A touchy subject..

Talk about Randy Rhoads here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

alborg
Cool Member

A touchy subject..

Post by alborg »

I've been wondering. For all the years since Randy's death I had thought that Delores was the reason that we've had few official Randy releases? Since her passing very little has been given the green light. I would have expected his brother and sister to push ahead and give the go ahead to some sort of official documentary (Not the controversial Margolis one...). Maybe thru Netflix? Work in collaboration with the OZZY camp to bring Randy to the forefront and continue his legacy and image. It's just puzzling to me that no great push didn't happen. No disrespect is intended to all parties... Thoughts?
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Re: A touchy subject..

Post by orion_damage »

Kathy, based on her Instagram posts, comes across as very cautious with all things Randy. So I could see that being a hurdle when it comes to releasing projects. I recall her stating that she has footage but I remember the comment being somewhat mysterious. Me being just a fan of Randy, it's difficult to understand the perspective of someone who knew him personally. I try to keep that in mind.

So yeah, TLDR, I think his family is very guarded with Randy. He's like a God or something.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

It isn't a touchy subject it's a question on everyones lips...When are they going to actually do something to show the fans that his legacy is still there.. The fans on here have done more in an effort to get his name out there.. They talked about Musonia being a museum...that has gone very quiet.. They've done nothing of any justice over 40 years next year..
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster

Post by Cryptic Night »

orion_damage wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:59 pmSo yeah, TLDR, I think his family is very guarded with Randy.
Keeping in mind that I could very well be wrong, but I feel like if it was completely up to Kelle Rhoads we'd have gotten a lot more stuff released. Probably in conjunction with his own stuff attached to it too. :lol: While I absolutely do not doubt his love for his brother Randy, everything I've read about the guy gives off the impression that he's always been extremely jealous that Randy was the one who got famous and he hates being known as "Randy's Brother". That said, he does seem like the sort who would be up for making a quick buck or two. I feel it's likely Kathy that's now holding any new things back, unless the family is just respecting Delores's wishes, which could also be true.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Its like any music or musician alive or dead. If they are not being talked about or if a product is being released be it a tribute album or a book for example. When that stops and these guitar Godz of old are not in the media's eye. They end up being forgotten, i never thought id see a band like Led Zeppelin being a band of such status but they are being very much left behind by the newer generation of music fans.. I'd hate this to happen to Randy thankfully being inducted into the RNR hall of fame is good. Some music fans think its a hall of select artists bands that are not worthy to tie some bands shoe laces. But better to be out there as a memorable name then just to eventually fade away.
P C M
Cool Member

Post by P C M »

Okay, just a personal overview....I believe since the accident, Sharon requesting Randy's rights ( just 3 day's after the crime) and the Bob/Lee issue's, Dee made an agreement to not sue for wrongful death (which in toll by US law) could have included jail time,she agreed to limited likeness, selected recordings but nothing to promote the Ozzy Osbourne band/co. It carries over after her passing because,she is a mother and loves her son dearly, even pushing him to take the chance. I imagine some guilt was held by Delores over that and with the talent Randy has and a mothers love, does not want it exploited. I honor and respect to the Rhoads family but, I too say it is time. Work with the Osbournes on a major release 40th of Diary....do a looking glass through time vid/boxset. Oz should make amends with Bob (god bless you Lee) - Lee's family also Jake (Sinclaire), Rudy, Tommy, Don. Do a tribute show with them all and make Mousina a historic landmark/tribute,up on the scholarship at UCLA....hell, Randy is going into the Hall...I have 8 grand to my name but I would fund that. DVD - Let the madness,begin - follow up by the (uh) Osbornes movie bio (lies). $$$ but some pride and dignity at the end and we can all pick sides. Fans have suffered over 40 years now. I Knew when Ozzy left Sabbath,my brother and I should I say - knew something was coming. He scooped a UK release of Blizzard well before it hit North America/Canada and I was blown out of my chair. I still hear the little things in the songs that make me smile but, also cry. /82 - I converted from Catholic to Rock N' Roll - my religon and my law. Still cry, miss you our Superman - Randy Rhoads. Amen. (remember - a thought/opinion - nothing more). 8) 8) 8) With love to all