Randy on Biography Channel

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Madman56
Cool Member

Randy on Biography Channel

Post by Madman56 »

Did anybody catch the Biography Channels Sharon Osbourne segment last night? It came on right after the one they did on Ozzy back in 2006, but this one was dated 2008. It was very interesting to watch, as it had still pics of Randy and Ozzy that I had not seen before, as well as Lee Kerslake being interviewed. The most interesting part of the show was home video of Randy wishing someone (I believe Sharon) a Happy Birthday. My wife was laughing at me because when it came on I was like "THAT"S RANDY TALKING!!!!!!!" I had never seen the footage, has anyone else? It really got me excited to think of what new stuff will be coming out with the documentary.
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Woohoow I want to know more :D
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

It was total luck I found it because I had been scanning through the guide and saw the Ozzy one was on, so I decided to watch it but I almost turned it off when Sharon's started but luckily I kept it on. It was just real cool to see some video on him I hadn't seen even though it was so brief. I almost didn't recognize Lee, he's got grey hair, and looks quite a bit different from the last time I saw him.
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

Below is the show description. I searched through the schedule and it was on again at 2am this morning!!! If I had known I would have recorded it. I don't see it being listed again, but I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Thursday, February 14 10:00pm International Profile: Sharon Osbourne
She first burst into the spotlight on the reality show about her family, The Osbournes. As the woman behind the madman of rock, she started as a receptionist for her father's agency, which sought to represent Ozzy Osbourne's Black Sabbath. After Black Sabbath broke up Sharon believed in Ozzy when no one else would and recruited a group of technically gifted musicians to record one of the biggest rock records ever: "The Blizzard of Oz." She would go on to work with artists ranging from The Smashing Pumpkins to ELO. Known for her caring nature when it comes to her family as much as for her ruthlessness when it comes to business, Sharon Osbourne has become an icon for women everywhere. She continues to showcase her dynamic personality on television with such shows as The X Factor, America's Got Talent, and The Sharon Osbourne Show.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Randy on Biography Channel

Post by Trigger »

Madman56 wrote:. The most interesting part of the show was home video of Randy wishing someone (I believe Sharon) a Happy Birthday. My wife was laughing at me because when it came on I was like "THAT"S RANDY TALKING!!!!!!!" I had never seen the footage, has anyone else?
No! but this just goes to prove that more video is out there, and that the Osbournes are likely to have it. If they can film part of Sharons birthday they are likely to have filmed lots of live footage.
One camera from the side of the stage is all we are wishing for :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Re: Randy on Biography Channel

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Madman56 wrote:The most interesting part of the show was home video of Randy wishing someone (I believe Sharon) a Happy Birthday. My wife was laughing at me because when it came on I was like "THAT"S RANDY TALKING!!!!!!!" I had never seen the footage, has anyone else?
I haven't. Maybe someone can put this on youtube or something?
Trigger wrote:If they can film part of Sharons birthday they are likely to have filmed lots of live footage.
One camera from the side of the stage is all we are wishing for :D
Exactly.... and to me it's very, very unlikely if they didn't.
Imagine this, it's 1980, Ozzy's first ever tour on his own, and they want us to believe that they didn't document that in some or another way? :shock: Of course they did! I always felt that the O$bournes are sitting on tons of footage, audio and stuff. Hope I will live long enough to find out my feeling was right though.......
Thanks for bringing this up Madman, this definitely give new hope that there has to be more out there. :)
Madman56
Cool Member

Post by Madman56 »

I was so glad I decided to watch it. I was happy just to see some of the photos they showed as I'd never seen them before, but when I saw the home movie I freaked lol! Seeing the home video leaves me no doubt she has more, and I have no doubt she will release it if she can.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Hopefully they will play it again...I'd like to see it.

EDIT:
Sad. :( I just checked RockOnTv and it doesn't look like it's playing again anytime soon.
stress2stress2
Cool Member

Post by stress2stress2 »

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

stress2stress2 wrote:It's Randy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=45myvATKuqA
Thanks for that, only 18 seconds but it made my day 8)
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thanks! 8)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:

Thanks! 8)
I remember back in December 2007 we sat in Den Haag and said the Osbourne's hold video! We also said that they would hold material that had Randy on it from many different things ie personal, live, rehersal etc etc!.

This proves that we were right, and if they have this they have lots more that we have not seen before. Video was expensive and not easy to have back in the 1970's and early 80's, QR had loads of it with Randy. Why did people accept Ozzy had bugger all! I remember seeing a certain people within the RR comunity say nothing else exists, anybody who believes that S&O didn't have something tucked away were wrong, and this proves it.

We know it's out there and we also know who has certain things......perhaps they will start to yield those for us very soon. I know that the film has stired the pot but I don't think that will show us very much that is new (for legal reasons). I think it will be us fans who locate and share the new material in the next few years.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

Whoa this is crazy. I want more footage !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
“If you guys are going to be throwing beer bottles at us, at least make sure they're full.â€Â
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Why does randy look so uncomfortable wishing her a happy birthday?

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

i thought that too, simon.