Drew Forsyth vs Alex Van Halen

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

johnorlitta

Post by johnorlitta »

Looks like Drew is doing well, wonder if he still plays. Does anyone know when the movie will be out?
"Mother, please show the children
Before it's too late
To fight each other, there's no one winning
We must fight all the hate"
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

johnorlitta wrote:Looks like Drew is doing well, wonder if he still plays. Does anyone know when the movie will be out?
I think it is due out September 2008.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
johnorlitta

Post by johnorlitta »

On DVD? If so, where can I get a copy?
"Mother, please show the children
Before it's too late
To fight each other, there's no one winning
We must fight all the hate"
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

They hope to have it complete for some sort of theatrical release - so it is ready for the Sundance film festival - by September 2008.

It probably won't be on DVD for at least a year after that.
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

Paul Wolfe wrote: It probably won't be on DVD for at least a year after that.

:cry:
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

Drew was hardly an average drummer. Remember who was speaking it was Kevin DuBrow and those two hated each other. Drew was on par with Alex Van Halen easy. Just on basic rudiments alone he played snare in marching band and he was in the jazz band. Randy asked for Drew to be in the band. Drew was going to UCLA at the time. But he took the gig. Kelly Garni had to be carried by Randy and Drew for one he never took the instrument seriously and spent more time trying to get laid and snorting cocaine than he did practice his craft. DuBrow was in the band due to his family money and he knew people. It wasn't because of his stellar vocal ability. Don't kid yourself. Also DuBrow has revisionist history. He said Drew was a bad drummer yet he took Drew into DuBrow until they had their fatal final argument. Drew would've played on the Metal Health album had certain events not happened. But it was Kevins record deal and he fucked Drew over. Sadly it wasn't the first or last time it happened.

If you want to hear Drew's drumming post QR post a site where I can upload a cd or two. I have plenty of material.

Drew I would bet is a millionaire. He made a killing in the real estate buisness and he does sounds for artists worldwide. He still plays drums but not actively anymore. He is a great drummer and teacher and I am proud to call him my friend.

Drew didn't get along with Kelly because Kelly didn't take things seriously as seen in that ten part interview. Kelly had zero motivation and was only in the band to get laid and party. So you had two above average musicians and two whatevers.

But remember Van Halen had a good looking frontman who mirrored Jim Dandy except Dave had teeth.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Drew Forsyth

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Alex Van Halen

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Neil Peart

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Tommy Lee

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Peter Criss

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Robert Sweet

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thnx Paul!

Tommy Aldrigde:

Cozy Powell:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyN8XnFE ... re=related[/youtube]

8)
Paiste2002
Cool Member

Post by Paiste2002 »

One drummer in those videos that Drew played like. Cozy Powell, that speaks for itself. Cozy like Drew was a rudimental drummer and just had that groove. Robert Sweet is a good showman but not an amazing drummer, same for Tommy Lee. Though Tommy is the only real talent in the band besides Bob Deal aka Mick Mars.

Why didn't you put a Lee Kerslake video up there ?

:lol:

Guess you didn't want to have the guy who played the real tracks on those two albums on here. You wanted to have a hired gun in the likes of Tommy Aldridge. :roll:

Alex Van Halen has notorious time keeping problems live as does Aldridge the best two out of that lost besides Drew are Peart and Powell.

You should've put some real drummers in there man, like Billy Cobham or Steve Smith or even Terry Bozzio. Hell Rod Morgenstein can smoke all of them. Nicko McBrain is another one that wipes that whole lot.

So yea

Peart
Cozy
Drew

Tommy gets credit for being a very gracious and nice guy when they rehearsed at Mates when Rudy was in project driver. Tommy was very cool and spent time showing me a few things on the drum kit. Rudy was top shelf as always and is a great human being.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Paiste2002 wrote: Why didn't you put a Lee Kerslake video up there ?

:lol:

Guess you didn't want to have the guy who played the real tracks on those two albums on here. You wanted to have a hired gun in the likes of Tommy Aldridge. :roll:
I imagine that Dutch wanted to infuriate you...or better yet, has a huge vendetta against Lee Kerslake.

[/sarcasm]