The whereabouts of Randy Rhoads; a site analysis.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

If I remember the autopsy documents correctly, the cause of death was massive brain trauma due to impact. So answer your question Dweebs, I don't think there was much suffering to be had. I think that with the explosion of the plane, most of the oxygen within the plane would have been evaporated and suffocation would have happened pretty quickly.

Wow, talk about morbid.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

thank you Nicole

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:Hi Jay

That is the first time I have read anything about what happened. The three of them really suffered. I wonder if they would have died before the suffering, ie unconscious?

Cheers ):

Matt
Yeah Matt i think it would of been over in a flash, it would of been like a bomb going off. The pieces of plane that were found were no bigger then a 'telephone'. Apart from the wing which came off before the impact. I'm still trying to think what happened to the pic of the damage done to the tour bus. I cannot remember if i seen it on the Seven Ages of Rock programme. Which was just on the TV recently but i cannot remember seeing anything about that ??.
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

Nobody would have felt a thing when the plane hit the house,I believe there would have been the holy crap moment when they clipped the bus and cartwheeled for a second then nothing.Even after seeing all the pics I cannot imagine how the bus was situated so the plane could buzz beside it ???As a side note I own property backing onto a small /medium airport and watch planes do touch and goes from my deck all the time,my Dad was a pilot and a friend of mine is now a commercial airline pilot and when i discuss the accident with them it's the same answer...no accident done on purpose whether to impress or scare the onlookers/passengers or ????Just plain stupid move .Always wondered if AA had a score to settle??and what went on the night before in the bus to maybe piss him off..I'm sure the coke didn't help????Her's a bunch more pics of the mansion
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... Id=1134932
shanic
Cool Member

Post by shanic »

Ok so for even more morbid horrifying bits and piece’s, there was a thread awhile ago on .tk where in an interview with one of the person’s that witnessed the crash said that the person he was with was actually taking pictures at the time. Anyhow he said that Randy and the pilot where arguing fighting at the time of the crash. I take this to mean that as Randy did not like to fly he would have been very upset that the pilot was dive bombing the bus and would have been doing all he could to stop that madness.
I would also assume that the photographer would have been using a camera with a decent lens to see this happening. Or was it possible the plane past so close to the ground the where able to see the cockpit well enough.

The long and the short of it what a waste of life and what a horrible way for your family to know how you died.

To tell the truth I don’t think information of a sensitive nature like that of the crash report and autopsy should be made public, I mean how would you feel if someone in your family died and the information was made public in such a way. A couple years ago when I read the autopsy I regretted doing so there are several things that I could have lived quite happily without knowing. It is the morbid curiosity of those that have no real rite to know that always demand such things to be made public.

It just goes shows that I’m no better than anyone else I guess!
JAY
Cool Member

Post by JAY »

It was Don Airey who took the pics with a regular camera,and handed them to NTSB(The day the music died section has a copy I believe)as for witnessing a fight ......bs...... at 180mph low to the ground any one fighting for control of the stick would make things(the flight) worse.How could you see that on the ground maybe you could see the passengers faces for a split second....maybe and how would Randy fight for control he never liked flying and I assume never flew a plane before.Just thinking the beechcraft Bonanza planes may have controls(not a central stick) for both pilot and co pilot i will check that out???
Here is the same plane !! you can see the controls and interior.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIL96vdrNqk
And here is the kind of flying that killed Randy tell me if you would be able to see whats going on in the cockpit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLr-Mi6x ... re=related
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

shanic wrote: Anyhow he said that Randy and the pilot where arguing fighting at the time of the crash. I take this to mean that as Randy did not like to fly he would have been very upset that the pilot was dive bombing the bus and would have been doing all he could to stop that madness.
I would also assume that the photographer would have been using a camera with a decent lens to see this happening. Or was it possible the plane past so close to the ground the where able to see the cockpit well enough.
I find that to be very "fantastic" for the reason ^^.

That guy is full of it.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Scars

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I'm wondering if in the most recent photos of the mansion there still scars on the trees where the accident occurred. Have they been all erased? I know when a lightning bolt strikes a tree there are burns or scars which last for years. Are there any left after all these years?
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote: Yeah Matt i think it would of been over in a flash, it would of been like a bomb going off. The pieces of plane that were found were no bigger then a 'telephone'. Apart from the wing which came off before the impact. I'm still trying to think what happened to the pic of the damage done to the tour bus. I cannot remember if i seen it on the Seven Ages of Rock programme. Which was just on the TV recently but i cannot remember seeing anything about that ??.
According Tommy Aldrigde at first the outline of the plane was still visible through the flames, but that wasn't for long. So the impact itself at first didn't cause the plane to be divided into pieces no bigger than a 'telephone'.

*If you want I can dig up that pic of the tourbus damnage. If I remember correctly it was publiced in a GW edition as well. Hear it.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
hempdiddy

Post by hempdiddy »

God bless Randy Rhoads.
bayday513

Post by bayday513 »

My first post/reply on the site. I had the opportunity to visit the crash site on 7/13/09. It was the first time there for me, although I lived less than 6 miles from the site for 12 years. The thoughts and feelings of actually being at the site of such a tragedy that has affected so many are undescribeable. The site is so quite, peacefull, and tranquil, its hard to imagine the accident happening in such a place. I took a few photos of the mansion and would be willing to share if anyone would care to see them.
The Flying Dutchman

bayday513 wrote:The site is so quite, peacefull, and tranquil, its hard to imagine the accident happening in such a place.
Remember I felt exactly the same....
Welcome aboard! (photos are always welcome! )
bayday513

Post by bayday513 »

Thank you for the welcome. Here are a few pics I took, all 3 are similar just slightly different. The vantage point is as close at I could get without trespassing which I didnt feel appropriate.
I hope everyone enjoys these. Any questions or comments are welcome.
Bayday513
Attachments
004.JPG
003.JPG
002.JPG
The Flying Dutchman

Thnx! 8)
SwedenRockMag

Re:

Post by SwedenRockMag »

Hi!

Can anyonyone tell me who took these pictures?

Sweden Rock Magazine (www.swedenrockmagazine.com) is working a big Randy Rhoads "In memoriam"-article and we'd like to publish these pictures. We'd like to contact the photographer to see if this is alright.

Please e-mail me at thomas@swedenrock.com if you can provide any kind of information.

Thanks in advance!
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Good work hempdiddy those pics are the one's i have seen before i remember the wing photo and the front view of the mansion.