New here...help finding Quiet Riot I and II

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Mickbeatle

New here...help finding Quiet Riot I and II

Post by Mickbeatle »

Hello everyone,

I'm a 16 year old fan of Quiet Riot and Randy. I think Randy was and still is a brilliant guitarist. Kevin DuBrow's death is so shocking my goodness! I own 7 of 11 of the studio albums QR official made. I've been dying to look for the first two with Randy for years. I know they're not the best to the professionals but it's my music. I've looked on eBay. Recentley, a guy was selling the first one on CD in the Records section on eBay. I questioned him first on whether it really was a CD. The next day, the CD is now at $48.00! I'd hate to illegally download these albums. I'm thinking they should really reissue these albums in the memory of both Kevin and Randy. Kevin said he thought they should be reissued but he didn't want to hassle with it and continue on with life in some interview. If anyone can find me a copy of both albums on CD, please let me know. Thanks.
Mickbeatle

Post by Mickbeatle »

COOL STUFF

I found this on a cool Randy site

http://www.eternalrandyrhoads.com/audio.html

IT also said much thanks to Kevin DuBrow! I right clicked "It's Not So Funny" and I have it saved now! I'll keep these till I get a legal version, if this is alright. I don't know.
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

unluckily for me i can only hear them and not save them because i dont have quicktime pro. Ill just download both albums off of mp3sugar.com one of these days.
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

You don't need quicktime pro :? Instead of opening the file, just right click and "save as". If you're using Firfox, right click and "save link as"
Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

cableguyxx wrote:You don't need quicktime pro :? Instead of opening the file, just right click and "save as". If you're using Firfox, right click and "save link as"

damn dude, you my friend are a fucking genius!!!
wow, too bad im going on vacation tomorrow and now i dont have time to upload on to my mp3, im sad now. :cry: ill see if i can though
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Pretty much exactly what Darin said. If I remember, Kevin gave them to Darin free of charge and has simply granted permission, to host them. Its very humble on their part in my opinion and very decent of them all :)
Mickbeatle

Post by Mickbeatle »

I just found out something:

The files are video files. That's why I get them on a CD properley. Any help here?
Mickbeatle

Post by Mickbeatle »

Oh by the way I'm listening to QR I right now. Sounds pretty cool. I'm listening to it on Windows Media Player but I wanna use on my iPod.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Mickbeatle wrote:Oh by the way I'm listening to QR I right now. Sounds pretty cool. I'm listening to it on Windows Media Player but I wanna use on my iPod.
QRII is much better 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Randy Perry

Post by Randy Perry »

As dated as it sounds by comparison, I still think QRII was one of the best records Quiet Riot ever recorded. I think there may have been more songs I liked on that one record than any other record they ever put out.
Caladwen

Post by Caladwen »

THANKYOU SO MUCH!!!!! I've been looking for a site where you can download QR1 and 2 for ages! YAY! :D
Gone, but never EVER forgotten.