Picture editing...

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Shockwave
Mass Poster

Picture editing...

Post by Shockwave »

So with all this talk again of footage from DOTG and HMH i was thinking a really good way to get an idea of if these shows were actually filmed would be to find out where the cameras were actually placed for other concerts that were recorded there.

When something is pro shot multiple times over the course of multiple years or even months. Usually you will find the recording cameras in the same locations, or at least most of them.

So i ask of you to help me in this search of other shows that took place at these venues around the same time and find out where the cameras were placed. I would figure anywhere from 76-to 86 would be the ideal shows to look for.

This would make it much easier when looking through photographs of these Ozzy concerts cause we could actually look were we are supposed to be looking for cameras. I know if there was something glaring right in our faces from the pictures we would see it. But what if in one of these pictures there is something that looks like a camera. It would be great to actually cross reference it with another show to see if they actually placed cameras there!

As for the DOTG shot, where i nthe other thread i mention that to the left of what people thought may look like a camera i said looks like a old TV style video recorder on a base which has an angle to it.

Somone said it looks like a person bending over, to me it looks like a camera, i inncreased the contrast and brightness among the midtone and heres what i got.

I know i can get the pic below much better, i will have to install corel photo studio again. I will start playing with the pics more then and get better overall results
Attachments
Capture.JPG
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

Re: Picture editing...

Post by RhoadsRockPhotographer »

JMPMKII wrote:So with all this talk again of footage from DOTG and HMH i was thinking a really good way to get an idea of if these shows were actually filmed would be to find out where the cameras were actually placed for other concerts that were recorded there.

When something is pro shot multiple times over the course of multiple years or even months. Usually you will find the recording cameras in the same locations, or at least most of them.

So i ask of you to help me in this search of other shows that took place at these venues around the same time and find out where the cameras were placed. I would figure anywhere from 76-to 86 would be the ideal shows to look for.

This would make it much easier when looking through photographs of these Ozzy concerts cause we could actually look were we are supposed to be looking for cameras. I know if there was something glaring right in our faces from the pictures we would see it. But what if in one of these pictures there is something that looks like a camera. It would be great to actually cross reference it with another show to see if they actually placed cameras there!

As for the DOTG shot, where i nthe other thread i mention that to the left of what people thought may look like a camera i said looks like a old TV style video recorder on a base which has an angle to it.

Somone said it looks like a person bending over, to me it looks like a camera, i inncreased the contrast and brightness among the midtone and heres what i got.

I know i can get the pic below much better, i will have to install corel photo studio again. I will start playing with the pics more then and get better overall results

I'm convinced that if you were looking for Sasquatch in that picture you'd find a way to figure out where he was hiding within the soundboard area.

I can guarantee you for a 100% fact that NO VIDEO (unless it was a less than 5 minute reel of Super 8 movie film without sound) was taken on 07/04/81 at that DOTG show - of Ozzy or anyone else, for that matter.

When shows were pro-shot at the DOTG shows the cameras were WAY THE HELL UP by the stage (on the same side of the barrier as the stage) and they were EXTREMELY LARGE ones, not hand-held.

Why trust me, though. I was only there.
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

RhoadsRockPhotographer, I am so glad you had that wonderful experience. Did you travel on the road with Randy ,as his professional photographer ? How exciting that time was ! Do you have any photos of that event that you might share with us ? :lol:

And since you are the "RhoadsRockPhotographer", I suspect you may have other photos of our Randy that you might like to contribute ! Maybe some candid shots, that we have never seen ?

Maybe, shots from other events or on the road! :wink: It would be absolutely delightful ,and truly appreciated, if you would be willing to share your creativity with us ! :lol: We all will be looking forward to you're future contributions !

Cheers ! :fish:
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

RRfish wrote:Did you have any photos of that event that you might share with us ? :lol:
Yeah, clown ... I already have.

What are you ... 12?
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

I have no idea who you are, and thought I posed my questions politely ! Your response is quite perplexing, and actually not called for at all ! :?
In fact some might say it was rude, but I will let that go. Not actually twelve, at all, in fact Randy, and I went to school together.

