Any news on the movie?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

in regards to interviews, Peter has always been pushing his time it seems, who hasn't he interviewed?! Makes for interesting speculation though, its hard to imagine what the film will cover exactly given the running time vs amount of content.

Rob
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Let me finish by saying I enjoy the company of the good folks, (that time I mean all of you!) that post here...members and admin/mods alike.
This place indeed has a feel of a group of buddies that can have good conversation, break eachother's balls, disagree with one another, and everyone is ok the next day. This is indeed a community.
Thank you for that.

Tom
Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Alex

I am really sad to hear it has affected you like that :(

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

whoopiecat wrote: Let me finish by saying I enjoy the company of the good folks, (that time I mean all of you!) that post here...members and admin/mods alike.
This place indeed has a feel of a group of buddies that can have good conversation, break eachother's balls, disagree with one another, and everyone is ok the next day. This is indeed a community.
Thank you for that.

Tom
Thanks Tom! 8)
It's not always easy and for sure this board isn't perfect, but we (members & mods) do our best to make people feel home here.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

To be honest I think there is nothing wrong at all with Paul's post here. Without the strict policy from Mrs Rhoads there is indeed a good chance that Randy was much more known today! Why isn't it allowed to say that?
And to suggest that people who believe that rather throw Mrs Rhoads 'under the bus' is totaly ridiculous....... :shock:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

cableguyxx wrote:Paul, This is possibly one of, if not the most, self serving posts I think I've ever read on a message board.
Oh well, sorry you and I don't see eye to eye, the world will keep turning and the sun will come up tomorrow, regardless.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Alex wrote:
NicDots wrote:Understood, for sure. I am not the super fan I used to be. I know 5 years ago, I'd be peeing myself like an excited Golden Retriever at the thought of this movie.
All the animosity in the community has slowly turned me off to Randy over the years aswell. If I say that I haven't really listened to Randy in 3 years, I am not exaggerating. Same reason why my posts are so scarce in this section of the boards.
I don't very often listen to RR either but I remain here to make sure an alternative is always around, its very healthy to maintain many sites about a subject to allow differing stories and oppinions to be given.

Thats the brilliance and short coming of the world wide web.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

cableguyxx wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:
whoopiecat wrote: I'm just having a tough time with folks being members of a fan site of Randy Rhoads who plan to just shine on a movie that's being made about his life.
They big problem here is not 'sour grapes' over Peter pick tk over us, the big problem here is that we prefer to see Randy as a real person, not as a god or as the angel that his mom pretends he was.

Delores Rhoads has done her son a great disservice by only allowing the cream of his life to be viewed. A lot of members here feel that way. We want to know who Randy really was. This documentary should help us feel that we actually knew him.

As for 'nobodies' in film, how about Zakk Wylde and Paul Gilbert? They did not know Randy at all. The last thing I want to here is Zakk saying 'it's such an honor to play those songs'. Like he did in the Japanese documentary. They are fans, and, as such, their opinions are pointless. Unless a person had actual contact over a long term, they are 'nobodies' as far as a documentary goes, in my opinion.

Randy Rhoads was a kid who played guitar. We all like at least some of his music. Learning more about him should be interesting, but far from an obsession that deserves a ritual planned out in advance.
Paul, This is possibly one of, if not the most, self serving posts I think I've ever read on a message board. Mrs. Rhoads decision to pretend like her son is an angel or a god? Come on dude!! First of all, as I've said numerous times before, it was her son. She is not a fan, she is his mother. She has the right to remember him in any way she chooses. I'd love for there to be more stuff available, but to throw his mother under the bus because she chooses to handle his legacy in a way you and others may not agree with? YUCK!
To be honest I think there is nothing wrong at all with Paul's post here. Without the strict policy from Mrs Rhoads there is indeed a good chance that Randy was much more known today! Why isn't it allowed to say that?
And to suggest that people who believe that rather throw Mrs Rhoads 'under the bus' is totaly ridiculous....... :shock:
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

Wow.Why are people ripping this film because its not going to feature enough stuff for guitarists?A good portion if not the majority of RR fans are non musicians.Even still its Peters choice to make it as he sees fit and the family approves.Stop taking this movie thing so serious and get a life!
Personally i dont care how bad or good the movie is-its the music that carries RRs legacy and that i have enjoyed for 27+ yrs...And it will always be about the music not a movie or guitar amp re issue.Its all about the music and always will be.All this other stuff you buy and whatnot is static.

Oh yeah and the internet allows people to go round in circles and strangle each other.Ditto for technology in general and upgrades and crap.Boycott bestbuy and use your money for something nontech like a trip somewhere,karate or guitar lessons,a bicycle.FK plasma tv s and cell phones!!!!Yeah baby,back 2 basics.Oh yeah cancel your cable tv if you wanna know what u aint missing and the 1200$ yr you ll save.Rant over!!!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I stopped taking it seriously a long time ago. I don't even think I'll see it.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i am keen to see how the film is received by critics as i think there is huge potential for a brilliant human story, but im in no hurry to see it myself... if that makes sense?

i hope it doesn't go much into the guitars and music though

Rob
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

rice_pudding wrote:i am keen to see how the film is received by critics as i think there is huge potential for a brilliant human story, but im in no hurry to see it myself... if that makes sense?

i hope it doesn't go much into the guitars and music though

Rob
I am still keen to see video and hear un-cut studio audio, I don't imagine any surprises but I keep on hoping. :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I am still excited as hell to see this. I am a fan of all and anything Randy, even what his favorite drink was. I am a total Fan Boy, and damn proud!! This movie is going to rock and I am gonna love it no matter what. I am a 41 year old teenager stuck in 1981-82. This is going to be nirvana for me. Some may argue I need therapy, I would probably agree!! :-)
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
The Flying Dutchman

oth wrote:Wow.Why are people ripping this film because its not going to feature enough stuff for guitarists?A good portion if not the majority of RR fans are non musicians.Even still its Peters choice to make it as he sees fit and the family approves.Stop taking this movie thing so serious and get a life!
Personally i dont care how bad or good the movie is-its the music that carries RRs legacy and that i have enjoyed for 27+ yrs...And it will always be about the music not a movie or guitar amp re issue.Its all about the music and always will be.All this other stuff you buy and whatnot is static.
You have a point there!
I could be wrong but I think Randy's current fanatic fan base consists of mainly people who play guitar themselves...... If people ever heard of him it's a lot of times because they are playing guitar themselves. So to these people it will maybe a bit dissapointing if the film is about Randy the person instead of Randy the musician. Escpecially since there is so little about RR. It's not like with other artists like Hendrix where plenty of stuff already exists.
And since it's about Randy the person it's a bit odd that people who never ever met him are in it. (Michael Batio, Zakk Wylde...) But we can only speculate for now, maybe the doc will be great, who knows! I have some sceptism but I definitely looking forward to it!