Randy Rhoads by Ross Halfin - Preorders start today.

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: Randy Rhoads by Ross Halfin - Preorders start today.

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Thats a great pic... Roll on Christmas day so i can see this book in full. :shock:
Attachments
FB_IMG_1637708408361.jpg
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Imagine getting Bob Daisley's Holy Grail to accompany Ross Halfin's book :lol:
Mikel
alborg
Cool Member

Post by alborg »

stealaway wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:05 am Imagine getting Bob Daisley's Holy Grail to accompany Ross Halfin's book :lol:
That would be magnificent. Will never happen though... Unless he just sells the lot to the Japanese bootleggers and they do it.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Randy backstage at the Day on the Green.
Attachments
RR 4th July 1981.jpg
JNH

Post by JNH »

^^^^^^^^^^^

Awesome pic Guitar Idol5682!! Pretty rare, as according to Kelly G and Kelle R, Randy HATED beer lol. But i guess beggars can't be choosers.....especially on a hot sunny day. Cheers :)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

JNH wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:50 pm ^^^^^^^^^^^

Awesome pic Guitar Idol5682!! Pretty rare, as according to Kelly G and Kelle R, Randy HATED beer lol. But i guess beggars can't be choosers.....especially on a hot sunny day. Cheers :)
Don't believe for one minute that Randy didn't like to get drunk or wasted. It's this shroud of Angelic behaviour that he has getting since his death. He went with the flow, he partied, he liked Rum, and he took drugs in moderation. It would of been impossible to not try drugs in the 70's & 80's. They would of been offered to him that many times he would of taking them and i know he got stoned on more then one occasion. This has been mentioned before on other threads and it's been proved that he did take drugs.The busy like style on the road would of been long and tiring and a boost with a 'bit sniff' would give you the energy to soldier on. Hey it just makes the guy that bit more human, he'd be boring if he didn't party.
JNH

Post by JNH »

Try reading what i wrote again...........i never said Randy was an angel lol. I CONGRATULATED you on the pic, and just stated Randy hated beer. I have an old pic of Randy at his 18th B-Day with a beer in his hand with Garni and Kelle beside him celebrating. They both said it took everything in the world to get Randy to drink it, and he couldn't even finish it!! He apparently despised the taste of beer. From what i've read, he was more of a cocktail/Kahlua drinker.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

JNH wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:46 am Try reading what i wrote again...........i never said Randy was an angel lol. I CONGRATULATED you on the pic, and just stated Randy hated beer. I have an old pic of Randy at his 18th B-Day with a beer in his hand with Garni and Kelle beside him celebrating. They both said it took everything in the world to get Randy to drink it, and he couldn't even finish it!! He apparently despised the taste of beer. From what i've read, he was more of a cocktail/Kahlua drinker.
It's not true about him hating beer either, he would drink to be merry and occasionally he would get very drunk depending on how his mood took him. I've seen some photo of Randy after a night of partying and he looks ILL.. But it's that side of him that non of us have really seen. It's the guys who have kept quiet and kept up the portrait of him being squeeky clean and not doing the bad things in rocknroll ..He couldn't have sex without being tarnished for it. But that was mainly the image his family wanted kept of him.. He's enjoying a beer here while Rudy gives him a hair cut.
Attachments
Randy Rudy photo.jpg
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

I also remember that Kahlua/milk being mentioned. Also Golden Cadillac or drink something similar...? Maybe Randy got used to drinking beer later on, you cannot have exotic drinks around so easily as beer, so who knows...
Mikel
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

stealaway wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:01 pm I also remember that Kahlua/milk being mentioned. Also Golden Cadillac or drink something similar...? Maybe Randy got used to drinking beer later on, you cannot have exotic drinks around so easily as beer, so who knows...
I'm sure those items would of been caterred for while on tour with Ozzy. Their riders normaly cover their selective items of choice for each band member. But i know Randy was very partial to rum and coke and he loved Chinese food.
richard emms

Post by richard emms »

Got mine yesterday. Stunning book and has some amazing pictures of Randy -- really shows his personality. Love it! If only we got a quality production from the Osbournes like this book.
Shockwave
Mass Poster

Post by Shockwave »

There’s a couple pics of Randy on that boat with Ozzy And Sharon and he looks absolutely wasted and embarrassed that they are taking a pic of him because of it. It would also explain why Randy and Ozzy are seemingly sleeping/passed out in a couple of the pics.

Can’t remember if that was the NY/Long Island schooner trip for the full band or was it a different trip with just Ozzy, Sharon, and Randy?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Shockwave wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:14 pm There’s a couple pics of Randy on that boat with Ozzy And Sharon and he looks absolutely wasted and embarrassed that they are taking a pic of him because of it. It would also explain why Randy and Ozzy are seemingly sleeping/passed out in a couple of the pics.

Can’t remember if that was the NY/Long Island schooner trip for the full band or was it a different trip with just Ozzy, Sharon, and Randy?
This photo here ^ we've talked about it before. ? I honestly think the pair of them had sea sickness viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8656&p=85389&hilit= ... ook#p85389
Attachments
Ozzy & Randy asleep on deck.jpg
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

A view of the delux version embossed slip cover and inlayed autographs. Is this worth that much ??
Attachments
RR book special 2.jpg
RR book special 1.jpg
stealaway
Mass Poster

Post by stealaway »

Yes, it is a great book indeed! Even if it somehow comes as 2nd to Steven Rosen/Andrew Klein-book, which I found GREAT!!! But Ross' book is great for being a photo-book :D
Mikel