randy will never die
Mass Poster

Randy live Starwood

Post by randy will never die »

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Randy live Starwood

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The link didn't work for me, but yes, there are 3 full shows of Randy with Quiet Riot. Two of them are from the Starwood and the other is from the Whisky. The Starwood Shows were set 1 & 2 the same night, Sept 22, 1979 & the Whisky show was October 25th, 1979 - which was Kevin's birthday and the last show before Randy left for England with Ozzy.

All three were stolen from Kevin DuBrow when he loaned them to VH-1 for the Quiet Riot: Behind the Music episode.
randy will never die
Mass Poster

I just checked the link it works fine for me let me post the title of the vid so you can copy and past that into YouTube
randy will never die
Mass Poster

RANDY RHOADS CLUB DAYS LIVE PERFORMANCE

The first vid it looks a little red
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

That's the Starwood 9/22/79 - I want to say the 2nd set, but I can't remember... this particular set of songs was 'released' on the Six String God DVD back in the day on eBay.

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Here's the other set from the same night... the title says 'Whiskey' but it's the Starwood.

oth
Mass Poster

Post by oth »

whatever happened to all the live dvd stuff you used to be able to buy on ebay??it seems like they dont allow it anymore?
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
fortress
Madman

Post by fortress »

Yeah i have this DVD, that i did buy on ebay in 2005 or 2006 i think.. I dont see it anymore

Its not the show on this youtube link
rorygfan

Post by rorygfan »

I have looked over the years on youtube for any QR Starwood footage and was really happy to finally see some tonight... and thought about looking up this website. I was at many of their shows. Talked with them I recall after the Pasadena gig they did with SMile/A La Carte at the Smile singers furniture store after party. Spoke to Lori H. the fan club organizer quite a few times buying the LP's back in 78' which I stupidly gave away in 2008.... then we spoke a few times in 83' after his death when she was near the family... I knew when I was 20 back then that Randy would become known. THose QR VHS tapes, glad they were uploaded even if they weren't legal otherwise the world would never be able to see that stuff. Sorry to hear that they were stolen from Kevin.... I hate thieves.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Rorygfan, I've noticed that a lot of the QR shows are not listed, they must of played many as support slots etc and one off gigs in the early days. How many shows did you go to and did the set ever feature any covers from other bands ?. Did you go to the reunion gig when Frankie Banali was drumming for them ?.
Attachments
Quiet Riot 23 Feb 79 Dwight Twilley flyer.JPG
Mozart82

Post by Mozart82 »

I tried to improve the audio on "Breaking Up Is A Heartache live video at the Whiskey 1979." I'll probably do more songs later. It could be better but here it has more of a stereo sound and maybe a little less noise. :)

https://youtu.be/CjkUNjh9hz0