own music and stop supporting the guitar companies who rape musicians to line their own pockets.

Just my personal opinion.
Agreed

As I think i've mentioned before, i have no interest whatsoever in limited run guitars.

Especialy when they cost more than my annual income :lol: :P

Rob
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

If I buy this new guitar from the music store, do you think they will include a free pedal?

Image[/url]
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Any limited edition with Randy's name on is a money spinner. I remember the figures of RR when they first came out you could pick them up for $50 they are selling for $250 - $300 for a plastic/resin figure. But like Matt says you could build these for a lot less. It's just the limited number which will sell to the people who have the cash.
ncm

Post by ncm »

So with the price of a proper replica being 12k, do you think this greedy bastard will drop the price of this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-Jackson-LTD- ... 255577d093

He is also selling a les paul standard that michael jacksons brother played and wants $185,000.00 :lol: :lol: :lol:
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

I was told by the fender reps that all 30 of thises guitars sold out in ten minutes. There was no sale of anything randy in San Fran. Don't know where that rumer came from. I will say this, though, The Rhoads family and I were treated first class by the fender people. I will have a major announcement in the next couple of weeks regarding all things Randy. And boy, are you guys gonna like it!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'm glad you were treated well by them Kelly. I was pretty sure the guitars would sell out quickly and the average fan wouldn't have a shot at one, that's one of the reasons I don't take much interest in these kids of things. I do hope they do a video of the creation of it like they did with the EVH and Clapton replicas, though.
FiddlePickr

Post by FiddlePickr »

Oh god, I hate being teased! What is it? What are we going to like? Is there finally some news about the doc? I can't wait weeks...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

krgarni wrote:I will have a major announcement in the next couple of weeks regarding all things Randy. And boy, are you guys gonna like it!
Let it be the 'St Louis' show! :twisted:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Collectibles arent contrived or designed.
A collectible becomes so due to unintended circumstance.For instance a manufactured defect or legal or unintended limited production.IE the beatles butcher cover album,an upside down stamp,a wrongly minted coin that is pulled from circulation,a fender played by jimi hendrix,evh,a hemi cuda convertible.

Although i hate all the relic guitars with a passion like evh,clapton,srv garbage relics,i dont mind the rr relics cuz they are actually quality set-neck axes.The pcs run didnt try to exactly emulate each cigarette burn and scrape like the evh or srv axes-to me this relicing seems a little stalker like and lame as heck.

Those evh relics have lost 40% of their value already.

Although i like the pcs runs i dont know why they have gone in value since they are the only relics that have done so.Maybe cuz they arent contrived exact copies?You can be sure this wont be the last limited edition rr guitar.If i wanted one i would get a luthier to make me one for 2k.
12k is not a musicians guitar,its a bankers axe.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I agree that collectibles are manufactured these days and really aren't collectible. To me, collectible stuff is stuff that has value to you. 'Collecting' to sell and make money is ridiculous in my opinion - and that includes fancy-schmancy art collectors. These things were created to enjoy, not be left untouched and unseen and unheard.
Last edited by Paul Wolfe on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

I'm still waiting on his Les Paul to get the treatment from the Custom Shop. Not that I'll buy one, but I would love to play one.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC
krgarni
Cool Member

Post by krgarni »

Wish I could give you good news about the film but I know absolutley nothing about it. I do hope it comes out for all of the fans sake, and I hope it turns out to be a good piece of work. My surprise is quite different.