Does anyone else feel that Ozzy has become too mainstream?

Talk about Ozzy Osbourne/Black Sabbath here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ozzyrules

Post by ozzyrules »

Blaclsmith13 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:
Skully wrote:I'd say no. I think he's grown up, which is a good thing. Not so much 'gone mainstream.'
"Mainstream" has changed A LOT since Ozzy started his career. Crazy Train is an NFL standard and was used in a Toyota commercial for crying out loud.

Maybe "mainstream" has gone Ozzy?
Guy Makes A Good Point
God forbid if ONE of the man's many many songs was used in a commercial. It's not illegal. Jesus...
[img]http://i51.tinypic.com/2ljgosl.jpg[/img]
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

It doesn't bother me that Ozzy's tunes are used in commercials. That just means there's more of a chance of someone hearing Crazy Train or Iron Man and becoming a fan of good music.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

zmack mylde wrote: Yeah but what about the way he is trying to cover up his past for example now saying Bloodbath in Paradise is about Vietnam. He used to say its about Manson but now he changed his story and said it's about the Vietnam war.
theres not much answer i can give you for that, when i first heard the song i thought it was about the vietnam war, keep in mind thats just my opinion ive not tried looking it up,

all things considered it could be about manson the, the lyrics would fit.

im not sure what ozzy would gain from changing his mind, he already had an anti war song in War Pigs, unless Bloodbath can be seen as anti american. sorry im a little confused, what do you mean exactly?

ozzy's image is changing (or rather it has changed) but im not sure ozzys trying to clean up his image, afer all isnt all the wife beating stuff a recent revelation, theres a lot about ozzy we're only just learning
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

ozzyrules wrote:
Blaclsmith13 wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote: "Mainstream" has changed A LOT since Ozzy started his career. Crazy Train is an NFL standard and was used in a Toyota commercial for crying out loud.

Maybe "mainstream" has gone Ozzy?
Guy Makes A Good Point
God forbid if ONE of the man's many many songs was used in a commercial. It's not illegal. Jesus...
First of all, I'd appreciate it if you refrain from using the name Jesus, it's offensive to use His name that way.

Secondly, you misunderstood. I was saying that Ozzy didn't become mainstream when Crazy Train was used in that commercial, I said the concept of mainstream has changed. In 1980 when I first heard that song, it was way too metal for any mainstream use, now that people's perception of metal has changed, Crazy Train is almost pop. This is NOT Ozzy's fault, it is a change in public perception and opinion.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Paul Wolfe wrote:First of all, I'd appreciate it if you refrain from using the name Jesus, it's offensive to use His name that way.
since when did saying Jesus become offensive ? :shock: :P :roll:
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Last edited by frank on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

frank wrote:when it's used disrespectfully stiltz. for some of us it is "the name above all names."
Thank you, Frank. That is exactly what I meant.
ozzyrules

Post by ozzyrules »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
ozzyrules wrote:
Blaclsmith13 wrote: Guy Makes A Good Point
First of all, I'd appreciate it if you refrain from using the name Jesus, it's offensive to use His name that way.

Secondly, you misunderstood. I was saying that Ozzy didn't become mainstream when Crazy Train was used in that commercial, I said the concept of mainstream has changed. In 1980 when I first heard that song, it was way too metal for any mainstream use, now that people's perception of metal has changed, Crazy Train is almost pop. This is NOT Ozzy's fault, it is a change in public perception and opinion.
Ok I see what your saying but...I'm gonna say Jesus if I want. :lol:

Now, I can see if I said Jesus CHRIST but I didn't. I didn't say Jesus in any way disrespectful.
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Last edited by frank on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

ozzyrules wrote:Ok I see what your saying but...I'm gonna say Jesus if I want. :lol:

Now, I can see if I said Jesus CHRIST but I didn't. I didn't say Jesus in any way disrespectful.
You insinuate the Christ when you say Jesus, you know it, I know it, anyone with a brain knows it. and adding a smiley at the end of your statement doesn't make you any less offensive.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

In many ways ozzy stayed the same and the world just caught up with him.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:In many ways ozzy stayed the same and the world just caught up with him.
That's exactly the point I was trying to make, thanks for simplifying it, Trigger.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Trigger wrote:In many ways ozzy stayed the same and the world just caught up with him.
That's exactly the point I was trying to make, thanks for simplifying it, Trigger.
I have been told many times that I do simple very well :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
ozzyrules

Post by ozzyrules »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
ozzyrules wrote:Ok I see what your saying but...I'm gonna say Jesus if I want. :lol:

You insinuate the Christ when you say Jesus, you know it, I know it, anyone with a brain knows it. and adding a smiley at the end of your statement doesn't make you any less offensive.
Ok but...I've got the right to say what I want.

I'll try and refrane from saying it, 'cos usually I don't say it, but I was mad at the time, so I used it.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

well, you say has he become mainstream, but he certainly isnt in the UK (in my honest opinion). He may of become mainstream for the metal theme, but I very much doubt that arse from radio 1 whatever hes called is going to be playing Tattooed Dancer or I Dont Wanna Stop anytime soon. The mainstream in England is really dance, rap, and crappy indie music. Sorry to sound narrow but they are probably the three types of music i least like, i find them totally untalented.