The whereabouts of Randy Rhoads; a site analysis.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

SPTiger wrote: I used to work in the funeral business and I worked at the funeral home that arranged the services and burial of Elvis Presley. Every August (and occasionally during the year) people would come by the funeral home and want to come in and see the table Elvis was embalmed on. Now that's weird.
That is grim :shock: I don't think going to see the place RR's accident happened is in that leaque at all! :?
When I find myself close to the site I will also stop by to pay my respects to a person who's life, work and charector I admire and respect.
I have visited places that RR mentions with regard to his early stays in Britain because I live close by and I was near carrying out other business.

The very idea of wishing to see where RR was laid out for recognition or to be readied for burial is so ghoolish to me. I can't imagine how creepy that must have felt for you and those who you worked with.
I wouldnt even want to see a photograph of the table where Randy rested but it sounds like these Elvis ghouls would even trsure pictures of Elvis laid out on it!! I am getting creeped out just thinking about it :? :shock:

And welcome to the site SPTiger I am delighted you are enjoying looking around.

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
SPTiger

Post by SPTiger »

Trigger wrote:
SPTiger wrote: I used to work in the funeral business and I worked at the funeral home that arranged the services and burial of Elvis Presley. Every August (and occasionally during the year) people would come by the funeral home and want to come in and see the table Elvis was embalmed on. Now that's weird.
That is grim :shock: I don't think going to see the place RR's accident happened is in that leaque at all! :?
When I find myself close to the site I will also stop by to pay my respects to a person who's life, work and charector I admire and respect.
I have visited places that RR mentions with regard to his early stays in Britain because I live close by and I was near carrying out other business.

The very idea of wishing to see where RR was laid out for recognition or to be readied for burial is so ghoolish to me. I can't imagine how creepy that must have felt for you and those who you worked with.
I wouldnt even want to see a photograph of the table where Randy rested but it sounds like these Elvis ghouls would even trsure pictures of Elvis laid out on it!! I am getting creeped out just thinking about it :? :shock:

Ian
Hey, I appreciate being welcomed here. :D

Yes, it was very creepy to have people want to come in and see where Elvis had been. Fortunately by law no one other than employees were allowed in that part of the facility where I worked. That building no longer exists, having been demolished when we moved to a new location back in '98. Oddly enough the alleged table Elvis was on was supposedly sold to a funeral museum in Texas. I helped load it onto a truck. I was told to mark the table somehow to distinguish it from the others so I spray painted a big letter "E" on the bottom of it. :?

Sorry to drift off topic. :?
hempdiddy

Post by hempdiddy »

Thanks to all for the kudos I've received for posting these pics.

Take a look at the photos below! This is really fascinating. The top pic is from 1982 and is taken from the house facing north and the 2009 pic (below) is from the north facing south. Here, whats highlighted are only trees, but when you think about it, it really is something to see how nature has carried on, but a brilliant human life wasn't able to.

27 years later and life, humbly, for some goes on...

Whoopiecat, when you mention the pics that Jerry Calhoun allowed to be taken on the "tk" site, which site do you mean? Can you help me find the old post? I'm very interested...

Thanks all -
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

SPTiger wrote:
Trigger wrote:

Ian
Hey, I appreciate being welcomed here. :D

Yes, it was very creepy to have people want to come in and see where Elvis had been. Fortunately by law no one other than employees were allowed in that part of the facility where I worked. That building no longer exists, having been demolished when we moved to a new location back in '98. Oddly enough the alleged table Elvis was on was supposedly sold to a funeral museum in Texas. I helped load it onto a truck. I was told to mark the table somehow to distinguish it from the others so I spray painted a big letter "E" on the bottom of it. :?

Sorry to drift off topic. :?
I remember the old Ozzyhead site used to have Randy's autopsy reports. I read them, not necessarily cause of Randy, but cause I am interested in human physiology and pathology. Looking back though...I'd say that has a certain level of creepiness though, my interest in science nowithstanding.

As for where Randy died and his burial site, I don't reckon I'll ever go there. I don't even go to the burial sites of my good friends that have died over the years or long gone family members. It's not my thing. But for Randy, it's kind of different. I didn't know him. For some reason, I'd just feel really out of place.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Nicole

I think we said once that someday Suzie and I will go with you on a special visit without all the people around.
That seems nice. That aside I didn't know him and feel the same completely.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Matthew wrote:Hi Nicole

I think we said once that someday Suzie and I will go with you on a special visit without all the people around.
That seems nice. That aside I didn't know him and feel the same completely.
I'd not feel nearly out of place with my fellow Dweebs around!
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:Thanks for the pics!
Been there myself long time ago, understand your feelings.....
Pat what are your memories of being there ? did you get close to the air strip or the mansion house ?.
As close as one can get. To be honest I did Randy's trip there :oops:, but not from the 'Flying Baron' but another airport in Leesburg. I did because I wanted to get a good overview of that place there. We didn't have google earth then. I took many pics on the ground but also from out of the air. I learned afterwards that Randy went up for the same reason, to take some pictures........ I was a little upset afterwards since I realized how unlucky Randy was with that pilot just screwing up. One can go up 10000 times and it never goes wrong. But he did just one time and BANG........ !!!! :x I don't think we would be here all together if he didn't do that plane ride that dramatic day in Leesburg. So lots of mixed feelings here...... Life can be weird for sure. Just happened to be there while on holiday, did what I had to do, and I don't think I will ever go there again.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Emotional Response

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

I don't think it's morbid to ask questions about the crash. I'm surprised at how much is not explained. I Googled it by satellite and discovered there were no street views. They stop half way down Youngs Road (the Dead End road Ozzy talks about) and/or Airline Road. The airport is private and they don't want anyone messing around with conspiracy theories or the like. I am still fascinated by the whole incident. I lived in Orlando in 1989-1993. I never got the chance to visit the site. I did get the news footage of the accident from Channel 5. They charged me $100.00 I think we should have a serious discussion about the accident in terms of where things were. So far, I get the sense the bus was facing west 15 yards from the front of the mansion. I also believe it was something like 92 yards south of the airstrip (which is angled down approximately 30 degrees from left to right). I would like to see the flight pattern that the Bonanza took during flight. I've read that it was in a left banking direction moving generally in the Southwest direction. It would really help my curiosity about the incident. What side was the attached garage on? On the top side facing Northwest?
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
hempdiddy

Post by hempdiddy »

Yes, garage on the "top side" facing northwest.
hempdiddy

Post by hempdiddy »

Does anyone have the pics from the Archive post on the "tk" site by Danno? The pics aren't up anymore. DOES ANYBODY HAVE THEM?!?!

Thanks.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

whoopiecat wrote:Try to send Danno a pm, he may have a flicker account or something...if anyone had them, they'd be on here somewhere by now.

T.
I am friends with him on facebook, I will pass this on

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

I'll check and see what the problem is on putfile. I was looking at those pics not long ago and all was fine.

I thought I had posted the same story and pictures here. If it is okay with the mods I'll do just that.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...