Any news on the movie?

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Matthew wrote:Nicole

I wonder if there is some truth in it (The Bob Dailsey post) but it is exagerated then.
Maybe there were some legal things both lawyers from each respective side were working out, and ths has been called sueing?

I have to admit as weakness. I read evidence about Ozzy and Sharon being ruthless etc but everytime I hear ozzy speak my heart warms to him and he is so funny too. I suppose I just don't want to believe he is capable of being nasty.

Matt
That may be the case! I just look at the photos from Randy's Rock Walk Induction...Sharon and Dee are hugging and kissing and Sharon's even got a white envelope with her name handwritten on it. I find it hard to believe that if someone was robbing your dead son, you'd hug them and kiss them and give them a Hallmark card. I don't care how nice the Rhoads family is, it just doesn't make sense. Maybe there were little legal problems back in the 80s, but I just don't see a big, terrible lawsuit between the Rhoads and the Osbournes, at least right now. And I really feel that Sharon cared for Randy. I am not a fan of Sharon, but when I saw her bawl during the Japanese RR special....you can't fake that kind of sadness. I don't think she'd intentionally do anything to rip him or his family off. Maybe Don Arden would, and maybe Sharon would have been unwitting party to it, but I don't see Sharon (much less Ozzy) setting that ball in motion.

Not to say that Sharon isn't capable of fucked up things, but I just don't think it goes that far. And Ozzy I feel is so clueless about what goes on outside of the studio. He has said so himself, and he seems to want to keep it that way, perhaps to keep his sanity and his marriage together. I imagine if your wife of nearly 30 years tells you that you are going to do something or that something has been done in your name, even if you think it's bullshit, you'll grit your teeth and get on with your life. I see this in my own family. :lol:
oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

NicDots wrote:
That may be the case! I just look at the photos from Randy's Rock Walk Induction...Sharon and Dee are hugging and kissing and Sharon's even got a white envelope with her name handwritten on it. I find it hard to believe that if someone was robbing your dead son, you'd hug them and kiss them and give them a Hallmark card. I don't care how nice the Rhoads family is, it just doesn't make sense. Maybe there were little legal problems back in the 80s, but I just don't see a big, terrible lawsuit between the Rhoads and the Osbournes, at least right now. And I really feel that Sharon cared for Randy. I am not a fan of Sharon, but when I saw her bawl during the Japanese RR special....you can't fake that kind of sadness. I don't think she'd intentionally do anything to rip him or his family off. Maybe Don Arden would, and maybe Sharon would have been unwitting party to it, but I don't see Sharon (much less Ozzy) setting that ball in motion.

Not to say that Sharon isn't capable of fucked up things, but I just don't think it goes that far. And Ozzy I feel is so clueless about what goes on outside of the studio. He has said so himself, and he seems to want to keep it that way, perhaps to keep his sanity and his marriage together. I imagine if your wife of nearly 30 years tells you that you are going to do something or that something has been done in your name, even if you think it's bullshit, you'll grit your teeth and get on with your life. I see this in my own family. :lol:
You havent been around too many backstabbers then.
Ive seen worse garbage done amongst family members.
To sharon,randy is just a part of a business not even her family.She couldnt care less about randy or his family.Crocodile tears or not.She is ruthless,greedy money sucking animal.
For sharon to have denied royalty payments to bd an lk and then to replace their tracks on the original songs is blaspemous and an abomination.Not to mention a desecration of the music.To go to that degree to spite someone you have to have no conscience.She has no couth and is uncivilized.But then again look at her kids who are a bunch of spoiled fouled mouth drugged out beverly hills brats.Sharons behavior and her familys behavior shows shes a sociopath.She can smile at you and stab you in the back at the same time.She doesnt let anybody get in between her and her money and her ego.She is nothing but white trash with cash.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Matthew wrote:I wonder if there is some truth in it (The Bob Dailsey post) but it is exagerated then.
Maybe there were some legal things both lawyers from each respective side were working out, and ths has been called sueing?
I think what Bob said is true.
If I remember correctly he said that some things in Randy's contract were changed just a few days after the crash. Mrs. Rhoads was in the same boat with Bob & Lee and sued the Osbournes for years to get Randy deserved money but finally gave up...... Bob and Lee apparently had contact with Mrs. Rhoads when the laswuits happened. I don't think Bob would make this up. And I don't think the Osbournes would let him say this if it was untrue..... I wasn't there, but if true then all things fall in place. For everyone involved it's a very painful thing, so of course they all rather keep silence.

Also this: who are interviewed for the upcomming documentary and who are not? :wink:
Last edited by The Flying Dutchman on Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
shanic
Cool Member

Post by shanic »

The Flying Dutchman wrote: If I remember correctly he said that some things in Randy's contract were changed just a few days after the crash.
I have read this before but to tell the truth cannot find the source at the moment. As far as my memory serves me correctly a deal was done so that the Rhoads family got a say in how Randy’s image was portrayed as part of the deal that was cut with the Osbourne’s.

Money does tend to bring out the worst in people and some more than others that is for sure.
The Flying Dutchman

Well of course the Osbournes regret some things.....
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Matthew wrote:I wonder if there is some truth in it (The Bob Dailsey post) but it is exagerated then.
If I remember correctly he said that some things in Randy's contract were changed just a few days after the crash. Mrs. Rhoads was in the same boat with Bob & Lee and sued the Osbournes for years to get Randy deserved money but finally gave up...... Bob and Lee apparently had contact with Mrs. Rhoads when the laswuits happened. I don't think Bob would make this up. And I don't think the Osbournes would let him say this if it was untrue..... I wasn't there, but if true then all things fall in place. For everyone involved it's a very painful thing, so of course they all rather keep silence.

