Randy's Onstage Personality

Talk about Quiet Riot with Randy here

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

You got to remember that in QR he was playing with friends. And in Ozzy...it was all about Ozzy. In Off The Rails you even read that Sharon told Rudy not to move around. I also read an interview with Kelly Garni that says that Ozzy had punched Randy at the breakfast table, who knows what kinds of problems Randy and Ozzy had that we havent read about yet and which we will probably never hear from the Osbourne camp.
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »

alex1251 wrote:You got to remember that in QR he was playing with friends. And in Ozzy...it was all about Ozzy. In Off The Rails you even read that Sharon told Rudy not to move around. I also read an interview with Kelly Garni that says that Ozzy had punched Randy at the breakfast table, who knows what kinds of problems Randy and Ozzy had that we havent read about yet and which we will probably never hear from the Osbourne camp.
I think he punched him because he didn't want to do the live Sabbath album.
alex1251

Post by alex1251 »

Mike541x wrote:
alex1251 wrote:You got to remember that in QR he was playing with friends. And in Ozzy...it was all about Ozzy. In Off The Rails you even read that Sharon told Rudy not to move around. I also read an interview with Kelly Garni that says that Ozzy had punched Randy at the breakfast table, who knows what kinds of problems Randy and Ozzy had that we havent read about yet and which we will probably never hear from the Osbourne camp.
I think he punched him because he didn't want to do the live Sabbath album.
yeah, and because he was only gonna do one more studio album.....but then tragedy struck and they ended up fighting about nothing...... :(
Goodbye to romance, yeah
Goodbye to friends,
Goodbye to all the Past
I guess that we'll meet
We'll meet in the end
Rhoadsette

Re: Randy's Onstage Personality

Post by Rhoadsette »

If you look at pictures of him performing with Ozzy as opposed to him performing with Quiet Riot, he didn't smile HALF as much. And in some pictures, he looked downright sickly and worn out.
I mean, think about it -- he wasn't allowed to wear exactly what he wanted ( I'm SURE $haron wouldn't let him wear the polka-dotted vests or bowties), he wasn't allowed to do the 5-7 minute solos like he could with QR.
It's quite sad, really.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re:

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Paul Wolfe wrote:I have seen a couple full Quiet Riot shows on video and Randy definitely seems to enjoy every minute of performing. I'd say it has to do with being in his own band that he formed with his friends as opposed to being a hired gun with Ozzy.
As I said before, I think Randy really enjoyed being in his own band more than being a hired gun...
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

My theory is just the genre's Randy was playing. Quiet Riot was happy and party music while Ozzy was serious, heavy and scary. I can't see myself smiling and jumping around like Tigger when playing Mr. Crowley or Believer or Suicide Solution.

Picking Up the Pieces, Last Call for Rock and Roll and It's Not So Funny make me wanna hop all over the place
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Axeman1956 wrote:Last Call for Rock and Roll

I don't think Randy ever played that song :wink:
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

I was talking about Genres, not what Randy played... The guitar in Last Call is Randy you know
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Axeman1956 wrote:I was talking about Genres, not what Randy played... The guitar in Last Call is Randy you know

Just messing with you... the guitar is Randy but the song Randy played/wrote was Mama's Little Angels... so, as always, I'm right! :roll:
Axeman1956
Mass Poster

Post by Axeman1956 »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Axeman1956 wrote:I was talking about Genres, not what Randy played... The guitar in Last Call is Randy you know

Just messing with you... the guitar is Randy but the song Randy played/wrote was Mama's Little Angels... so, as always, I'm right! :roll:
Yes. Of course I know he wrote Mama's Little Angels. I have the first two albums in a box in near mint condition lolz. I downloaded them a while ago thanks to DMXR :D
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Maybe, just maybe, QRs music was easier to play and thus, Randy could move around more? With Ozzy, the music seems to be more "advance" so it would(?) require more
focus and attention?

With that said... If you look at both Jake and Zakk(early '89ish) they seem to move
around ALOT more and still pull off those intricate licks 8)