Rhoadscholar's Book-A Must Have!!!

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Rhoadscholar's Book-A Must Have!!!

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Last Sunday we arrived back to the UK. I was heavy hearted as Logan who we visited, is like a brother and best friend and I was sad to leave...

anyway this cheered me right up!!!!

http://www.rhoadscholar.com/

It is a book of Randy Rhoads lesson plans and a highly personal account of Robert's time with Randy!
It was on the mat when I got in and I haven't put it down!!

Robert LaFond is the author (a member here with only a few posts) and contributed a track too to the RRCD project.

The plans are all diagrams of scales and chords with Robert explanations on wht Randy was trying to show him that lesson.

Anyway, it is hugely recommended if you haven't already got it!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I just bought the paperback from Amazon!!!!
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Yeah I just bought it too. Can't wait. 8)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

You are gonna love it!! :)
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

I wonder if I could actually do the lessons in the book. I really have no idea about music theory or any technical stuff. Either way I am sure it will be cool!!!!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Zakk Daniels wrote:I wonder if I could actually do the lessons in the book. I really have no idea about music theory or any technical stuff. Either way I am sure it will be cool!!!!
Well all the writing are not tab as such but fretboard diagrams. But yes entirely possible!

Robert has written some helpful advice on how he was showed to use the writing in his own lesson.

If Robert ever re-released at a later date an accompanying audio cd with maybe backing tracks or lead examples would be just ace!!

Matt
zorcho

Post by zorcho »

My copy is on da way!
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Matthew wrote:
Zakk Daniels wrote:I wonder if I could actually do the lessons in the book. I really have no idea about music theory or any technical stuff. Either way I am sure it will be cool!!!!
Well all the writing are not tab as such but fretboard diagrams. But yes entirely possible!

Robert has written some helpful advice on how he was showed to use the writing in his own lesson.

If Robert ever re-released at a later date an accompanying audio cd with maybe backing tracks or lead examples would be just ace!!

Matt
The CD would be cool!!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Keep in mind that when Randy created the diagrams, he did so in a way tat made sense to him. They are backwards compared to the standard used these days.

Just an FYI for when you start working on the lessons.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Keep in mind that when Randy created the diagrams, he did so in a way tat made sense to him. They are backwards compared to the standard used these days.

Just an FYI for when you start working on the lessons.
Wheres the baby????????
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

today should be the day!
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Hmmm... the baby.... at 6 AM Becky called the hospital per instruction... they said, "We're full, call back at 7:30"... then it was 10, then noon, then 3 PM.... it is now 1:30 PM and we have to call back @ 3 to see if there is enough room in the hospital yet... so, as of now we're going shopping for a new refrigerator and waiting.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I have noticed that you have to read the diagrams with book upside down to read it from bottom (Low E) to top.

I played the first couple and thought "hmm Randy was probably tired after a hard day teaching" before I sussed this LMAO!!

Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I got mine in the mail today...it's very interesting!
It just made me wish Randy was still around. I have SO many questions for him.
zorcho

Post by zorcho »

Just got mine :D :D :D Can't wait to dig in.