Also this: who are interviewed for the upcomming documentary and who are not? :wink:
I'll believe it when someone can corroborate Bob's story.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

NicDots wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:

I'll believe it when someone can corroborate Bob's story.
i've looked over this thread and it seems something of a classic debate has been reborn :?

Though i have to say im with Nicole on this, for the most part.

I think Bob is an honest guy, and im fairly confident he would not intentionaly lie. But the thing about Randy's contract being altered is not credible. It could be true but the evidence would never stand up in court, an academic text or a logical debate.

I remember in an interview Bob said that Sharon's brother (dont know his name) told him that sharon had changed the contract quickly after randys death. Granting the rights to his estate (or power to that effect).

But this admitedly happened during a conversation in the mid 80s during which time Bob was trying to sue the Osbournes and Sharons brother (if like the rest of his family, a sly bugger :) ) was helping Bob sue Sharon and during this time Sharons family were at war with her.

I would have to check dates, but it could even be sharon had split from her family prior to randys death in which case randys contracts would have been in the safe hands of the ardens or sharon had them and the ardens would never have seen them.

Rob
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

oth wrote:
You havent been around too many backstabbers then.
Ive seen worse garbage done amongst family members.
To sharon,randy is just a part of a business not even her family.She couldnt care less about randy or his family.Crocodile tears or not.She is ruthless,greedy money sucking animal.
For sharon to have denied royalty payments to bd an lk and then to replace their tracks on the original songs is blaspemous and an abomination.Not to mention a desecration of the music.To go to that degree to spite someone you have to have no conscience.She has no couth and is uncivilized.But then again look at her kids who are a bunch of spoiled fouled mouth drugged out beverly hills brats.Sharons behavior and her familys behavior shows shes a sociopath.She can smile at you and stab you in the back at the same time.She doesnt let anybody get in between her and her money and her ego.She is nothing but white trash with cash.
Not trying to start a fight but thats a bit much :?

Rob
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

^^^ People have the right to believe that they are 100% and unequivocally correct even though they have never met these people nor seen any legal documents not have a law degree.
I don't think I'll ever choose sides in this matter because it really comes down to this...the Osbournes say one thing, and Bob says another thing. Neither of them really bring anything else to their argument, so neither is credible to me.
The Flying Dutchman

We are talking about someone who has executed the sick idea to erase the original bass & drums tracks from two masterpiece records only because of some $$$$. (who would believe that? :wink: )
So to me a little change in someone's contract is not that unlikely either......
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Still, some proof of what these contracts said other than someone's word would be nice. The fact that Bob has lost time and time again in court makes me skeptical when Phil managed to win his case against the Osbournes. Then after Bob got screwed by the Osbournes time and time again in the 80s, he signed up to do Ozzmosis. There's just too much weirdness surrounding the whole thing. In the United States, there's a thing called "innocent until proven guilty" and thats where I will stand.

Yes, it's wrong his tracks got erased, yes it's wrong that he doesn't get royalties. But what if his contract said he was not entitled to what he claims he is entitled to? We don't know. We haven't seen any contract. There's two sides to every story. It's similar to what the guys in Sabbath went through in the 70s. Yeah, they got shafted by their managers, but it was their fault for not reading their contracts and for not knowing what was going on. Doesn't make it right at all, but it is what it is.
The Flying Dutchman

True. But the thing is that Bob Daisley never told any crap as far as I remember. When Bob came with the "punch in randy's face" everybody was like. :shock: Nah.... But some time later it was confirmed by Kelly Garni when he was asked about it.
Maybe someone can ask Kelly Garni about that contract thing as well to have it verified?
(if true he must know about the lawsuits by Randy's mother as well)
shanic
Cool Member

Post by shanic »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:We are talking about someone who has executed the sick idea to erase the original bass & drums tracks from two masterpiece records only because of some $$$$. (who would believe that?
Even after all this time I still shake my head in disbelief at that, really that is a low life thing to do!!!!!!
NicDots wrote:Still, some proof of what these contracts said other than someone's word would be nice.
True to that would be interesting to see the original contracts
NicDots wrote:The fact that Bob has lost time and time again in court makes me skeptical
Actually I think Bob and Lee have won several court cases against the osbournes in relation to royalties, but then the osbournes would take them back to court on other related issues until several years ago a judge awarded a so called final verdict in favour. Then it was taken back to court, supreme ?, by the osbournes and everything was dismissed.
All far too hard to follow unless you have all the evidence sitting in front of you yeah, too much he said she said without evidence.

One thing is for sure in my mind Bob was co author of some of the greatest albums ever recorded and he deserves some of the money generated from those sales, and money from the continued sales of those albums I believe.
NicDots wrote: Then after Bob got screwed by the Osbournes time and time again in the 80s, he signed up to do Ozzmosis.
Well is this not when ozzy said that they would help him fight jet in court but forgot to tell him that the osbounes had already acquired all rites to the work?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
shanic
Cool Member

Post by shanic »

whoopiecat wrote: In a perfect world, the Osbournes would hand over the masters from both albums of just Randy's guitar tracks. This way, the royalty issue would be averted, and the audience would be able to hear it all, once and for all.
It'd be nice, but highly unlikely.
Tom
wouldnt that be shit hot I would freak if that was the case