Guarding Randy Rhoads' Legacy

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Guarding Randy Rhoads' Legacy

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

This amp business and peoples opinions on where Randy's possessions should end up, has gotten me thinking.

Is there a museum that can/could house Randy's effects?
With all respects to Delores, she is nearer the end than the beginning in her life, so even if something is given back to her, it may not be for long :cry:

I know it could then be passed to brothers sisters. But my point is while Randy is special to us fans, and his immediate family, for his long term (over 100 years) legacy to be sustained, keeping it in the family is still a risk as a future generation may not share the significance of it.

I think for Randy to really be remembered in the next century and the century after that when all his family, ex band mates and fans have passed on action needs to be taken now.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Honestly,its to expensive to store and insure that equipment.
Im sure the family could put the money from the sale of his guiatrs to much better use.Keeping the music school going for instance,the scholarship fund,and their own personal needs.

Maybe ozzy or some other rich musician could make a museum or something but they would really have to be a big fan and very generous.
Im amazed ozzy and sharon havent come forward with such a proposal-NOT!!!!!It is randy that gave them their current success.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I think Randy's songs being played on the radio over the next few decades is more important to his legacy than where his personal things are kept (ie, a museum).
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LOVEBANDITS

Post by LOVEBANDITS »

i agree what was Randy's should be in possesion of his family,not some cockroach on ebay!!
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/LOVEBANDITSBAND
frankus

Post by frankus »

NicDots wrote:I think Randy's songs being played on the radio over the next few decades is more important to his legacy than where his personal things are kept (ie, a museum).
i see your point there.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I don't have a problem with RR's belonings being held in private hands as longs as those who hold them will share them with those who wish to see them.
In the future RR will be seen as much more than a guitarist, he will be viewed alonside other great composers of music and if his tools are left hidden away and lost this will make creating the conditions far an academic overview of Randal Willian Rhoads much harder.

I think the practice amp isn't as important as the Amp's, Speakers, Guitars, Chip pan and his body of written work.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Randy's contribution to the musical world will stand the test of time. The 25th anniversary of his passing is a good microcosm of Randy's fame and influence and how strong they still remained said a lot for how strong they'll be in the future. It would be a very cool thing if his equipment and guitars were able to find a climate controlled, secure and permanent home. It is a shame that there was aging damage to some of his gear. Did the Rhoads family have any of it restored at all?
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
zennman
Cool Member

Post by zennman »

What do you all think about the long term effects of having those 2002 remasters out there.
Six_Strung_Out
Cool Member

Post by Six_Strung_Out »

Music is meant to be heard and not seen.

When I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum there was a Hammond B-3 that was used in the original Allman Brothers live concerts and recordings. I stepped over the security ropes and hammered my hands down on the double keyboards---the organ made a strange spring sound (even though it was not plugged in).

Relics just do not do it for me.....What a waste of a beautiful Hammond.

Randy's music lives in my head without relics. Museums are very depressing to me (even though they have never made ME depressed. I know other people dig the stuff of legend and legacy. I do not.

Mrs. Deloris Rhoads created a most beautiful and talented son---and his creativity shall always shine on those who listen. Randy's particular equipment are not Randy's soul. His music is untouchable----so why try to see or touch his musical equipment. The hands of a maestro should never be cast in stone---just enjoy his musical spirit and leave the materialism alone.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

NicDots wrote:I think Randy's songs being played on the radio over the next few decades is more important to his legacy than where his personal things are kept (ie, a museum).
I agree in the next few decades, but what about the next few centuries?

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

zennman wrote:What do you all think about the long term effects of having those 2002 remasters out there.
not good, Napoleon put it well...

"history is the version of past events that people have decided to agree upon"

Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:
I agree in the next few decades, but what about the next few centuries?

Matt
I don't think anyone can ensure that Randy's legacy can continue that long. As they say, time will tell!
I personally think that Crazy Train will be a song that people will always be familiar with, even hundreds of years from now.
Cyranobob

Post by Cyranobob »

Trigger wrote:I don't have a problem with RR's belonings being held in private hands as longs as those who hold them will share them with those who wish to see them.
In the future RR will be seen as much more than a guitarist, he will be viewed alonside other great composers of music and if his tools are left hidden away and lost this will make creating the conditions far an academic overview of Randal Willian Rhoads much harder.

I think the practice amp isn't as important as the Amp's, Speakers, Guitars, Chip pan and his body of written work.
To this I will agree - and I'm the guy who's been inputting the 'Hey, I was there when we made the practice amp' stuff. One of my ex-band buddies is a true Randy fan (and a hell of a guitarist himself), and he was blown away away that I had a hand in the crafting of that little item - yet I know his inspiration all along has been the music RR created on the neck of whatever guitar he was playing thru whatever-the-hell-amp he was using. I am very pleased to know that Randy is appreciated now, not merely for being a rock star, but for bringing something inspirational to the jaded rock world - just like Eddy VH did in 1978. Rock museums are, as others here have noted, a one-dimensional and faceless attempt to document the passion those artifacts communicated, yet I also hate to see those objects used for ill-gotten profits or left somewhere to collect dust. What to do with them - that's a good question. what I do know is that when my band (RAZU) opened for Quiet Riot back in those club days, I easily sensed that Rudy and (especially) Randy were on their way to somewhere big - not something everybody gets to be a part of.
But our guitars did sound better. You shoulda been there.
Sometimes I'm glad just to be standing here.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Cyranobob wrote:
Trigger wrote:I don't have a problem with RR's belonings being held in private hands as longs as those who hold them will share them with those who wish to see them.

To this I will agree - and I'm the guy who's been inputting the 'Hey, I was there when we made the practice amp' stuff. One of my ex-band buddies is a true Randy fan (and a hell of a guitarist himself), and he was blown away away that I had a hand in the crafting of that little item - yet I know his inspiration all along has been the music RR created on the neck of whatever guitar he was playing thru whatever-the-hell-amp he was using. I am very pleased to know that Randy is appreciated now, not merely for being a rock star, but for bringing something inspirational to the jaded rock world - just like Eddy VH did in 1978. Rock museums are, as others here have noted, a one-dimensional and faceless attempt to document the passion those artifacts communicated, yet I also hate to see those objects used for ill-gotten profits or left somewhere to collect dust. What to do with them - that's a good question. what I do know is that when my band (RAZU) opened for Quiet Riot back in those club days, I easily sensed that Rudy and (especially) Randy were on their way to somewhere big - not something everybody gets to be a part of.
But our guitars did sound better. You shoulda been there.
I bet those club days were a magical time!! Cheers to you!!!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!