One of Randy's favorite songs was "Send in the Clowns". :lol:

I am sorry if you feel offended by my inquiring as to your creativity.

Cheers! :fish:
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

RRfish wrote:I have no idea who you are, and thought I posed my questions politely !
Actually, you didn't. Unless you consider the use of laughing emoticons to not be condescending after the questions that preceded them.

Anyway ... I'll let anyone else decide who was the "rude" acting one.
RRfish
Madman

Post by RRfish »

RRP: I considered the happy smiling faces to mean, we all would be pleased and happy if you would contribute some of your photos. That"s all nothing more ! Smiling faces remind many of joy, happiness and good will. I am sorry if you read something else into it. My sincere apologies. And I will remember never to request anything of you again. Cheers ! :fish:
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

This is a happy smiling face emoticon (top row, far left): :D

This is a laughing emoticon (2nd row, far right): :lol:

They denote very different meanings when added after a statement. Just a FYI.

Apology accepted and all forgotten.

My RR photos are all contained in this thread:

http://ultimaterhoads.com/viewtopic.php?t=746&start=60
romeorose
Cool Member

Post by romeorose »

It's a good thing we ain't in gangs like the crips * bloods, or someone could have gotten a cap popped in their ass for wearing the wrong color, or in this case using the wrong smiley, hahaha!

Just like the pirates in this ship, we is all on the edge & can't get along without fighting for shit.

haha,

this is exactly what i was talking about how easily misunderstanding on the internet happen and mountains are made of molehills, real life face to face & body language is so much better.

haha

Romeo
For Sale, cream w gold hardware 1985 Gibson Les Paul Custom guitar just like Randy Rhoads with case $1,800 obo. 1976 MXR Dist+ $150 70's MXR Stereo Chorus $150 call me if interested Romeo Rose 304-633-6734
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

romeorose wrote:It's a good thing we ain't in gangs like the crips * bloods, or someone could have gotten a cap popped in their ass for wearing the wrong color, or in this case using the wrong smiley, hahaha!
True dat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CeidLMjW0I
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

You may have not seen any there, but there are people who said they have that have been there also...

This thread does not pertain to just these two shows anyway, it can be from any of the venues they played.

I do appreciated your time though as a photographer for Randy rhoads in the early 80s
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Dave you went to a few of the Oakland colisseum DOTG shows. Do you remember which ones ended up on film. At the time did they film the shows for TV or for video sales ?. The Bill Graham promoted concerts got plenty coverage and alot of them did get filmed and photographed. I was reading an article about some warehouse and all this memorabilia from BG concerts being found. This was after Billy had died it was just full of advertising posters, film and photographs etc. Wolfgangsvault.com i think thats who ended up with the contents he paid a few million for the stock with the potential that it was worth 10 million plus. But alas no footage of the Ozzy DOTG :cry:
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Picture editing...

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

JMPMKII wrote:As for the DOTG shot, where i nthe other thread i mention that to the left of what people thought may look like a camera i said looks like a old TV style video recorder on a base which has an angle to it.
Like I said in the other DOTG topic, it looks like small screen to me as well. And if they would film from there, how many people would notice it? Nice research!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
RhoadsRockPhotographer
Cool Member

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Dave you went to a few of the Oakland colisseum DOTG shows. Do you remember which ones ended up on film.
I probably went to 4-5 DOTG shows between 1978 and 1985 (most of those being between '81 and '85). The 07/04/81 show was my 2nd DOTG show.

My "last" DOTG in 1985 which was headlined by Scorpions was definitely filmed (by someone). How do I know? Because normally when they filmed concerts they used BIGASS (that's a technical term, btw) professional cameras (which were set up on tripods practically ON the stage) like you would see today at a televised college/professionalfootball game. They ruined my photo sightline by being in the way for any show I was ever at which WAS being "filmed."

I can count the number on one hand (which WERE filmed) during the 8 years I attended most of the concerts I saw in OR, WA and CA.