Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

Re: 1975

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I just dug out a DVD of footage from the Kelly Garni Quiet Riot era and, although the sound quality sucks and the video isn't great, I find it fascinating to watch Randy jamming at a backyard party back in '75 when he was 18... the picture below was taken at the party where the film was shot. It's listed as Sherman Oaks in 1975.
Hey Paul,
How much playtime is tthat footage?
I have some very bad quality footage of that same gig on an old video tape, but it's just a few seconds if I remember correct......
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:I have a really poor version of this that is so bad I havd only ever switched off after a few moments.
I hadn't even realised that Kelli was in it! I imagine Kelli could shed some light on it and I know that he does stop by VERY often to see what posted here. Maybe he can give us some background to this location and event.

Randy does look like he was going places though, that is pure rock star. 8)
Yeah the quality of mine sucks, too.... the DVD is full of all the clips later used in the Picking Up the Pieces video, and they are crystal clear there, so I'm sure a better version exists.
hempdiddy

Post by hempdiddy »

This would make his LP pretty much brand new, no?
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:lol: I have this "gig" on old vhs too, quality wasn´t the geatest as far I recall, haven´t watched it for ages, should take a look, maybe today...
Mikel
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

yh his lp would be new? didnt he get it in 74? that vid there is prob the whitest youll see it! lol

yeahh!