Randy Rhoads: Reflections Of A Guitar Icon (New documentary on May 6th)

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

joediesle

Re: Randy Rhoads: Reflections Of A Guitar Icon (New documentary on May 6th)

Post by joediesle »

BIG let down... nothing new and less than what I expected. I know more about Randy than what they showed! And sure everybody here also does.
joediesle

Post by joediesle »

BIG let down... nothing new and less than what I expected. I know more about Randy than what they showed! And sure everybody here also does.
richard emms

Post by richard emms »

Thanks for the review. I will watch it, but not in a rush to do so. The only extra stuff (outside of any new footage) would be hearing Delores talk about her son, as they had an amazing relationship. It's always a bittersweet moment when anything new is announced about RR, and hat's off to anyone that wants to stick their neck out and produce something new. As we are seeing more of the same thing, finding better quality videos or first-gen footage would be a fan's dream. I still live in hope, as way back some 10 years ago in an interview about the Box Set, Sharon did say there were two films of live footage they were working on. One was obviously the NYC Palladium, so what was the other? Alberquerque really didn't need work, as it was a video shot by a cameraman on stage.

There's still hope.
Rhoadsfan266

Post by Rhoadsfan266 »

Like i said another disappointment,sad! Jack needs to take the reigns and put something out, i am 52 years old and been a RR fan the second i bought blizzard as an import, as my buddy bought sabbath live at last! Bought anything and everything that had to do with RR and Ozz, forget how much i have, anyway,the whole ozzy blizzard and diary era was special! The crowley disc, the over the mountain 7” pic sleeve,etc etc, hell i was upset when tribute came out, already had it as a boot on vinyl, sorry about the rant, cmon jack! Your our only hope I believe
DoubleT

Post by DoubleT »

It was worth the $5 rental on Amazon. But it pains me to say this - I fell asleep.

That says it all. I mean the guy tried and did a nice look at the Quiet Riot era. For whatever that is worth. Not that much in my opinion. Just another club band that didn't make it past that level. Not that interesting.

The Ozzy part was glossed over and completely uninformative.
DoubleT

Post by DoubleT »

It was worth the $5 rental on Amazon. But it pains me to say this - I fell asleep.

That says it all. I mean the guy tried and did a nice look at the Quiet Riot era. For whatever that is worth. Not that much in my opinion. Just another club band that didn't make it past that level. Not that interesting.

The Ozzy part was glossed over and completely uninformative.
Rhoadsfan266

Post by Rhoadsfan266 »

Nothing ozzy era cause they didn’t want to be involved, they care so much about Randy,what a joke
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

:?
My wife is quite a Randy Rhoads-fan too, but she has never for Quiet Riot that much. So, as there's no Ozzy-stuff, she's not interested. Well, she thinks Ozzy's a lousy singer!!! :mrgreen: and that the only good thing he had, was being in Blizzard Of Ozz :o oh well.
Mikel
equinox

Post by equinox »

Looking to give it a go!

Knew about it earlier in the year. Got a call from my drummer actually this morning 10:30a and said he watched it and enjoyed it! Gave him a new appreciation for Quiet Riot also.

I LOVED Metal Health when it came out, but Quiet Riot wasn't really a group I adhered toward and besides the 2 popular songs in 1983. I've been watching the YouTube clips of Randy in Quiet Riot and let me say...they are great! They allow me and anyone willing to watch to show the maturing of Randy and Quiet Riot was actually a SOLID rock band, so am rather enjoying watching them and gave me as well as the drummer a new appreciation for QR as a whole!

I look forward to watching the video on Amazon. I don't have prime, so will pay a couple bucks and good with that. I'm setting the expectations low as know the story, have been watching all the videos and am going in under the assumption its just typical regurgitated material I/we've all seen. However, if not, anything above that will be a bonus! I'll let you guys know my thought afterward.

Yeah, I agree...l love Randy and the family, but as with everything...it's like unless it's in the best possible light and any $$$ in it for them, they don't support it/anything! We as fans, as others have said....it's been 40 fucking years! In a few years, we're all going to be gone. If you can't and haven't capitalized on it by now...fuck you. Just release everything and before it's not worth anything! Too many hoarders out there and it's only recently that I have seen some things piecemealed out there. There is more and should be shared....at this point, period.

I'll see how the video is tonight.